Inverted nipple.. Can't feel lump(s) :(

Hello, I have never posted on a forum before and this being such a delicate subject I hope it makes sense!?
4 weeks ago while on holiday I woke one morning to dreadful pain in my right breast, 3 days later I went to the local gp who said inflamed glands… I thought perhaps I had laid on it :-/ well after a week all pain went away!
Thursday last week I noticed my nipple on my right breast has become inverted and on one half is dark in colour ! I have no pain but even the areola looks like it has a dent across it!but i can’t feel a lump!! I’m not really pushing to feel as nervous but nevertheless can’t feel anything significant! I have made a gp appointment for this afternoon… Any thoughts ?? I am a 29 yr old mother of 2 and concerned should I be :frowning:

Hi Michelle2014

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.  To help you along I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.  Also if you need to talk to someone in confidence following your appointment with your GP, please don’t hesitate to call our helpline, the staff are here to support you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/breast-health/your-breasts-your-health-throughout-your-life-bcc2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Gp this afternoon! He found a lump :frowning: measuring 7cm I’m devastated… I have been refered to the breast clinic.

Hi, sorry that you find yourself in the waiting area, it really is the worst part. Its easy to say but try not to worry yourself until you have your diagnosis and please don’t google you can imagine all sorts. Keep posting and let us ladies help as best we can, this site is invaluable for information from those that have been through the same process. Sending you a hug , hope it helps …Linda x

Thank you Linda, I have just had a phone call from the breast clinc my appointment is next week! My husband is very upset and I’m trying to be positive but it’s very scary at the moment a lump of this size seems ridiculous…

Thats good news not too long to wait and you will know a lot more which will make you feel more in control. My cancer was 5cm and I noticed my nipple pointing to the left…yes it was a shock to find at 46 I had cancer but you realise you are stronger than you think and you will get through this…you never know it may not be cancer but if it is its treatable and getting your treatment plan underway will be a big help
.Linda x

I feel a little foolish that I went to the doctors not knowing I had a lump! I thought inverted nipple nothing serious as I have no lump etr ! So when the doctor found it… Christ the shock and the size :frowning: I’m 29 not that cancer cares for age unfortunately. I’m sorry to learn your lump is cancer can I ask how long ago please ? I’m very scared but trying to tell myself this isn’t stupid to be naive but at 29 what else can I do… Best wishes Linda

I was diagnosed last christmas with grade 2 lobular cancer. Lobular grows differently in it appears spider like rather than a lump , I couldn’t feel it either so your not alone on that one . I would be amazed if your doctor could truely tell the size without you having ultrasound or scans so I would put that to one side for now …focus on yourself , keep busy with things you like to do …hopefully at such a young age its just changes to your breast tissue not cancer…hugs Linda x

Thank you for your kind words… I’m feeling a bit more positive today with all things in mind, I can’t change what is happening and like you say most lumps are benign and if not what will be will be… :slight_smile:

3 days till my appointment at the clinic and up until now I have tried to remain positive but last night was a bad night some awful dreams waking up every hr hot sweats terrified :cry:
No major change in my breasts until yesterday I have this cluster rash/ there a cream colour all over my nipple :frowning: and my whole breast feels like I’ve been punched in it you know like a dead boob :frowning: probably rolled over on it in night and nipple is itchy has been for many months to be honest had a rash on it my doc said fungal infection months ago :-/ probably nothing to do with new symptoms…? but just adds fuel to these mind tricks my minds playing on me… As the days are rolling on I’m finding it harder to concentrate! Aaaaagggghhhh I want to scream