Inverness/highlands

Hi, I hope it OK to put this here, but is there anyone around who is going through treatment in this area ??

Hi josie
I’m Dingwall, not having chemotherapy, turned it down, and starting rads on 6th August
Strange to say, but great to hear from someone nearby x
how are you getting along?

sheena x

Hi Sheena, lovely to hear from you. I’m down in Strathspey.
I’ve just started chemo, one lot in, after a mastectomy and full lymph node clearance. Radiotherapy will come at the end for me. I had a rough few days after the chemo but am feeling much better than I’d dared hope for now?.
How are things with you? X

Can I barge in please x I’m 10 days post, expect to be starting chemo early September then radiotherapy end jan/Feb. I’m 45, 2 kids (16 and 7),. I’m on the Black Isle x Hope you are all doing as well as can be expected at whatever stage of your journey that you are on xx

Hi Tartan Tottie, you’re not barging in and it’s great to hear from you ?. I hope you’re recovering well. I’m looking forward to feeling better in the next day or so but this round has been less unpleasant so far. I seem to remember that things did improve for me about your stage so I hope they are with you, xx

Hi TartanTottie, I’ve messaged you again - I think it is not working for me. I hope all is well,xx

Good Morning Ladies, just wanted to give you both big wrap around gentle hugs. xx

Thank you, what a lovely message to find as we get organised for going for the wig! I hope you have a good day too, xx

Hi ladies

feeling that love x thank you x

kirsten, good luck with choosing a wig, are you looking to get a complete change or something similar to your own? 

That’s 7 rads done got the weekend off, it’s tiring me more than i expected my arm and shoulder is very “heavy” and my **bleep** is pink and Blue lol vv attractive

it’s slowed me down considerably,  my walk yesterday was a real slog.

meeting my bf today and we are off to loch morlich for a walk

keep eating the chocolate while it tastes good! 

Any other news ladies?  I took some tablet I made into Maggies yesterday and gave some to the radiotherapy staff, you would have thought that I had given them hold, they were delighted

sheena xx

Jose, I am sure you will look absolutely amazing with your wig! Do let us know how you got on. xx

Sheena, enjoy your couple of days off, nice day for Loch Morlich, hope you didn’t overdo it. There was no tablet on offer when we were in Maggies yesterday afternoon, I left cupcakes that I baked!

I’m going to Look Good, Feel Good at Maggies on Tuesday afternoon, hoping for miracles, lol.

xx

Hi, really pleased with the wig and I wore it home! Boys said it looked real and given that they are calling me Lord Voldemort just now ( most of my hair is away and the rest is cropped very short), I’m thinking that is a genuine compliment ?. 

Sheena, I hope you had a good walk round Loch Morlich - the rain seems to have stayed off down here so far.

Tartan Tottie, I should have gone into Maggies today for those cakes, x

5 pairs of shoes later - boys need 2 pairs each for school - I needed cake, but we’ll be on bread and water this month now…

Oh Josie you sound so positive about your wig and wearing it home too, what a superstar! I just don’t know how I’m going to cope with that yet. I stupidly stupidly found myself watching videos on you tube this afternoon showing ladies that had got their hair cut or shaved in preparation for chemo and this just made me so upset.

Hope the burgers were lovely, well done on your son cooking you dinner, bliss and wine too, lovely hubby and just what weekends are all about. My 16 year old might manage to throw an omelette together but that’s it!

xx

Tartan Tottie, I know you will cope - look at what you’ve dealt with so far and in such a short period - we are so much stronger than we know. And the hair will grow back - I’m hoping for curly brown hair!!! I’m not going to pretend there wasn’t a few tears in the shop today but mainly it was just the overwhelming relief that I know I can wear it as I need to and not have to ‘come out’ at school on Tuesday … and,of course, be Lord Voldemort at home. Sweet dreams, xxx