In my area?

Hi All I’m newly diagnosed and have surgery on the 8th.
Is there anyone out there in the South Yorkshire area who is either newly diagnosed or going through treatment and would be interested in having a buddy for support? I find this forum so helpful and having a buddy locally who would be interested in coffee and chat would be wonderful
xx

Wish you lived near me I would love a buddy would find that really great having someone close by to visit and chat or meet up for coffee I live in Hull Anita 1 xxx very scary time 

Hi Anita thank you for your reply and Hull is not so far away.
I know you mention in another post that you are new to this… tell me what’s happening with you and perhaps we can support each other on here even if we can’t meet up.
This morning I have sobbed and sobbed-first time I have been so emotional since the diagnosis.
My OH is lost for words to comfort me and tells me to be strong. Well I’m at the other end of the spectrum from strong right now x

Hi Andi - sorry you are having a bad day - sometimes it really hits you and completely floors you at other times it’s as if it’s not really happening and everything is carrying on as normal .It does get better - the first few weeks are really horrible but once you have had your op and know exactly what your treatment will be you will feel a lot calmer .Just keep chatting here to people who understand .Jill xx

Thank you Jill for your kind words of support.
Had major meltdown this morning and it lasted about an hour.
Then I pulled myself together and did some retail shopping.
My surgery is in 2 days so I bought new PJs. .dressing gown…bras and a lounge suit. All in fluffy pink and white…felt loads better.
The roller coaster continues but as long as there are more positive times than negative we will all get through this. …together xx

Thank you for your good wishes Moijan. Feeling calm today.

Anita good to know you are there thank you for your support . Keep posting xx

Yesxx

Andy, how did surgery go? Hopefully not at all traumaticxx

Surgery went well thanks Moijan. Can’t believe it was only yesterday no pain just a little discomfort.
Think I’ve been on a post surgery high. Problem is I mentally feel like the bc has gone and actually feel normal today. Then I realised that this is only the start of the journey and I’ve dropped back to anxious again.
Been reading posts about recurrence further down the line and it’s making me so sad and worried about the future.
Friends are telling me the worst is over but they don’t realise quite what living with a bc diagnosis means.
I’ve gone from high as a kite this morning to rock bottom this evening when it dawned on me the reality of all this.
Need a massive kick up the proverbial as this negative mood just won’t help me at all.

Got a big holiday booked for June and really don’t know if I will be fit to travel.
MRI showed no node involvement but worried now the SNB will reveal something
Back to the waiting game for results.

On the plus side I’ve eaten 3 good meals today which is the first time since early December . Having lost so much weight with worry I really do need to start eating again to help with recovery

Sorry for the venting of feelings but it helps so much.

And xx

Thanks M for prompt reply.
Need to be glass half full now.
Grieving for my “normal” life I guess.
The rollercoaster goes on.
A good night’s sleep will sort me out I hope
Calmer days ahead
Love to all xx

Sleep well Andi, gain your strength.

feel free to vent tho anytimexx

moijanxx

Hi Andi, 

Just seen this thread, I don’t normally go on this. I have secondary bc, my primary was in 2012. I noted you would like a buddy in South Yorkshire. I live in South Yorkshire. I’ve not had contact with anyone in the area so it would be great to have contact. This site has been so supportive and has helped me a lot.

Liz x

Hi Liz
Good to hear from you.
When I work out how to send a private message I will contact you with my details xx

Thanks Anita messages of support mean so much.
3 days post surgery and feel fine hardly any discomfort now. Exercises going well.
Going out to my sons for dinner later…nice to feel normal again.
Same goes for you. …love and support. Keep in touch xx

The roller coaster continues.
Had a post op euphoric few days now down to rock bottom again.
I think this is mainly because my normally busy life has ground to a complete halt. I miss the structure of working and the company of colleagues but couldn’t find the headspace to work at the minute.
I am 6 days post op and doing OK physically.
Mentally and emotionally drained. It doesn’t help when it rains all day.
Had planned to cook a romantic VDay meal but ended up with cheese on toast!
I want the old smiley happy me back. I don’tlike the new version. …
Love to All xx

The roller coaster continues.
Had a post op euphoric few days now down to rock bottom again.
I think this is mainly because my normally busy life has ground to a complete halt. I miss the structure of working and the company of colleagues but couldn’t find the headspace to work at the minute.
I am 6 days post op and doing OK physically.
Mentally and emotionally drained. It doesn’t help when it rains all day.
Had planned to cook a romantic VDay meal but ended up with cheese on toast!
I want the old smiley happy me back. I don’t like the new version. …
Love to All xx

Thank you again Moijan for your words of support.
I slept well last night -with the help of Nytol- and always feel better for a good night’s sleep.

