In memory of Jo Bearpark, millykins

Jo ran out of options for treatment and died today. She was amazingly courageous and not openly resentful about the hand she had been dealt. Her big worry was leaving behind her husband and young duaghter. Jo was supportive to all on the Pink Road thread (Autumn 2010 - Spring 2011 chemo journeys) and some of us were lucky enough to meet her in 2012 before she’d been diagnosed with secondaries. Whilst having treatment the second time, Jo started her Pickapiccline cover web-site, which gave women stylish alternatives to the bit of crepe bandage that goes over picc lines. The profits were always sent to Cancer Research UK. I have fond memories of a trip with the originator of the Pink Road to the deep south (Sussex) to see Jo one weekend. We talked, we laughed and we ate cake. Rest in Peace Jo.

Dear Nottsgal,

Thank you for sharing this news with us.  On behalf of the moderators I should like to offer my sincere condolences to Jo’s family and friends.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

I’m so very sorry to read this sad news. My sincere condolences to Jo’s husband and daughter and all those who loved Jo and will miss her. Rest in Peace, gone much too soon. X

How sad, another young woman gone too soon. Rest in peace Jo and condolences to her family and friends xx

So sad to hear this news, we did speak on the forum and Jo really helped me when I was diagnosed with lung secondaries, thoughts are with her family x