Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview - explaining time off

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Interview - explaining time off

Hi,

I have been fortunate to have 2 informal interviews recently and I came right out and stated my needs / requirements due to my health. I was lucky in so much that i wasnt actively looking, but felt i could increase working hours. I have just accepted one of the jobs, and start in Jan. I feel they will care and am pleased this is known.

I do appreciate this is not the normal situation, and for me i felt i had.nothing to lose.

Good luck with your hunt x x
Highlighted

Hi there, I would be interested to hear people's thoughts too as I have an interview for a new job next week and not sure at what point its best to raise my health or sickness record.  I was initially diagnosed in August 2013 and then had a recurrence in January 2015 so over the last 2 years have had quite a bit of time off with surgery and chemo, though I did work shorter hours through chemo.  I had no other time off sick but they won't know this if they just get a reference saying I had x days off.  Not sure how to deal with it.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted

Hi Riversidedawn

We have some helpful information regarding Breast cancer and employment. Also, please do give our Support line a call.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Highlighted

Interview - explaining time off

I was made redundant during chemo back in March. Now just beginning to dangle a toe in the water of job hunting. I know redundancy is a legitimate reason for being off and an employer can't ask health questions before a job is offered, but any tips on discussing this?