Totally agree with your comments and as the sun is shining it lifts our spirits.

There is a Macmillan centre near by but I haven’t been there yet. I’m still a little in disbelief I guess and find it hard to accept the word cancer on all the literature I have from the hospital

I’m going to try and live a normal life as far as possible and enjoy each day.

I don’t get my surgery results for another 2 weeks and the waiting game continues. I find the mental strain of waiting for results very debilitating.
My mammogram was early December and a series of biopsies followed by waiting for results over several weeks has made me dreadfully anxious.

My OH has coped well but broke down in tears last night and I feel so guilty for creating his pain.

The physical aspect has been easy to cope with but the mental damage is the worse.

So…I’ve realised only 1 person can lift my spirit’s and sort my head out and that’s me!

Wasting today on anxiety is pointless it robs us of the future.

Love to all
xxx

Hi Fairy Dust
That makes 2 of us frayed round the edges.
I seem to have 1 good day followed by 1 down day.
I am 1 week post surgery and was very bright and optimistic for a few days but have another 12 days to wait for surgery path results.
I try to do 1 thing everyday such as out for lunch or coffee with friends as well as a short walk in the fresh air.
Still fatigued from the surgery so have to rest as well.
Good to know we are all feeling the same though.

My OH said today that the only thing I should be thinking is “thank God for breast screening”.
True
Love to all xx

Thank You Anita and good wishes to you and all our good friends on the forum.
Today I have had lunch out with my nieces and I felt normal. Such a lovely feeling.
The sinking feeling is starting to return now I am back home.
I just feel incredibly sad.
I have always embraced life and lived it to the full.
Now I feel frightened of the future

Anyway no point in dwelling on things we cannot change. Stay positive
I think I will clean out a few cupboards. …that seems like a good distraction!

Love to all
xxx

Thank you for your concern Moijan.

Physically I am very well. Scars healing nicely.
Loads of arm movement and I’m combining the arm exercises with gentle yoga every day. Also walking daily and getting lots of rest

Mentally and emotionaly I’m very weak.
Struggling to come to terms with the diagnosis even after 6/7 weeks and feel like the bottom has just dropped out of my lovely life.

The waiting between appointments and results is torture. Had my surgery 2.5 weeks ago and results this week. I have had health anxiety for many years and can’t begin to imagine how I will add this ongoing health worry to the list!

I’m trying to stay positive but don’t manage it all the time. Sleep deprivation seems to cause most of the anxiety so having to occasionaly resort to prescription meds.

I so admire the positivity and fighting spirit of the ladies on the forum and aspire to acquiring this mental strength one day.

Thank you again for asking how I am… it does help.

Love and Best Wishes to all
xxx

Hi Fairy Dust
I have also been thinking about you too.

Physically I am fine. I’m back to normal in many ways. Emotionally still not strong and have my days of anxiety. Overall I would say I’m 80% coping and 20% not which I guess is not bad at all!

Yes I’ve had my surgery results and have clear margins and no nodes affected for which I am very grateful. Met with the oncologist last week and I’m now waiting for my radiotherapy appointment and have a prescription for Letrizole. I also have to have a Dexa scan to check for bone density.

I feel thankful that I have had good results and feel very blessed for the love and support I have received from family and friends (and this wonderful forum ) but still feel incredibly sad some days.

I did respond to your original pm, with my details but as you are having a few email issues you may not have received it. I will send it again as I think there is a reply button. Feel free to private message me if you can, or just stay in contact on the forum.

I’m praying for a good outcome for you as I know you have had many issues and really hope you get that surgery date soon. Once surgery is done it does change your outlook and everything becomes a little easier.

Much love xx