Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the waiting room!

34 REPLIES 34
Woozy

Re: In the waiting room!

Hi Belinda,
I know what you mean...the fridge has had an extra clean, all the ironing is (quite out of character I can assure you) all done and put away! I feel I am being nicer to people and taking the time to enjoy things.
This part of the waiting game I hope I never forget! The rest I am happy to live without.
Thank you for your kind, encouraging words and I am really pleased that your results went the way that they did.
I will keep you informed.
Xx
Belinda165

Hi woozy

Totally agree you can be sure you're not alone - I got through the wait for my results without cracking up because i had such amazing support from the guys in this waiting room

My ultrasound result was graded a 3 too and i cant explain the relief when a week later the results of the core biopsy found no evidence of disease . I have my fingers crossed your result will be the same. The waiting game is tough but please take the great advice I was given on here about focussing on now , not the past or the future - be kind to yourself , keep your mind busy and occupied - I made bunting for my daughters bedroom that I'd been promising to do for ever ! Take care xx
Woozy

Hello everyone,
I am really quite touched by the amount of support and friendship that is on this site. I am in "the waiting room" too, we are all in the same boat which in itself is comforting. I had a vacuum assisted biopsy on a suspicious area of calcifications on Tuesday after a core biopsy came back inconclusive. I have to wait until the 3rd of March to know what these are..the radiographer graded them 3 which I am told is good but I can't help thinking about what might be around the corner.
Just reading all the comments on this site has made me realise that, whatever, we are not in this on our own!
Thank you for all being out here and very best wishes to all of you!
Sarah16

Sorry not been on for a few days. Just had a call today. After discussing at their meeting, they are going to biopsy both FA. Am pleased with that as will (hopefully) finally get peace of mind. App on weds. Thanks again for all the support xx
Belinda165

Pleased nothing nasty found on your biopsy . CAn understand your worries and if it was me I would probably look for a second opinion if your health insurance covers it - just to put your mind at rest and give you some closure. Xxx
Sarah16

Hi Belinda
Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Well have just got back and the good news us the lump they biopsied us benign, just normal breast tissue (although an obvious lump).
It was a different consultant from who I saw last week. I asked about the fibroadenoma's ( previous one and suspected new one) and said I was concerned that neither had been biopsied. He said he will discuss this at his meeting this afternoon as to whether they'll biopsy them or not and that he will write to me. I asked about the possibility of having them removed and he said no we just leave them as there will be external and internal scarring which would make future mammograms hard to read?
They were running very late and I felt like I was being rushed. Now I don't know if I'm getting further biopsies or not. I should feel elated but I just feel so drained and still unsure. How certain can they be that these are just FA from ultrasound only?
Is it worth using my private health insurance to get a second opinion if they don't do further biopsy or would they just think I was a time waster as already been NHS? Just wanted peace of mind today and really don't feel I've got it xx
Belinda165

Hi Sarah

Will be thinking if you tomorrow and have everything crossed for good news . It's horrible to leave with nagging doubts in tiur head so you are definitely doing the right thing by asking lots if questions - I'm exactly the same ! Take care xxx
lorose

Hi Hadders,

Sorry to hear your news. You took the time out to reply to me when I was waiting for results the first time round, and it really helped. So,I wanted to offer support to you. You sound positive and I hope that helps you at this time. I am still in the "waiting room", as one of the lumps they discovered the first time around seemed suspicious, and so had further biopsies, I get those results tomorrow.

Best Wishes

Lorose x 

Sarah16

Thank you Laura.

I have written a few things down and my husband is coming too. I keep telling myself to be assertive!!
Hope all is ok with you. I know we're never alone with this site. It has taught me so much and the support is fantastic. Thanks again. Sarah xx
pippadog

Hi Sarah

As everybody else has stated, I would go back Wednesday with pencil and paper and reiterate your concerns with the consultant. I also had a biopsy done, which first they wanted to do again and now they feel is benign. However, they will be checking on me again in July. I can well understand your confusion. Your mind is racing with fears, doubts and concerns. The last thing we all need with this is one person telling  us one thing and somebody else telling us something else.

If I was you, I would write all my questions down now. Go on Wednesday ask all the questions, write down the answers or even better make sure someones with you. Also make sure you question the consultant about that other area. The main thing is your peace of mind.

Big hugs matey. I know exactly how you are feeling.  

