Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insomnia

12 REPLIES 12
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Insomnia

Morning

Yes I slept last night, ironically without the aid of the Nytol that I had bought but the only annoying was I couldn't sleep in this morning as hubby was up early for his journey down south. I shall go for a walk today and look forward to another good night. Hopefully I'll be ok but at least I have some pills if I find myself struggling to drop off!

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all
there was a good insomnia thread a while back & someone suggested phenergan - works like a dream
no, it does, honest - just that i haven't had any tonight!

myrtleju

I have probs sleeping as in getting to sleep ...go to sleep.. look at clock ....half hour later..then I am awake now this may sound silly but it helps me.......its a bit like counting sheep but differant..........Girls names start with A continue throught alprabet.if you not asleep try boys names and if you really desperate try flowers.fruit and veg animals works for me

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
Im often awake in the middle of the night. Go off okay and then wake about 2am,with allsorts going on in my mind, eventually I will get up, make a cup of hot milk and watch abit of trashy tv.
At some point I'll go back to bed and go off again. I did get some tablets from the Dr because i was exhausted and emotional. However havent been able to take them since my latest op because of the pain killers im on, they were knocking me out anyway.
As you pass each step hopefully sleep will become more normal ( I hope so)

Love Gill xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just back from a stroll around the shops and have some Nytol from Boots ready for a good night tonight although it will be my last one with hubby for a while as he works away during the week and won't be back until the day of my op. I'm sure I'll sleep better tonight. Just read a post from a lady who still has just one boob after four years and she sounds pretty upbeat so I'm going for that sort of attitude! Can't wait to get back playing with my band again so I'll be up and about again before long.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Twinky x x

tommyticklemou

i had trouble sleeping first few weeks after dx. it is now not as bad. i used to get off to sleep ok but then would wake at 2 or 3 am. then i would be dropping off and waking up after that until morning. my bcn said it was down to anxiety. she suggested seeing GP for some mild antidepressants which would help me with this.

i have seen GP and he has gave me something but i havent taken any but it has calmed down a lot now anyway. i have bad nights if i have a hospital appointment next day or sumat which i suppose will be expected.

things take time and with your op coming up its to be expected your mind will be in overdrive. not very helpful, but things will get better. i sometimes go for a walk late evening about ten with OH and dont have any caffinated drinks late on tea or coffee.

lots of hug TTM xxx

mollie43

sorry meant to say 27th a week on friday x i feel the same as you not ready to think about it yet maybe next week.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debbie (Molly43).... bit confused by your maths....if your op is 17th Jan then I make it 2 days from today not 11! Am trying not to cat nap at all today and together with the tablets hoping for a better night. Not like me at all not to sleep but I guess my body is just going through the motions of mentally preparing me for the op. have no idea how I shall feel afterwards with just one boob. I'm quite a tough cookie and usually upbeat so I hope I shallbe ok. I'll still be me afterwards, there'll just be a bit less if me...lol

Twinky x

mollie43

hi twinky68,you are not the only one out there.Iam finding it really hard to sleep, i fall asleep but wake up about 2 or 3am every night.I don't want to take tablets that i have been prescribed so i usally end up either reading or messing about on my phone.I only have 11 days till my mx and anc on 17th jan really scared.then on to chemo and rads. hope all is well debbie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Claire

Yes I usually end up watching some trashy tv and fall asleep on the sofa. Woke up sometime later during a re-run of Countdown. I will go and get some Nytol tablets from Boots today as I'm fighting a bad throat so really need my sleep at the moment. My MX is Thursday and feel like I've waited ages for it (was DX on 16th Dec).

I did hear an old wives tale about lettuce sandwiches being good just before bed lol!

Hugs

Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Twinky, I feel for you not sleeping, I actually got 6 hours in last night which was very rare and am going back after a nice cup of Tea.
I aways get up and go and do something rather than just lay there, but I am aware of then developing a pattern of distraction and then maybe I actually stay awake as I am up, either on the lappy or watching very nutty tv.
I'm on sleeping tablets too, but I think its the mindset you have to actually overcome with not sleeping and working through that awful frustration of when you can't sleep.
Mayb get up, make a T and then just relax and then make an attempt to go back. Theres nothing more frustrating than listening to someone else in the land of nod, especially with ssound effects!!!!!
Clare xxx

italia03

Hiya Twinky
i just grab a couple of hours when my body lets me now and i know what you mean when your mind can go into overdrive and you just lie there. Personaly i get up , might watch a bit of tv or go on my laptop see if anyone on the forum or i get my book out ,

i think if i just lie and keep trying to get back over my brain just wont let me so i get up

Hugs
Jackie
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Insomnia

Hi

Feel like I'm the only person in the world still awake but I'm sure I'm not. Usually pretty good at sleeping but it's starting to stop happening. All sorts of things going through my head (last weekend with two breast....weird stuff like that) so I'm not too surprised sleep eludes me for the second night in a row. Never sure if I should get up and be properly awake and do something or if just lying here is best? Don't really want to resort to tablets because I can feel pretty drowsy next morning but I'm not good if I don't get my 8 hours. What does everyone else do when they can't sleep? Got earphones in at the moment listening to some of my songs (also blocks put the sound of hubby snoring).

Twinky