cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverness / Highland

44 REPLIES 44
Josie11

Re: Inverness / Highland

Hi there, is there anyone around going through treatment in the Inverness area?
I've just started chemo 😀
3network3

bump

Guest user
Not applicable

Bump!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
I'm up in Caithness and was diagnosed 5 weeks ago. I had my op last wed and am waiting for my lymph node results. Already been told I'll have chemo and radiotheraphy so guess this is really just the beginning.
Raonaid I live in Watten so not that far from you. I do hope your getting through the chemo ok, big hugs x
raonaid

Hi B40 where in Sutherland I live in Reay which is west Caithness and work in Bettyhill. Had my op in August and started Chemo in October.

3network3

bump again 🙂

3network3

bump

3network3

I had my last rads today, so that's the active treatment finished except Herceptin. I spoke to a lady who has rads just now and told her about our meet up sometime, she gave me her number and would be interested as well. She's in Dingwall.

Any date suggestions anybody? Mid-week or saturdays? I probably prefer mid week just now as thethree next saturdays I'm busy and then I'm away for a week.

Ch xx

3network3

If weekend than Saturday would be best for me.
Christine

cally

Hi ladies

Alaana..great news that you have finished rads , and Christine , wont be long before you are finished too.
Would a Saturday be best for us as Christine will be having rads Mon- Fri?
Sue

3network3

Hi All
A meeting soon would be great. I had rads planning and just wait for treatment to begin, hopefully soon! I'm feeling a lot better, chemo SE's are def wearing off.
Christine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon to you all.
Glad to report that I finished my rads last Wednesday. Feeling rather tired and exhausted and have a bit of bother with the skin just under my armpit but delighted to be home. No hospital app. until the 9th July so getting a bit to time to myself. Sue, a meeting would be great as it is so much nicer to put a face to a name. You all take care for the time being.
Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
cally

Hi girls
Hope you are all doing well.Shall we try and arrange a get together in the next few weeks?sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon Ladies, I see there are still some issues with this new format. Hope you are all feeling okay and had a nice weekend. I am off to Clan again this evening until Wednesday when I am finished with my rads - hooray. So far my skin is doing rather well, just starting to look like a slightly undercooked lobster. I had the most enjoyable time at Clan in Aberdeen. Honestly it is the most beautiful and peaceful place and everybody is just unbelievable nice and caring. Despite all of us having been affected by this horrid illness, either as patients or relatives, we had a lot of laughs. You all take good care of yourself and hope all the treatment is going to be kind to you next week. Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat xxxx
3network3

Great Alanaa to be finished with rads soon :). I go to rads planning tomorrow, slightly worried I don't get my arm into position, but shall see.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

finishing my rads on the 9th May (hooray) and have no probs coming to Inverness. Hope you are all doing fine and enjoy the sunshine.

Hugs from Alanaa

Off to Aberdeen this evening to stay at Clan for the week.

cally

Hello everyone

Alanaa its good to hear the rad are going well...they are very do-able just tiring.
Christine , good news that the tumour has responded to chemo. Keep going with the exercises. I found they helped me alot , esp when I developed cording.
Its an amazing day at this end of the valley...hope its a good one for you. I have just been out for a run so I am glowing! ( and hot and sweaty!)

Looking forward to our meet up. Alanna you will have to let us know when you are finished rads and if you can make it over to Inverness as that seems to be central.

Take care

sue xx

3network3

Hiya All

Alanaa, good rads are going well. I go for the planning app in a week today, Im busy doing my exercises, so I can get this arm up. Ich halte den Kopf so hoch wie's geht 🙂 most of the time I try.

Saw the surgeon today and he said tumour showed a significant response to chemo, although it didn't shrink the tumour, but they are happy with this. Seven nodes have been affected and he spoke to me about the prognosis, it's inflammatory BC, so that's not so good, but it's a grade 2. He is happy with the MX / ANC scar and thinks it heals very well, no seroma, just some normal puffiness which will take another 6-8 weeks to go down. He doesn't think I get a seroma now anywmore, which I'm very happy about.

So that's my news,

Christine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon to you all

Had my 7th rads session today in Aberdeen and so far so good - no damage to the skin to report yet. I am using Johnsons baby soap with honey and simple shower gel(as approved by the Radiotherapy dept). Could just not get used to the simple soap at all and I am still slapping on the Aqueous Cream.

Christine hope you have a lovely time with your mum and that you are feeling more at yourself after your op. Halte den Kopf hoch.

Hope you are all feeling okay despite the weather (snow on the hill tops again today) and that you have a pleasant weekend.

Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Christine,

Fingers crossed you have good results today Christine, hope your arm gets easier soon,

Cally hope you are doing well,
Take Care xxx B

cally

Hi Christine

Good to hear from you..I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear its all progressing well , albeit slowly. Hope the surgeon is positive tomorrow.
Let me know when your mum returns home and we will arrange a meet up. I think Elginquine and Alanaa were keen too.Hopefully the weather will be a wee bit warmer and dryer by then!!!!

Take care

sue x

3network3

Great news b40, all the best for your future 🙂

I slowly recover from the OP, the ANC is the nasty bit I think, I get my arm higher than last week, but it feels like surgeon put and left a steel plate above my wound. Still a bit puffy near the armpit black and blue above the scar. But altogether it doesn't look bad I would say. I go and see the surgeon at Raigmore tomorrow, will see what he says re path report and wound healing / movement.

A meet up would be great sometime, I have my mum here from Germany just now for another 2.5 weeks, but anytime after that would be fine.

Christine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
I hope yous are all doing well with your treatments, Christine i hope your arm is getting better xx

I just thought i would update as i had lab results they confirm its fibernoma but iam still going to try have it removed so i know its gone, I know its may sound daft compaired to what you's have been through but i think for peace of mind it would be best.

