Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the wilderness

5 REPLIES 5
cb102

Re: In the wilderness

Hi Scamp

I can understand your anxiety, like the other folks say, good luck for Friday.

I certainly do not want to trivialise the lumpectomy but having experienced one I can say that the recovery time and process was better than I expected. The drains were not in as long as I had been told and I was home on the third day. And yes I agree that once treatment starts things do get better as there is a sense of purpose to all the treatment.

I have always looked on my cancer as being 'my little inconvenience' as I have an active work and social life.

All the very best

Carol

horace

Good Luck Scamp,try not to be too scared of the op,just remember its the most important step in getting rid of the cancer.Once you have started treatment you wont be as lost I promise!

jackx

Hi Scamp

Sorry to read that you've joined us on this site. I know it's hard to keep calm when you're waiting, and when people tell you to keep busy to keep your mind off things you feel like screeming at them, but I found it was the best thing for me. I was dx on 4th Dec and had to wait until Jan 4th for my op. Me and my OH decided to decorate our bedroom over Xmas, so I was kept busy, we even went out sale shopping for new bedroom furniture so I would have something to look forward to.

I felt much calmer when I got to hospital and everything started happening, everyone was so kind and caring that I was put at ease. It was my first ever op and wasn't looking forward to being put out, but again I had no need to worry, I couldn't believe it was over when I woke up and I only had minimal pain.

Good luck for Fri I do hope it all goes ok for you. I will be thinking of you. Please let me know how things went when you feel up to it.

Love and best wishes

Jackie xxx

Debra42

Hi Scamp

I had a lumpectomy on the 10 January 2008, I was in hospital for one night, I was in no pain just a little uncomfortable were they had taken out 5 nodes, I known its easy said than done but try not to worry about the operation as lots on here will tell you its not as bad as you think it is going to be. I had been on a health kick before my dx but decided that I would eat what I wanted before my op and treated myself to some indulgence.

Debra

bustup

Just think of it as getting rid of the gremlin. Better out than in. Thats what i am telling myself. My opp for left side mastectomy a week on Friday. I, and many others will be tinking of you. Good luck and best wishes Maz xx

scamp34

In the wilderness

I am having a lumpectomy on Friday and getting more uptight by the minute.

Any suggestions to keep myself calm and feel more in control.

Being new to this I hope I can get some help from someone out there.

Regards
Scamp