Invasive Micropapillary breast cancer

Hi

I have recently reread my pathology report and noticed that instead of it saying that i had IDC which is what i thought i had it in fact says that my cancer is Invasive Micropapillary breast cancer. I have ‘googled’ this and really can’t find out much info. Just wondered if anyone knows anything about this type.

Thanks
Gina

just bumping and wondering if anyone has any info

Thanks

Hi Gina,

I did a bit of googling too - it always fascinates me when I read of something I haven’t come across before (ghoulish?)but trouble is when it is your problem and not mine how much do I say of what I read? So I read back through your posts and have to say I was relieved to read that you had all your axilla lymph nodes removed. It seems that IMC is relatively rare and appears very often to have lymphatic implication - so now you know why I was relieved and am typing this here. It just shows how very varied breast cancer is and how much more there is to be discovered.

Dawn
xx

Hi Gina

As well as the support you receive from the other users you may find the BCC booklet, ‘understanding your pathology report’ helpful. This booklet should help you to understand your tissue results and explains a little about the different types of breast cancer. If you would like a copy just follow the link below:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/pathology___feb_08_0.
pdf

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Gina - i was going to suggest giving the helpline or your bcn a ring as i think this is a very rare type of cancer… i did find this article - not sure if you found it as well…

medscape.com/viewarticle/480905

Theresa

Thanks rhapsodyangel and Dawn for your advice.

Gina x

Hi pepper,hope you are coping ok? Hope you don’t mind my posting you but I too have IMicropapillary. Still don,t know too much about it other than it is quite rare in younger women (I’m 39 but you look lots younger than me!). I was diagnosed 20/5/09 and had full masectomy and full auxillary clearance.6 cm tumor and 3/10 nodes affected. Just had 3rd chemo on Wednesday and start on 1st of 3 taxotere in 2 weeks then radiotherapy then tamoxifen. Onc says they’re hitting me with everything but they seem pretty confident so just riding the storm! Apparently even tho it is a very unusual cancer it still can act and react like a ‘normal’ IDC. If you have started your treatment, keep strong, we can beat this! Take care Deborah xxx