cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Markings Come Off! Advice, Please

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Ink Markings Come Off! Advice, Please

Had my 4th one today the weekend was crap wmachine broke down flooded kitchen need new floor and machine nightmare fitting everything in between op ointments 12to go best of luck to all of you we will come out of the other end soon xxxx
Highlighted

Thanks everyone for your excellent advice & shared experiences. After 6 sessions I'm calming down a bit now - but still have to keep my eyes tightly closed & focus on some sort of relaxing image (thanks for that advice too!) Love to you all.

Highlighted

Hi jag3, I am a bit like you claustrophobic.the table you layed on wasn't exactly comfortable.my neck was the worst has I have arthritis in it,I start my rads next Monday.pleased I am starting my treatment.best of luck with yours x

Highlighted

This has happened to me one of dots has gone iam using simple soap shampoo cannot do more than that also use simple roll on xx
Highlighted

Hi Jag3

I finished my radiotherapy in June and I can fully understand how you are feeling.

I was very stressed with my first few sessions but after you've had 4 or 5 you should start to get used to it.

I found it was best to just try and relax and let the operators move you to the right position.  Also, try and zone out, close your eyes and try to imagine you are on the beach sunbathing.

Also don't forget to drink plenty of water 

Best wishes

Jaye

Highlighted

Thanks Sue, It's reassuring to hear from others. Have you finished radiotherapy now & did you get used to lying still? I'm a terrible fidget & can't bear lying there. I feel as though I want to jump off the table & run off - although it's all absolutely fine really. So silly!

Highlighted

Don't panic, no problem! 🙂 my techs kept marking and remarking me with SHARPIES! If I got sweaty, off they'd come. And knowing how anxious, (read panicky) I was, they kept reassuring me not a problem if they came off! I got placement X-rays twice each week and the red laser lines were adjusted by the linear accelerator and dosimetrist accordingly. I was told that after the first treatments, most pts relaxed and their position under the machine had to be adjusted accordingly. I only have two tiny black dot permanent tattoos, one just to the left of my and abit up from my cleavage, and one mid bra line under my arm.
Highlighted

Thanks Kess. Just a minor panic. I'm claustrophobic & hate lying on that table. I'm just hoping that I get used to it!

Highlighted

it should only be the tattoos they need if you had them done, the rest were just lining up (or they were for me)
Highlighted

Ink Markings Come Off! Advice, Please

Hi. I've had two sessions of radiotherapy & have had tattoo markings - plus some "permanent" ink markings. The ink has just disappeared today. I showered, in for two minutes, no scrubbing nor rubbing, simple soap & the ink has completely vanished. I'm due for my 3rd treatment tomorrow. Does anyone know what happens? Is it ages of fiddling about again? Thanks!