71.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indentation in breast. Anyone experienced similar?

3 REPLIES 3
Deelyfr

Re: Indentation in breast. Anyone experienced similar?

Thankyou for your responses saffron seed and mel66. I feel a little more confident it will be ok (fingers crossed) Monday can't come soon enough. X
Mel66

My BC presented itself as a dimple/indentation in my left breast. I was referred to the Breast Clinic for mammograms, the results of which then led to ultrasound and core biopsies and two tumours were detected. Unfortunately for me this meant mastectomy & further treatments.

However a close friend of mine took her indentation off to visit the Breast Clinic, after my diagnosis scared her into finally getting it checked, had the mammogram and came away with the all clear so don't think that all cases of dimples are BC. In the interim period between GP and Breast Clinic she was scared witless as I'm sure you are. Just hold onto the fact that in the majority of cases it turns out to be nothing to worry about. x
saffronseed

Yes I had a slight indentation in my breast but could feel a lumpy bit too.  I went to GP who referred me to the Breast Clinic for further tests.   There they did an ultra sound scan and a core biopsy of the area - unfortunately for me it was cancer and i subsequently had to have Mastectomy and treament - that was over 5  years ago now.   You have done the right thing going to the docs and 90% of ladies presenting abnormal changes are beign changes in breast so fingers crossed it is nothing but the sooner you get it checked the better - good luck with your appt x

Deelyfr

Indentation in breast. Anyone experienced similar?

Hi. I have a large indentation in my right breast. It's been there approx a month and I'm seeing the dr next week (I initially thought would go on it's own) has anyone else dealt with something like this? If so what was it and what line of investigation did our go take?
Thanks.