cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indent in left breast

4 REPLIES 4
Kerry72

Re: Indent in left breast

Go back to a different doctor hun, and make your voice heard, I've been referred on two occasions after mammograms and both times ive been seen within 14 days, 3 months is ridiculous, ive an appointment on the 9th regarding calcification, hoping and praying everything's ok, I understand your worries, this is a dab forum to seek reassurance and advice, good luck x
cass79

Oh this makes me so angry. I'm 36 and was told it was "impossible" that I had cancer by my GP who didn't send off a referral for me. I went back to see a different doctor a few weeks later who put through an urgent referral and I was seen 2 weeks later. Unfortunately mine did turn out to be cancer, but chances are yours won't. Push them as much as you can if you haven't heard in 2 weeks. I'm still waiting for an apology from my doctor... Xx

Kess

I would be surprised if you have to wait that long if its marked urgent. Age does mean that you have a much lower cancer risk, but an urgent referral should be an urgent referral. I would keep an eye on it and if it changes at all, go back to your GP. In the meantime if you havent heard anything after a couple of weeks, chase it up. sorry you have this worry and really hoping its nothing.
Sam_BCC

Hi worried_jen

I'm sorry to read you're having such a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their support do give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your thoughts and feelings with a memeber of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator   

Worried_jen

Indent in left breast

hi all, I'm wondering if you have any advice for coping with a wait. I have a definite indentation in my left breast that the doctor saw today and agreed with me was definitely there. She also suggested that my left breast felt 'fuller' and definitely was not the same as the right. I'm concerned because she said that because I have no lump, no discharge and I'm only 29 I could have to wait up to 3 months for an appointment from the screening clinic. The doctor said that even though she marked me as urgent id get put to the bottom of the pile. Is there any way in can push myself up the list? Or do you all think I'm overreacting? Sorry to trouble you, I just dont know what I'm supposed to do for the next few months!