Love

Laura

xx

Sarah16

Thanks. I'll definitely talk to the consultant on weds. Haven't slept all night, partly worry, partly sore boob!!
I'll wait and see what the outcome of the biopsy is ( hope the radiographer was right, that it didn't look sinister). I'll ask about getting the suspected FA removed as I know I'll never be happy with something that's not been tested inside me after reading about so many that have been misdiagnosed and that terrifies me and makes me more angry that it wasn't tested. Just feeling stressed and upset.
Sorry to keep rambling about this. My issues by the looks of it are minor compared to a lot of people on here and I'm so so grateful for all the support and kindness, thank you xx
hadders

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The support is very much appreciated.

xx

Sarah - sorry to hear that today has left you feeling confused and uncertain.  If you are worried you should ask about it when you go for your results - and keep asking until you feel reassured.  My understanding is that your GP is sent a copy of the report so may be able to address some of your concerns too.  Wishing you well xx

Sarah16

Hi sylviah

I know you're right. I will definitely write all my concerns down and question things. I don't know why, but whenever I see medical professionals I just seem to take everything they say as gospel and don't ask the questions I should!! I really really need to be more assertive!
I know I should be relieved that the radiologist was almost certain the lump I presented with looked ok but it's really playing on my mind about the fibroadenoma diagnosis without any testing. I know they are most common in women in their 20's. I'm 37 now. I was in my late 20's when my last one was diagnosed and now I think of it that was only diagnosed with ultrasound and no biopsy. It's just the more I read about them on here, the more I've read about people being misdiagnosed ( although I'm sure the one I've had for eight years would have presented itself as something by now if it was a misdiagnosis?) and it really worries me.
I have gone through the NHS for this as with breast conditions they are really quick with appointments. I do have private cover through my work and am wondering weather to/ if I'm able to take this route for second opinion if needs be?
I have my consultant appointment on weds, so will give myself a good talk on assertiveness before then. Sarah xx
sylviah

Sarah, you have every right to ask about things that are to do with your body. You must be booked in with a consultant for the results? Write all of it down so that you remember what you have to say. I personally think you must get all clarified, otherwise you won't have peace of mind. I would also make an appt with you GP to go through it with them aswell.

Sylvia

Sarah16

Hi

Well went for my core biopsy today and have come away feeling slightly confused!!
As I mentioned earlier the radiologist didn't seem too concerned about the lump I had found ( mentioning possible fat necrosis ) but seemed more interested in another lump found on the ultrasound which she said looked like a fibroadenoma but when she looked at a fibroadenoma I've had in other breast for last eight years she said it looked different and should be biopsied. When saw consultant he said the same.
However, today (a different radiologist) did the biopsy on the original lump I went in with. He had trouble finding it on the ultrasound but said it doesn't look like anything bad at all, he thinks it's just dense tissue and he took three samples from it. I said I thought it was the other lump (the 'suspected' fibroadenoma ) that was getting biopsied and he said no that's definitely a fibroadenoma. That's what's on the notes to check. I didn't question it further!!
I'm just now concerned as I was almost positive they were checking the other lump to make sure. How can they tell without testing it if that's exactly what it is? I go for my results appointment on weds ( although today was told they prob won't be ready by then). Am I within my rights to ask that the suspect FA be tested? Or can I ask that this be removed? And also if they say yes to removal do you think the one I've had in other breast for several years could be removed too?
Sorry for the long rambling, just feeling a bit confused!! Sarah xx
Sarah16

So sorry hadders that you didn't get the all clear. It's good that your positive though and with it being small you'll soon be on the road to recovery and you have the support of all the lovely people on here Xx
I agree Belinda, everyone on this site is so friendly. I've learnt so much and it's good to know that we're not alone in any of this.
Once again thank you all for your kind thoughts. Will be hoping tomorrow is over quickly and Wednesday is soon here as this not knowing is driving me mad!! Xx
sylviah

Hadders, come and join us on the thread "here we go again, need someone to talk some sense into me" You'll be very welcome and you can sound off to me and the others as much as you want. Your result sounds similar to mine, so you may be having a similar experience to me. 

Speak soon on that thread and keep that chin firmly up. xx

Sylvia

Belinda165

Hadders - I've been thinking of you all day , so sorry it wasn't better news . You sound positive and strong and it's good that its only small . I know you will get lots of support on here and at least know you know what you are dealing with . Poems galore and Sarah thanks again - the support on this site us truly amazing and if there is a good thing to come out of this experience its meeting (albeit in a virtual way 🙂 ) lovely people like you guys , take care xxxx

hadders

Belinda - excellent news, really pleased to hear that.

thank you everyone for your good wishes.  Unfortunately, my news isn't the best - it is a cancer, but it is small and oestrogen + so not the worst news.  The staff at the clinic were lovely and I am in a positive frame of mind.  

Sarah - will be thinking of you tomorrow.  

Hadders x

poemsgalore

Belinda, that is excellent news, the kind we love to hear.

Sarah16, sending hugs and best wishes for tomorrow, I hope all goes well.

hadders, you have hopefully got your news by now. I hope it is better than expected.

Bless you all. poemsgalore xxx

Sarah16

Aww Belinda that is fantastic news, what a relief! You should enjoy a nice large glass of something tonight!!!

Dreading tomorrow as hate needles....and waiting!! Been doing a big spring clean to keep my mind off it all. Quite therapeutic and definitely a good distraction.

Hadders - really hope it's good news for you too.

Thanks again for your good wishes xx
Belinda165

It's good news! No evidence disease, explained just normal changes in fibrous tissue - I can't begin to explain how I feel or grateful I am to get this news.

