Invasive papillary breast cancer.

This was diagnosed last Tuesday, and saw the surgeon and breast care sister on Thursday.

The ultra sound showed nothing in my armpit.  I am also ER+

I was offered lumpectomy with 3 weeks of radiation treatment or a mastectomy with no further treatment if the lymph nodes are clear.

I am due an assessment on 26th September pre surgery, which is scheduled for early October.

I (think!) will opt for a mastectomy.

I have been talking with my husband about this and he agrees it is the best option.

I am quite positive, but some days just can’t believe this is happening!

I hope I can meet friends here :slight_smile:

Hi cyfrin and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to further information and support from BCC:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-can…

Take care
Lucy BCC

The time is going so slowly :frowning:

_ Hi again _

_ I had a mastectomy on 13/10/14 with a sentinal lymph node biopsy.  I am still awaiting those results. _

_ As I had reconstruction at the time I have 70+ staples and a sore arm pit, plus a drain!  I have been feeling exhausted and frustrated but slowly feeling better. _

I’ll be back soon with results of the biopsy.  Fingers crossed it’s all clear :slight_smile: