71590members
375594posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In pain and trying to carry on.. am new here..

39 REPLIES 39
roses4u

Re: In pain and trying to carry on.. am new here..

Hi Rach,
I am also new to this. I had a nipple biopsy and got the diagnosis of Paget's disease. I then had a mamogram and scan which showed 2 lumps in my left breast. So further biopsy's were taken from the lumps, I get my results on the 1st March, it feels like I have been waiting forever.
At this stage I don't know what treatement I will have, but they have suggested I might be advised to have a mastectomy due to the distant of the lumps. I go for a bone scan on Wednesday due to lower back pain.
I am a community nurse and still trying to work and it does help me to take my mind off the possible outcome, and while waiting to have surgery.
Hope it all goes ok for you!!!
Best wishes Vicky
Annaad

Good luck Rach O

I have just had mammogram, ultras an and 3core biopsy today. I am feeling exhausted, bruised and really worried. I have to wait over 2 weeks for my results. I have one lump which is an inch and a few smaller lumps. When I went to the GP 6 weeks ago, he did not even bother to examine me, and after 4 waiting 4 weeks for a appointment I rang twice and was told I was a non urgent I went again and saw a female Gp who did examine me and then I waited another 2 weeks for an appointment. I was not too worried until I saw the size of the lumps. Now I am worried and just want them out. The female GP said I would probably have them out by 4weeks but waiting 2weeks seems endless especially since I am going to spend time away with family. I don,t want to worry them but I don,t ,t want them to stress me out over Xmas. I am not looking forward to waiting the next 2 weeks and am thinking about going private.

So I am going to be treated possibly with more respect than a cattle herd.

I was not happy with the consultant saying it could be cancer when the results have not confirmed it and all the waiting is upsetting me,

I felt upset today as I was the only lady without a partner it was a solid 4hour waiting and it felt horrid. I want to transfer to private hospital so I don,t feel like a cattle herd undergoing various procedures and people making diagnosis without proper results. Any advice for support would do.
Rach_O

Hiya ladies,
I actually have some good news for a change! Went for the needle test at the beginning of this week, and it's come back clear!
Got to go for the pre-op appointment next Friday for the biopsy area that they're going to take out, so I'm not out of the woods yet, but just for once I can give you something to smile about!
I hope no news is good news for anyone else in my position, I have everything crossed for you.
Sending you all my love and light for a very Merry Christmas and what will hopefully be a happy New Year, and my heartfelt thanks once again for being here for me - I don't think I could have coped without you all over the last few weeks..
Love and hugs,
Rach x x x x x x x
tracyld

Hello Rach,
Thinking of you as we have not heard from you about your results on Friday. How did things turn out for you.? Let us all know how you are feeling . Love and hugs Tracy xxx
Rach_O

Sandra - thank you for your post - I'm hoping that no news is good news, hon. Your surgeon sounds wonderful. Hoping I get the same treatment this time round...
Funki - your post made me laugh out loud for the first time in days! I might even print it and take it with me if you don't mind - I'm usually the one to make people LOL, and this time, I'm going in with that attitude! Thank you, hon!
Breast consultant called me yesterday - I'm to go back on Tuesday and ask for her in person - she is going to do the needle test, before I go and see the new surgeon. She couldn't tell him much about the complaint she's put in about that.. call him what you will.. as she was in company at the time, but she's so on my side, bless her heart.
As always - thank you for your support, and your friendship.. I've added a few of you as friends - I hope that's ok.
Wishing you all a good weekend and will catch up with you soon.
Lots of love and hugs,
Rach x x x x
Funkilala

Good luck with your results tomorrow Sandra. X
Sandra51

aww Rach Im sorry about all the abbeviations... Ive only just had to learn them myself.... there is a page on this site which explains everything... I was like you.. hadnt a clue what the other ladies were posting about.. but unfortunately I soon found myself in the position of having to know :-((... I was diagnosed on the 25th Oct with Grade 3 invasive ductal cancer... took awhile to get my head around it.... still dont think I have.. does any of us.....whatever your outcome is.. you will be fully supported on here... I ranted and cried many a time and there is always someone who is awake.. even in the middle of the night....Im lucky also to have a great surgeon....he takes the time with his patients.. even if he does over run appts by 2 hours you cant moan at him cos when he does get to me he takes his time so I understand everything.... Im having a bit of a mad night tonight as its results day tomorrow... husband is taking me to lunch and shopping to distract me... so god help his wallet!! :-).... always here Rach... private message anytime hun... try and sleep and rest xxxxx
Funkilala

Rach like the other wonderful Ladies on here have already said...that is disgusting the way that Surgeon spoke to you!!!!
Good for you for not putting up with it and refusing to see him again.
I really hope you are happier with your new Surgeon and that he will allow you to ask questions and that he behaves the way the majority of the wonderful breast surgeons do.
Mine was a bit geeky and very serious. The first time I met him I made him laugh and broke the ice when I said " when you take the lump out can you fluff it all up a bit in there to fill the gap left behind?" He roared with laughter and said " I will do my best" Since then we have got on like a house on fire. I feel I can say anything to him and even asked if he could put the scar in a certain position and told him that I didnt scar very well and could he do a special job of stitching me up. He did and I'm thrilled with the position of the scar and the job he made of stitching me up 😉
Thinking of you Rach and hope all goes well friday and remember.... we are all here for you
Funki x x x
Rach_O

Hi Tracy and Sandra - thank you both for your lovely replies, despite going through your own problems at the moment. I am sending all my good vibes that you're both going to be on the path to recovery, and there's me, still with no diagnosis!
Sandra, thank you for your support! I really don't have a clue about what the diagnosis abbreviations are, call me clueless, but I so hope it's good news for you, hon.
Tracy. your BCC sounds so much like mine - she called me out of the blue to ask me about this - as it was her who put the written complaint in - to ask if I was Mrs or a Ms! Then asked me all about what this complaint will involve, and it's not me that's complained, it's her doing this. Couldn't believe it, and could have hugged her down the phone... managed not to burst into tears on her this time, although I sort of feel numb now, like I have no tears left.
I'm dealing with so much else on top of this, which I won't go off topic with, but your friendship and support is so welcome. Please keep in touch, all of you!
Lots of love and strength,
Rach x x x x
Sandra51

Hi Rach.... Im in total shock in how you have been treated!!... I so hope you get a fantastic surgeon who knows how to deal with people 🙂 Im a bag of nerves at the moment... I get my results of my WLE and SNB tomorrow....Im still feeling a bit battered and bruised after the op and got an infection on top of that..grrrr... but the support on this site is amazing.. dont ever think your not worth it hun... cos YOU ARE.. sending you huge hugs and loadsa love for Friday xxxx
tracyld

Hello Rach,
I cannot believe what that Consultant said to you. ! He must think we ladies will put up with anything but we deserve to be treated with respect and not told to shut up and listen. Yes we may ramble at times but so would he if he had Cancer of his bits ! Men sometimes drive us crazy dont they ? I saw a very old fashioned surgeon for my initial diagnosis and was so scared I was happy to just have the mastectomy , agree to anything and escape because he did not put me at my ease at all. However the BCN that day had different ideas. She insisted that I see the Onco plastic Breast Surgeon who could discuss an immediate reconstruction . I was very reluctant but she let me escape and said she would ring me. Me and my hubby went for a quick pub lunch and she rang me back with a date and time. A few days later I saw a lady Consultant who I immediately warmed to, she put me at my ease and explained everything to me in great detail. I went on my own to this app as I did not want my hubby or mum to help me change my mind. I knew it was decision I alone had to make. I did have the immediate recon as I trusted her so much and she made a fantastic job bless her. Of course it is nothing like my other breast but in a bra and bathing costume looks great.
So Rach I hope like me , the Consultant on Friday is wonderful and explains it all to you. We will all be thinking of you and hoping that you stay strong and indeed speak your mind and ask him/her to stop if you do not understand. Yes you deserve better and a written complaint is a good idea really to save any other ladies from his condescending attitude, love and hugs Tracy xxx
Rach_O

Hi again Judy - I don't quite understand what your results mean, but if it's good news and you're happy, then that's fantastic! (((HUG)))
Had a call from the breast consultant today, who is being totally lovely. She's put in a written complaint about the way I was treated following on from my tearful phonecall to her on Monday.. I asked her if she wanted me to add anything, but she's literally quoted word for word what I told her. So hopefully come Friday afternoon, I'll be getting another phone call from her telling me that I will now not be having any further dealings with the first surgeon any more. Result. PHEW..
Still a long way from getting any answers, but it's so good to know she is on my side, and taking me seriously.
PG - how did you get on today? Been thinking of you, hon..
Sending love and thanks for all your support - your friendship means so much to me right now, and I'm hoping you're all as ok as can be, if not better!
Lots of love,
Rach x x x
Judy2109

I will be thinking of you on Friday. My results were very good Grade 1 with clear margin. So in the New Year I must start my radiotherapy and take tamoxifen or five years I can live with that!! Now all I need is that the melanoma on my leg to be sorted out starting tomorrow and then I will be clear once again phew!!! Love Judy xx
Cheryl17

Rach Good luck for Friday, be strong xxxxx

PG good luck for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you.
Sending double hugs to both of you. keep positive. Xxxx
Rach_O

PG - am sending all my love and (very gentle) hugs for the 12th - holding your hand too. Thank you for replying when you are going through so much yourself.
Sending funny jokes and silly thoughts so we can both keep our chins up!
Lots of love,
Rach x x x
poemsgalore

Hi Rach
All the very best for Friday. By then, I will have had my mastectomy (12th) and worrying about what happens next. We all do it, don't we. Keep your chin up pet.
pg xxx
Rach_O

Thanks, Judy - your support means the world. (((hug)))
I'm going to have to wait until Friday, when the lovely breast consultant calls me about seeing the other surgeon who is coming back from holiday then.
I won't be seeing that particular surgeon again, and I made this quite clear to the breast consultant - and this time, I will speak my mind, with the knowledge that I have the support of the breast consultant, the sonographer who did the biopsies and you lovely ladies behind me.
I so hope that you get good news and soon, and thank you for replying, despite what you are going through yourself.. if it's any comfort, I'm holding your hand too. Hope you get the news you need too, and soon, hon.
Lots of love,
Rach x x x
Judy2109

I have only just read all about your problems and I feel absolutely disgusted with that consultant. You do not have to see him again you know you can insist on seeing a different consultant. I know what I am talking about three years ago I was having treatment for bladder cancer and I really disliked one of the consultants and a made it clear that I didn't want to see that particular one again. three years on and I have never seen him again. they make a note on your file and if they by mistake give you another appointment with him you just refuse and ask for another one. I was so incensed with this that I had to respond even though I will soon be going for my results after my own lumpectomy. You will get through this as we all will will the support of others on these boards Judy x
Rach_O

Thanks so much, PG & Cheryl.
I'm still upset now. I've got so much other rubbish going on in my life, that has nothing to do with this, but I'm still angry at myelf for letting this person make me feel this way. I've been on the phone to close friends, and they're in total agreement.
I'm trying to get some fight back in me, but it's not easy.. I don't know whether to call my GP again or not - might be nothing she can do, now I'm referred?
I just feel such an idiot for letting him speak to me and treat me in the way he did - you could even see it on the nurse's face - almost said it all...
Could someone please kick me up the bum and tell me to fight my corner? Just feel like, despite the kindness shown by the majority of the staff at the hospital, that I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag right now..
Thank you as always... your support means the world.
Lots of love,
Rach x x x x
Cheryl17