Thank you so much Sarah and hadders for your support . Hadders I truly hope you get good news too , Sarah , will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending you positive thoughts so you get the right results too . Big hugs and thanks again xxxxx
Belinda165

Thanks so much Sarah - hadders thinking of you too xxxxx
Sarah16

Morning Belinda and hadders

Will be thinking if you both today. Hugs.
Sarah x
Belinda165

Morning ladies

Better start to today-focussing on the present not the past or the future us a good tip from others on the forum ! It was a good decision to use my leave and take this week off work - if I feel the need to cry or rant I can and not bottle up my feelings - also means I get to keep myself busy with stuff I enjoy but never make time to do! Have a lovely day xxx
Sarah16

Hi Belinda and hadders.
Looks like we are all in the same boat. I've been told I'll get my results on Wed 12th after going for the biopsy this fri.
Going to take the dog out then going to sort the kids old clothes out. Keeping busy!!
I'll see what they say about going to work just after the biopsy, but I may just try and work through any pain.
I will be thinking about you both on Thursday and will keep everything crossed that all is ok.
Take care xx
hadders

Also, like Belinda, I had core biopsy after inconclusive scan.  The nurse explained everything fully and I barely felt a thing.  Was quite bruised for a few days afterwards, but not too painful.  I work with children and was slightly anxious about going back to work the next day, but was fine.  Might be a good idea to ask when you have it done though as you say you do heavy lifting.  Hope it all goes ok - will be thinking of you xx

hadders

Hi Belinda and Sarah - I am with you in this waiting room and have found the support on here has really helped to get me through.  I get my results on Thursday and am counting down the hours now.

Really hope you get good news

And Poemsgalore - us 'waiters' really do appreciate you and the other ladies who have been through this stage coming back to post messages of support and encouragement. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you xx

Belinda165

Hi Sarah

Completely agree - finding this forum has really helped at such a horrible time. I get the results on Thursday morning , to say in terrified doesn't come close but I know worrying wont change the outcome . Knowing I can come on here to share my thoughts with people in a similar situation makes me feel less alone and gives me strength to get through this awful wait . Take care , hope you get good news too xxx
Sarah16

Hi Belinda
It's awful isn't it the not knowing. I really do think it helps coming on here. There are so many inspirational people on here.
Do you have much longer to wait for your results? Xx
Belinda165

Hi Sarah

Completely understand where you're coming from I had a mammogram and ultrasound on Thursday - expecting to be told everything fine . Instead the radiologist said my lump was indeterminate and did a core biopsy there a d then . Think I'm still coming to terms with the shock and just like you I'm constantly on the site , trying to stay calm and take the advice from the lovely people on here.
My experience with the core biopsy was ok - told to take it easy for 24 hours and I have a bruised boob but other than that it was fine - hope that helps. Take care xxx
Sarah16

Will also take your advice about keeping busy to take my mind off it. Have been meaning to go through the kids drawers and sort out all their outgrown clothes for a while!! Lol! X
Sarah16

Hi pormsgalore

Thank you.
I will certainly have a look at the link you have posted. I find myself constantly on this site at the moment. It is comforting to know we're not alone.
It is an awful wait. I was really hoping that I was going to find everything out today, and have now got another 10 days to go until I know the results.
I feel really awful as haven't told my mum about any of this. She's such a worrier and I don't want to worry her unnecessarily. It's only my husband and a couple of close friends who know, but I feel so guilty not saying anything.
Was also wondering about the core biopsy. Will I be in pain for a while afterwards? I'm just worried as I'm at work less than 48hours after and my job is quite physical and involves a lot of lifting etc.
Thank you again for taking the time to reply to me. I appreciate hearing from others who know what it's like to go through this.
Sarah x
poemsgalore

Hi Sarah,

I am so sorry you are having this worry right now. The waiting room is the worst place to be, as you have no real answers and all the possibilities keep going round and round in your head. Try to fill your time doing things you really, really enjoy. Reading a good book, watching a good movie, anything to try and distract yourself. Unfortunately the weather isn't very good either, so a nice country walk is out of the question. Perhaps you could read some posts in this thread:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hope-and-inspiration/bd-p/4524

where those of us who have undergone treatment and are at various stages of being NED (no evidence of disease) post our good news messages. It might help to show you there is light at the end of this awful tunnel you are currently in. Sending big hugs and best wishes.

poemsgalore xx

Sarah16

In the waiting room!

Hi
I've just been to the breast clinic this morning after being referred by my GP because of a lump I found in December ( but only went to docs a couple of weeks ago).
I had a mammogram then an ultrasound. The radiographer didn't seem too concerned about the lump I had found, saying that it looked like fat narcosis. However, she found a smaller pea size lump in the same breast which she spent a long time looking at. She said it looked initially like a fibroadenoma, but when she compared it to one I've had on my other breast for several years she said it looked different?
Next, I saw the consultant who had a good feel and said although he doesn't think it's anything sinister he wants to do an ultrasound guided core biopsy.
I have to go in on Friday for this, then have to wait a further 5 days for the results. Feeling more and more anxious now. This waiting is awful. Sarah x