Indentation in breast

Hi im 42yrs old and been on hrt for about a year n half found a small dint in my breast a few weeks ago went to gp who has referred me to hospital iv found a lump at the side of my breast tonight my breast feels achey and heavy im scared any advise please

Hi Pink,it’s very very scary when you find a lump or anything other changes ,but most breast lumps /changes are not cancer .Look at some of the other threads in this section of the site and you will see time after time women reporting back that other breast conditions were responsible for their symptoms .You do need to get this checked out though ,I know it’s scary but you won’t be able to relax until you have some explanation /reassurance .Good luck .Jill.

Thanks will be glad when i get my appointment my breast is slightly bigger than my other and seems heavier im just a worrier i no its possible be nothing i had cyst diagnosed last year so hopefull its just them again xx

Good chance it is nothing to worry about ,but you can’t help be anxious .When is your appointment?

They are going to ring me before thursday with my date and time i just hate the waiting iv told my husband n hes been positive n supportive and told me not to worry i had major surgery in january for endo and i thought that was it now this x

Unfortunately life seems to be like that sometimes ,just get one worry out of the way and another comes along.They are supposed to see you within 2 weeks at the breast clinic ,still seems like a very long time though.

Saw gp friday phoned appointments today just said not sorted throw refferals from friday didnt help it been a bank holiday so think it will be some point nxt week a long wait to worry and over think everything xx

Try and keep busy and not research too much.Every case is very individual and you can’t really second guess what is going on without further investigation .

Ps there are many of us on this site who have been successfully treated for breast cancer and getting on with our lives again,so even if the worst should happen there is a good chance it can be beaten.

Im trying to but easier said than done thanks for messaging i appreciate it x

Thankyou i will and thanks for the advice im worse when on my own so going to keep busy xx

Got my appointment for breast clinic friday 13 th what a lovely date to be going there xx

Hopefully lucky 13 on this occasion !!

Well had my appointment and all was fine nothing to worry about so discharged back to gp.
However when the doctor was examining me he discovered my thyroid is enlarged so now having blood test for that and have an appointment with ent now.