Well said PG, I am gobsmacked with your consultants attitude. My consultant has showed me nothing less than compassion , knowledge and thoughtfulness. Demand to see another One! Do not let it get you down xxxxxbig big hugs xxxxxx
poemsgalore

Hi Rach
I do hope you are no longer feeling worthless, 'cos you're not. How dare this stupid man make you feel this way. He shouldn't be treating vulnerable women who are already scared out of their wits. I hope the new surgeon you are seeing is kinder and more considerate. I wish I could think of something to say to make you feel better, you do not deserve to be made to feel so wretched. Just to let you know all on these forums will be horrified by your experiences and will send their support, love and lots of virtual[[[hugs]]] to you. xxx

pg
Rach_O

Hi ladies..
All I can say is that I feel like I've been put through hell, and I still don't have the answers. I saw the breast surgeon, and to be perfectly honest, he made me feel like a 9 year old instead of a nearly 40 year old. He basically told me to shut up and let him talk, gave my breast the most basic of examinations, and ignored me when I said it was painful, and didn't even ask about the needle test I was supposed to have on the top of my breast, until I asked him about it. Even then, nothing was done about it. I was basically told that I am bottom of the list for surgery, he couldn't see what was flagged by the sonographer who did the biopsies, and I was to wait until he could fit me in!
I came out feeling like I shouldn't have even been there. I totally appreciate that ladies or men who actually have a diagnosis must come first, but he didn't even ask me if I was alright - it was a case of 'I know you ladies worry about it, but you are not to worry.'
I've been brooding on this since I got home, and I've just called the breast consultant who I first saw 2 weeks ago. she was lovely and is going to try and get me a second opinion with another surgeon, who is on leave until Friday.
I'm now in floods of tears, doubting myself and am more scared than ever before.. how dare he make me feel this way? I have horrendous anxiety and panic anyway, and each time I have to make myself go through this sort of thing, I am left with feelings of self-doubt, worthlessness and more.. I know I am not imagining this. The people who did the mammograms, the scans and the biopsies could see there was something there.. and now this man has come in and made me feel like I am imagining it!
Just don't know where to turn now... I've never felt so bl**dy wretched.
Hoping you are all ok, and as always, thanks for your support and friendship - means the world..
Lots of love,
Rach x x x x x
amd66

Rach - at least you have some answers, all i can say is the lumpectomy is doable, you will feel more confident once it is explained and if you want to pm (private message) me for any questions please do, looking back it was pretty easy, and you wont be missing out on christmas or fun times with your children.with a new accessory of a bit of a plaster on your boob!!!
the support on here is amazing, i feel so thankful that i can share whatever i need to
anne xxxxxxxx
Rach_O

I called the consultant earlier, and thank flim I did...
They have been trying to call me but the useless shower of ... fill the gap in - at my GP surgery gave them my old number.
I have to go and see a breast surgeon next Monday, not the consultant. They want to do a lumpectomy (for want of a better word). They THINK this is benign. They can't be sure. So I'm to have surgery, and possible tests on the part of my breast that they didn't check last time, but that was down to me, not them.
I can't begin to describe how scared I am.
I just hope they choose to do this either well before Christmas, or after. I can't face the possibility of having to explain this to my eldest daughter, although I know I will have to. My Dad flies to Australia this weekend to see my brother for Christmas.
My other half is scared too. I've never lied to him, and I don't intend to start now.
I just don't know what the hell I am going to do for the next week - it's my youngest's second birthday this Saturday, so I've got her party to organise but apart from that...
Sorry - am waffling now.. just don't know where to put all my thoughts and fears.
Thanks just for being here... you're all so wonderful.
Love Rach x x x
angik

