1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important discovery re Latest Posts!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
HelenL_BCC

Re: Important discovery re Latest Posts!!!!

I completely take on board your comments about threads, Zeppa, and will add this to our feedback. Thanks again for your thoughts on this trial, all. We're listening and will continue to do so.

Jenifer

I would like to reiterate Ruby's suggestion that the forum designers should have a look at the American breastcancer.org site and how they display their list of threads and latest posts.

Zeppa

Thanks for your reply, Helen. This is the first explanation I've found for the decision not to have the latest posts presented the way I liked them and used every visit: "As you may know, we spent time before the forum re-launch investigating ways to present latest activity in a way that doesn't immediately feel overwhelming (or perhaps upsetting) to users." I don't understand it at all. How could a list of posts be overwhelming or upsetting? One of the advantages of the old system was that it was more interesting because it went far enough to show a good variety of posts. For example, I think most of the posts are on topics like 'Starting chemotherapy in June' etc. People going through chemo obviously use those threads a lot while they're doing it. Myself, I finished chemo before I even used this forum. I want to see who's been writing about lymphoedema or new articles or all sorts of other topics. And actually, those using the chemo-by-month threads don't need those latest posts either, because they will go straight to the thread. I understand that a topic like 'April Angels' is not upsetting, but actually having breast cancer is upsetting and I can't see why giving us a variety of posts - and a chance to look into unfamiliar areas of the forum - could be a bad thing.

Ruby1

Thanks Helen and sorry for my moan yesterday - I just don't want to think that people don't come to the forums in their times of need as they find it hard to navigate their way around and also for people who were used to the forums how they used to be may be put off coming.  I do appreciate what is being done though

Ruby x

HelenL_BCC

Hello all,

Thanks very much for letting us know your thoughts on the 'Latest threads' box we're currently trialling.

I understand that, for some, it's not quite what you'd had in mind. However, I'm really pleased that we're able to test this and gather feedback. 

As you may know, we spent time before the forum re-launch investigating ways to present latest activity in a way that doesn't immediately feel overwhelming (or perhaps upsetting) to users. We of course want to balance that with ensuring a great experience for our more established members. 

We'll continue to work on this, and keep you updated.

Thanks again,

Helen Woman Happy

Ruby1

TO THE MODERATORS/WEBSITE DESIGNERS

I'm SO disappointed yet again with the layout of this new forum.  What happened to being able to see all the latest posts on one page (all of them) and not each one repeated each time somebody replies? 

I've seen the forums change probaby around 4 or 5 times since I first used them and this is now the worst it's been in terms of layout.  I feel lost and find the navigation is very poor.  This makes me not want to use the forum any more.  Please as I've suggested on many occasions take a look at the American website BreastCancer.org and see how their website is laid out. 

On a positive note though the actual design i.e. the visual part is extremely good.

Please please as requested on numerous occasions, bring back all the latest posts and only list each heading once.  Thanks

Jenifer

Me neither, Zeppa.

Zeppa

In case I posted in the wrong section: I regret that we only have 'latest threads', not 'latest posts'. The latter let us look at a wide range of sections. This is much less, and does it only relate to newest threads, rather than latest posts in older threads? Am disappointed that we can't have the old system back and don't understand why.

Jenifer

Helen - didn't see your post here so had replied to your Announcement post in a new thread in this Feedback section.

HelenL_BCC

Hello there, 

We're trialling a new way of displaying latest posts within threads on the forum homepage. If you access the community on a PC or laptop you should now be able to see 'view the latest threads here' box above the categories. 

As ever, we'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on this. Do head over to forum feedback and let us know!

Many thanks,

Helen Woman Happy

Zeppa

Sorry, I made a mistake. It is as it was, I was just looking at the latest posts in one section.

Zeppa

I have just logged in for the first time since a few weeks ago. Now I no longer get the long link to Latest Posts, but below the other boards come Latest Posts, but only 4 or 5 of them.

Is there any way of getting, say, 20 or 30 latest posts the way we used to? I really miss it but I may be doing something wrong myself.

Jenifer

Thanks stressy! I started this new thread on purpose in the hope that they would notice it asap! 🙂

stressy_messy

oh i see what you mean now lol. i just went on the bring back latest post thread and used the link anna had put on there . maybe the mods will  change the link on the main page.  well done jenifer lol xx 

Jenifer

No, sm, if you use the 'threads' version you will find that each thread is only listed once and to the right it tells you how many 'replies' thee have been and how many of these are 'new' since your last visit. So no scrolling down through repetitive post-by-post to find the thread/s that interest you.

stressy_messy

hi, if the link was to say latest threads wouldnt that just take you to all the new threads started and not latrst posts?. ir have i misunderstood lol xx 

Jenifer

Important discovery re Latest Posts!!!!

Here is what I hope will be good news to those of us who are fed up with scrolling through pages and of pages of Latest Posts: There appears to be an error in the link given by Helen BCC (Latest posts closed thread)in which she quoted Anna BCC's Sept. 16th link (Bring back latest posts thread). We are getting ALL posts because Helen has put 'post' instead of 'thread' at the end. Apologies of course if I am wrong. I would have 'replied' to Helen with this information if the thread had not been set to block replies.