Import High Trial

Hi I have just been approched to take part in this new trial and I just wanted to ask if anyone is currently receiving this treatment at the moment and if so how are you getting on.

I was DX in March with Ductal Invasive BC 4.5 cm in left breast, ER+, PR+ Her2+  Chemo after surgery ( had my last chemo yesterday). Had 4x FEC and 4 x Docetaxol/Herceptin. Im 47yrs and in good health having never been in hospital before apart for my two children.

I am back with the BC unit to discuss details of the operation when during they will pop in two tiny gold pin heads as targets if I decide to go ahead. I am due to have WLE and I do have node involvement but won’t no until after surgery as to how many will be removed. 

There are two trial treatments both target the site area with heavier doses and less of a dose to surrounding tissue.

The second is an even heavier dose to the cancer site. Standard dose to surrounding area and a lesser dose outwith thereafter.

The purpose is stop reoccurance at the tumor site and to protect the surrounding heathly tissue and a lower risk of side effects. Patients have only 3 wks of Rads. We are have check ups at 3 months, 6 months and 12 months every year for ten years  which includes CT scans. Risks are the treatment 1 in 100 chance of tumour returning in the lower dose area, but since I am HER2+ anyway I still have that chance anyway. Also rare risk of tumors to other organs such as lung due to the raidotherapy fields to  guide accurate treatment but they do state the risk is unlikely to be different  than standard treatment hence the rigourous checkups.

Any input greatfully accepted. Thanks. xxxx Primrose Hill (from  Awesome April Angels Thread)

Bringing this back to the top for PrimroseHill

Thanks Jo,

This site has been so good for me. xxxxx