In remission

I was diagnosed with a secondary to my spine in Feb 09. I have had Xeloda and one session of radio to my back. I met up with the oncologist who has said that the bone scan showed some healing and no further spread so my cancer is in remission. I’m cautiously pleased.
I know it is stage 4 cancer but right now I feel a bit more hopeful.
Just thought I’d share my news at 39 with two boys aged 13 and 10 nay good news is welcome.

muddy

That’s fantastic news Muddy - really pleased for you - healing of bones is great at this early stage - my onc has told me that bones can often take ‘many years’ to heal - I was encouraged by her choice of words!!

Take care and hope you stay stable for a very long time

Lesley x

Hi muddy,

am really pleased for you as well. Once you get a stage 4 diagnosis the fear is there because we all know where it can lead. To be aware that things are under control is reassuring. Even with mine which were extensive bone mets - just about everywhere they could be at 2ndary dx 7 years ago. I was staggered that just with herceptin & pamidronate they have been kept stable all this time. I know that I have a lot of increased pain for the past year now - but there is no sign of any progression - so I tend to think I have been fortunate not to have had a lot of pain for several of those years.

I hope you stay stable for a long time to come as well.

Dawn
xx

That’s great news muddy! I was diagnosed with bone mets in 2003 and since then I’ve had many years in remission, thanks to good responses to treatment. I’m in remission at the moment, have been since early summer 2008. Like you I’m still stage 4 and very realistic but it’s still good to be able to share good news. Belinda…x

I am so pleased to hear your news I bet you may all be doing some celebrating this weekend.
Love Debsxxx

Great stuff muddy - I am very happy for you, and as Debs says I’m sure you should take this opportunity to crack open a bottle or two.

Brilliant news Muddy, I’m so pleased for you. Relax and savour this good news - long may it continue.

Love

Linda

Brilliant news Muddy xx

Great to hear :slight_smile: enjoy your weekend! :slight_smile:

Hi Muddy,
That fantastic news.
Really pleased for you.
Yes you must celebrate!!!

Best wishes
Tess.X

Hi Muddy, I am new to this site but want to wish you well. I started on Pamidronate in 2000, then Bondrinate ( tablets) and am currently on Zolidronate. I just wish to let you know that all these new drugs have allowed me to have a good quality of life. I thought my life was going to be cut short but it is 20 years since I was first dianosed with breast cancer (mastectomy, chemo reconstruction) and 10 years since the spread to my bones. Hope you continue to keep well too.

only joined this site 2 days ago ,but wanted to say glad to hear your good news ,and long may in continue !! keep well xx