Hi Rach 🙂 firstly a massive hug to you wow reading your post took me right back to my begining and I know the waiting is hard and my fingers are crossed for you hoping you get a good result but like you have found this site to be an amazing place for support although unlike you didn't find it untill just recently when I was coming to the end of my treatment am sending you all the best wishes in the world to you for your results please let us know

angi xxx
Cheryl17

Hi Rach O. I was told that patients HAVE to return for results as theynever send them by post or give results over the telephone. So please try not too worry,I so know howmuch that advice is easier said then done! Can you call tem explain your anxiety and ask if the have any cancellations earlier than the 10th. Big hugs to you xxxxx
Rach_O

Hi ladies..
I've been recalled to the breast clinic on the 10th of this month.
I thought I was scared before, but this is something else... I thought that if there was nothing wrong, they would just write to me and tell me if that was the case, so why have they asked me to go back?
I don't think I can sleep on this for a whole week, without losing the plot totally..
Any advice is so welcome.. thank you again for your support.
Love Rach x x
Rach_O

Thank you, ladies.. you are so supportive - I'm glad I found this place.. (((HUGS)))
I'm feeling a bit better physically today - my poor boob still looks like I have 2 nipples, and I am still so sore and bruised, but managed to find one of my old maternity support tops, and made it out of the house to go and see the lady I care for!
I think that people, ie close friends and family, are just expecting me to collapse in a heap, and write myself off, but that's never been the way I do things. I did all that when I first posted on here, and was in a whole world of fear, pain and the unknown. You lovely ladies have helped me get past that stage now, made me feel that my fear was normal and to be expected, so now whatever I'm dealing with, I will deal with head on.
I am still so very scared. I can't lie about that. But I have a life to get on with, and one thing I've always said is that where there is life, there is hope. I've heard nothing from the hospital today, but that's ok, the lovely Dr that did the biopsies did say that it could be next Monday or Tuesday, so that gives me the whole weekend to try not to blooter my eldest daughter for being the gobby pre-teen that she is, deal with my youngest who's 2 next weekend, and maybe sit on my bum for about half an hour if I'm lucky! My other half is still on a huge run of nightshifts, so until he gets a day or two off, I'm like a single Mum... never mind, I'm used to it..
I'm just so tired with it all, or my brain is.. the worry, going from naked terror to anger to numbness... the depression and anxiety that is always there.. but I can't shut down now, and I won't let myself. Maybe, as some of you have said, once I get a result, I will feel relieved whatever that result is.. at least then I can know what, if anything, I am dealing with, and man up and get on with it.
Thank you all again for your wonderful support - it means the world.
Hope you all have a good weekend, if I don't talk to you before Monday.
Lots of love,
Rach x x x
Morwenna

Hi, i hope you are sleeping right now so won't read this for a while.

I just wanted to suggest that its better to take paracetamol/acetominaphen for pain rather than ibuprofen for the first 48 hours, especially if you are bleeding, cos ibuprofen, aspirin and other anti-inflammatory meds can thin blood and prolong bleeding post-procedure.

I also found cold therapy very useful for the pain, bruising and swelling, and spent a couple of days after my biopsy with an ice pack stuck to my boob!

Lets hope you find it is nothing to worry about, but it is so scary awaiting those initial results, to be honest you put yourself through all the possible worst case scenarios, that when you get the results its almost a relief to know what you ARE dealing with!
Destiny979

please try not to worry too much......I know the waiting part is hard and it makes your mind work overtime but worrying wont help you or your lovely family in the long run......the fact that you will be getting results very soon tells you that your consultants are well on the ball like mine were....I had tests on the 27th sept (remember it well was my nieces 7th b-day ) and by the 3rd of october I was given the news unfortunately for me it was BC but as I have said its all been dealt with very quickly had a lumpectomy and lmyph nodes removed on the 1st Nov and now I am about to start chemo so they dont hang about once they know what they are dealing with especially as they said at my age I am quite young to have got this I am 36.....I would say to you is keep yourself busy as much as you can during this waiting period so you havent got time to over think and take each day as it comes.....you will have good and bad days but thats normal,we all have them and it could be the smallest thing that sets it off like for me my mobile phone breaking down got me in the mode that everything was going wrong....but then I thought sod it I am allowed to have an off day every now and then ! Please dont feel like an intruder on here as we are all here to help and support one another,I have my fingers crossed for you that it is good news......if ever you do need a bit of support you now know where to come big hugs to you xxxx

Shelley x
Rach_O

Blimey - I have to get used to this site! Replied to Jo, and all of your responses popped up all of a sudden!
Thank you, all of you for your lovely messages to a person that you don't even know - it means a lot to me.
I finally broke down earlier, having finally got my 2 girls to bed. I needed a shower to get rid of the 'hospital' smell, and I had to get my wonderful husband-to-be to get my dressing off my breast - it was soaked in blood - and help me put a fresh one on. I cried like a baby, and he finally admitted that he is just as scared as I am.
It seems silly because until I get the results, there's no point in being scared, is there? I've always been the strong one. I've had a lot to deal with in my 39 years, but this has hit me head on..
I'm on the maximum dose of Mirtazipine for anxiety and depression, so I can't take anything else, so I'm going to take those, and some more ibuprofen and hope that I can just sleep this horrible day off. Tomorrow is another day, little one (nearly 2) has a horrible cold, on top of her boring day waiting for Mum at the hospital, so I'm hoping that Calpol and some baby Vicks will help her sleep... she had me up half of last night as well. My eldest (nearly 12) has been told what's going on, and she is upset, but I've told her that she's her mothers daughter, and we will meet this head on.
Just so tired now... thank you again for your posts, and I'll be back tomorrow.
Wishing you all a good nights sleep,
Rach x x
Rach_O

Thanks, Jo for your kind welcome..
Am so tired now, my brain and body have had enough shocks, so I'll try and get some sleep, and bob back on tomorrow.
Rach x x
Wendy56

Hope you feel better soon. I go for my first appointment Monday and dreading it to be honest but just want it out the way now so I can deal with it if it is bad news.

Have prepared myself for the worst as when I had it 14 years ago I was totally unprepared and I think that was the worst feeling ever not knowing a thing about it. Lets hope it is good news for us both x x
JCJ

You are not alone. No-one should consider themselves an intruder on here. We all support each other. There is no heirarchy - no-one is iller than anyone else. We love good news, when people's results come back better than they dared hope, but we are also here for those who's world seems to have fallen apart.

I remember so well that feeling of having 'been through the mill' with mammograms, ultrasound and core biopies. I got a recall from a routine mammo - and I went on my own, convinced it was just that they needed better pictures.

I don't know how I managed to drive 30 miles home through the tears - even though, at that point I still didn't know it WAS cancer - though being introduced to a Breast Cancer Care Nurse probably should have triggered more alarm bells than it did. I think I was already on shock-overload at that point. Couldn't take any more in, so I fully understand your saying 'enough'.

The biopsy bruising will ease off in a week or so, but in the meantime take painkillers. It's very easy to say and nearly impossible to do, but try not to worry too much. Whatever your lumps turn out to be, fretting now won't change anything - but will just wear you out. I spent the week imaginging every possible senario from "Everything's fine" to imminent death and everything in between. Don't do it! Be hopeful, but prepare yourself for bad news.

If it DOES turn out to be cancer you will be given a treatment plan straight away and will be on your way to getting rid of it. Breat cancer treatments are improving all the time. Everyone on here will confirm that the waiting part is absolutely the worst. Once you know what you are dealing with you have something positive to get on with.

Please don't google - you will scare yourself to death - much of what is on the internet is either out of date or just plain wrong! Stick to reputable sites like this one and Macmillan, but even then, restrict your reading to the stage you are at. No need to think about chemo yet, you MAY never need it. Also secondaries may not ever be something you need to think about. I read too much and it made my wait SO much worse!

Everyone is different, but I did find it helped me to talk about my worries with family, friends and (selected) colleagues. It's amazing when you mention BC, how many people have come through it, years ago, and you never knew they'd had it.

Thinking of you and hoping you get good news when you get your results. Don't forget to come back and tell us how you got on, as I said we love good news and can help support you if it's not so good.

Be gentle with yourself. xx
applestreet

Of course you have a right to post on here...that's what BCC is for..congrats to you for going to your GP in the first place and having the courage..for that's what it is..to go to the Breast Clinic..I found the whole thing nerve shattering last year..I have since finished all active treatment...apart from tamoxifen..try to look on this as the first step in getting this thing sorted out and everything..if there is anything.following... to getting back to full health...as tracy says..your doc could poss give you something to calm you down..mine did..and I needed them at the time...sending you and yours a massive hug and positivity for Friday..let us know how you go on pls...

Jansim

Hi Rach
never feel bad about coming on here I was diagnosed with BC and found lots of support on here the waiting game is the worst you will get through it and try to stay positive. I hope you do not need to join us but if you do know we are all in the same boat and there is a welcome here and remember you will not be alone.
Lots of hugs
Jan
tracyld

Hello Rach,
Do not feel alone ! We are all here to support you and help with any questions you may have. The waiting is the worse and yes you will scare yourself if you google anything so just keep to this site for the time being. I would possibly ask if you could have a few diazepam from your GP to keep you calm. That way you will not feel so overwhelmed. Focus on your little girls and enjoy the funny things they do and say. Sending you big hugs and positive vibes for Friday. love Tracy xxx
lottie63

Hi Rach, you really have been through the mill x I cannot say much other than this is the very worse time the not knowing, you are in pain, scared and having to wait for results it dosent get much worse honestly ! I had the same experience when I found my lump the pain after was dire after all the teste etc and then the weeks wait for results, unfortunately mine was cancer and I have finished my treatment, just, and am awaiting my open access appointment next week , you must remember that not all lumps are cancerous but it sounds like your Dr/hospital is on the ball as results by friday is very good hun fingers x they come through for you and you dont have to join us on here but IF and I mean IF you do you will find plenty of support from the wonderful ladies on this forum, and please dont feel you shouldnt post here that is what this forum is all about helping each other through all this rubbish 😞
I wish you all the very best and please let us no how you get on xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Rach

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to offer you that support. Anything you need to know there's always someone with some knowledge and experience. Along side this there's our helpline team who are just a free phone call away to help you through. 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Rach_O

In pain and trying to carry on.. am new here..

Hello everyone, I'm Rach and I'm new to this site.
I've just come home today after a mammoth 2 hour session at the breast clinic today. I found a painful lump under my right breast about 4 months ago. After a course of antibiotics ruled out an infection, I went to see my GP, and she referred me to the breast clinic at my local hospital.
I've been through the mill today. I an examination which showed I had thickened breast tissue, not just in the place where I found the lump, but also in my upper breast as well, which now I think about it, has always been tender. I then had a mammogram, an ultrasound followed immediately by 4 core biopsies on my breast. I was treated with nothing but sympathy, compassion and professionalism. I was also asked to have a further needle test on my upper breast, but by this time I had had enough... my other half and youngest daughter had waited long enough.. I did say I would go back
I am a Mum of 2 girls, aged 2 and 11, and engaged to their Dad, my soul mate, who is terrified, although he doesn't show it. He works nights, and I work mornings as a carer.
I was told I would be contacted as soon as the results had come through, possibly as early as this Friday, if not, early next week.
I am in a huge amount of pain now the local anaesthetic has worn off, I'm SO bruised and battered, but I know this will pass - it's just bruising. I am, however terrified. I have ongoing depression and anxiety, and I have done my best to keep a lid on it all day, but now..
I almost feel like I don't have a right to post here. So many people are far worse off than I am, so I feel like a bit of an intruder..
If anyone wants to reply, then I'd be so grateful - I've NEVER felt so scared and alone..
Rach x x