Thank you for your support, I went for the MRI today, it was horrid. I dont like confine spaces and being a large lady it was very tight which induced a panic attacked so the MRI was not carried out. I was told to phone the breast nurse and they told me they cant get me an appointment until may. So i have decided to use my private health care and get seen sooner, im just waiting for them to call with an appointment. I am sure everthing is going to be fine I just need an answer sooner rather than later.
I felt the same and didn't want to drop this on them unless I had to, I had my first annual mammogram yesterday and haven't told my boys, hopefully will get the all clear in a few days and give them the good news, can't stand to have them worrying about me again xx
Thank you so much for your resonse. Its a terrifying time, but dont want to tell people and worry them for no reason, my children are all teenagers but dont think i could bring myself to upset them. I suppose I will just have to wait. Once agin thank you for your support
Hi Steph, I'm sorry you've been left in limbo, an MRI can be more accurate in picking up certain things that can't be seen on other imaging, younger breast tissue can be dense which makes mammograms harder to read, I know it's awful to still be waiting on a definite answer but hang in there and hopefully they will get back to you soon, it's always easier to share your anxiety with someone rather than try and struggle on alone, I would say it depends on your children's ages, mine are in there 20's but we still didn't tell them until I knew for sure but I had support from my husband and a few close friends, I certainly couldn't have gone through the waiting period alone xx Jo
Hello all, I am new to this sight so please be gentle with me. I am a 37 year old women
I recently was referered to the breast clinic as I have a indent in my right brest which is highly visable when I raise my arm.
I attended the clinic on friday and had a mamogramm and an ultra sound. Both came back clear. However the concsultant sid he would like to discuss with his collegues if i should have a MRI. Is this normal? He sad he would contact me within two week. The waiting is unbearable. I have not as yet discussed this with any of my family, do I? and what do I tell them. I have six children do i tell them anything or do I wait until I know more?