I cant Thank you's Ladies & the site enough for all the support & information i have recieved since the start of this journey.

I wish you's all a safe journey on your path's to recovery I will still check in to see how you's are doing .
Take good Care of yourself's Big Hugs & Thank You to all xxx B

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening Ladies

hope you are all doing okay with your treatments, tests etc.

Elginquine are you attending Inverness or ARI for your appointments. I am just outside Dufftown and have to travel to Aberdeen for all of my treatments.

Christine hope you are getting on fine after your op. I had my first rads session today and it was just fine. Please let me know if you have a meeting planned

Hugs to you all from

Alanaa and her Fat Cat xxx

cally

Fab news B40 :-))) So pleased for you. Take care and be kind to yourself..you have had a stressful time ( and a long wait! ).
Christine..let us know when you feel up to meeting for coffee.

Take care

sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue.Christine & Elginquinne,

Thank you for your support & good wishes for yesterday.I was a nervous wreck by time i got there.

I saw Dr D LOL..... everyone was really nice had mammo, ultrasound & then Biopsy ( not nice ) but i am happy to say they thought it was a fibernoma with a bit of thickning around it but have taken samples just to be sure, get results next week, Fingers crossed lab will confirm it harmless.
Christine Iam glad to hear your op went well & hope your arm gets better soon xx.

Sending you's All a Hug just to say Thank You for your support & i will let you's know how results go next wk.
Take Care Speak soon xxx

3network3

Just seen the new posts since Feb. B40 the staff at the breast clinic is really nice! I felt well looked after. What consultant are you seeing? A Mr D? We're not allowed to put names on the forum. Or is it a Mr W? LOL. You're in a very tense time just now, I suppose you get mammo, ultrasound and biopsie if needed all tomorrow? I have to say not the least impressed with your GP! Bet if it would have been his wife's / daughter lump he would have made a move much quicker!! I wish you all the best, please let us know how you get on there tomorrow.

I had my OP a week ago, MX and axillary node clearance. I'm just sitting it out at the moment and hope arm will improve soon. I do all my exercises as told.

Nice (well in a strange way I mean this) to get a few of us together.

Christine xx

cally

Hi B40
Just wanted to say fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow .
Take care
sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cally,
Iam driven nuts i phoned the clinic the other day to see if there was any chance of getting a cancellation appointment but my Dr only has clinic on wed's & sometimes a small one on Thurs so had no luck with that so far to try later today to see how things are for Morn,... i will be honest its really getting to me today,.
I first went to GP on 19th of last month with this & he didnt even check it saying time of month.... come back a wk after if its still there ( which i did ) now doing the waiting game :O( not very good at it )...... still the wee ones are doing there bit n keeping me going......sorry rant over xxx
Hope you are doing well & good luck to Christine ....

How are they at Raigmore? ( lady on the phone was really nice helpful)
Take Care xx

cally

Hi

Hope the waiting isnt too hard for you B40.
Elginquine...good to hear from you. I would like a meet up.
Maybe wait until Christine is able to join us...think she is having her op today ( big hugs).
B40..cant really help you with the procedure at the clinic as I had my treatment in England. Have had follow ups at Raigmore.
Take care

sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Elginquine,

Good to hear from you :O)
Iam the other side of Inverness up in Sutherland area, I have still to go into the clinic in Inverness to find out what this is , but have found the forums a great source of information & inspiration.
Still nervous tho as to what the team are like in Inverness :O/ xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I have just seen this post, I am near Elgin, It would be good to have a Highland met up.
Elginquine

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cally,

I was'nt sure i would have a reply on this post as its been a while since anyone posted on it :),

My appointment is not till the 18th seens like forever away... but as you said 1 day at a time, it helps a bit with the kids on holiday's ,

How are you getting on with your treatment hope its going well.
Take Care xx

cally

Hi B40
Nice to hear from you.
The waiting is the hardest by along way and my only advice is take it a day at a time....I know its easier said than done.
When is your apointment?
Take care

cally x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
I just found the thread iam in the Highlands the other side of Inverness from yous by the sounds of it, Not sure if there is anyone else up this way. Hope you's are doing well in your treatments. Would be good to hear from someone still waiting on 1st appt to find out what lump is 😞 .
xx

3network3

Hi Cally

No I don't go to any groups. Not so sure myself what is available. There is the Highland Breast Care Association but only when you're invited and since I have my chemo pre MX I haven't been invited yet. The BCN do something once a month at the maggies I think as well, but haven't been along to that.

Really nice to hear from you, what stage are you at in your treatment? When you say there are a few down your end, do you think we could make up a little group to meet somewhere to share? I'm happy to meet you alone too though LOL

Love Christine xx

cally

Hi Christine

Thanks for replying. It wasnt me at Maggies but I can guesss who it was. There are quite a few of us at this end of the valley
:-(.
Do you go to any group ? Im not relly sure whats available in the area.
Take care

cally

3network3

Cally missed your post, just wanted to bump it up. Have you been at the LGFB at Maggies in Inverness in jan? There was a girl from your direction. We got chatty about dogs at the end of the course.

Christine xx

cally

Hi
Just found this thread.
I live south of aviemore..would be great to have a Highlands group

Cally

mimsy

Bump!

RevCat

BUMPing again

RevCat

BUMPing for highland lasses!

3network3

Hi Alanaa

Have sent you a pm

christine 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Christine

I live between Dufftown and Keith, I know it is not Inverness but it is not to far away. Going into Hospital on Monday for mx on Tuesday but love to hear from you.

Alanaa

3network3

Inverness / Highland

Wondering if I'm the only one from the Highlands / Inverness area?

I gladly hear from someone up here.

Christine xx