Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incision after surgery

2 REPLIES 2
hopeful123

Re: Incision after surgery

Hi KittyKat,

I did call my breast health nurse.  She told me is sounded like a typical fluid leakage.  I go to see the surgeon on tuesday, doesnt appear to be infected (not green or any puss or redness) so I am going to leave it until then.  I shower every day so it does get wet a lot, but I do my best to towel dry it afterwards.

thanks for the response!!

KittyKat7982

Re: Incision after surgery

Hiya hun, I had that too. You should probably phone your breast care nurse, or go to a wound clinic if you have one near by and are worried.

I was told by my nurse friend to keep the steri strips on until they become dry, crusty and fall off naturally. I took mine off too early, so bought some to put back on. Keep it as dry as you can, even in the bath. Once I did all this, they dried out and closed up x
hopeful123

Incision after surgery

Hi all,

Just curious about how people's incisions healed after surgery.  I had a lumpectomy on Dec 5th, and the incision on my breast is still not completely closed.  My tumor was directly below my nipple. The part of my incision that is directly under my nipple is still open a bit requiring steri-strips to be on.  It is leaking a bit of yellow fluid. 

Anyone else have this happen as well???