68.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a long wait for Bone scan results, a bad or good sign?

11 REPLIES 11
anxious

Re: Is a long wait for Bone scan results, a bad or good sign?

Hi Louis, I will have everything crosed for you and pray you get good news this afternoon. It is so worrying isn't it. People who haven't experienced this probably think we are over anxious but to me its so surreal. A letter can come through the post that can change your life in an instance. How often does that happen to anyone. Oncologists all seem to work in different ways as to how they convey the results. Barbie40 so glad your results are clear, you can breathe again and enjoy the sunshine. Day 14 for me and still waiting.

Louis

Have you recieved your results yet? I am going to see the Oncologist today at 1445hrs to see if BC has spread to bones and liver. I am petrified. Feel well though. Hoping all will be well.
The waiting time has been terrible.
😱
Barbie40

Hi anxious, just to let you know my scan was all clear after waiting 11 days. Apparently it was only reported on yesterday. I hope that gives you some comfort. Please try and stay positive xx
anxious

EJ81 and Lynnq, thank you for taking the time to respond when you are having to deal with your own worries. I have been reading lots of threads and it is such a source of comfort and support. How people dealt with all of this before the forums i will never know. I still haven't heard so the wait goes on. I will ring again Thursday as we are going France on Saturday. Xx

EJ81

Hi, I have a scan next week and an onc appointment two weeks later to get results although on a previous occasion when the results weren't good they rang me to come in sooner. I hope you hear from them soon. Waiting is the worst. Perhaps you could ask what the usual procedure/ timescale is?

Xxx

Lynnq

Hi Barbie and Anxious sorry thatt you are going through this anxiety, it's awful isn't it. The onc at My hospital usually see you 2 weeks after the test to give you the results, on one occasionwhen I got there they told me thst they were n't back yet - nobody let me know and it is a two hour round trip. On the second occasion just as clinic started the computer crashed, the waiting room was full of anxious faces and some tears, nobody could get results. Fortunately it came back on after thirty minutes or so. Both times my results were stable...they just don't seem to realise how anxious we get. Hope your results are good when you get them...
anxious

Hi Barbie40, Thank you so much for replying. Your so right regarding the waiting. I  had my diagnosis 7yrs ago this month and since then, there has been various times, when i have had this awful time of waiting for results. I wish you well for your results. My Onc said he would write to me when he had my results. However his secretary is saying he hasn't had them. I can't understand why Radiology would sit on them for 11 days unless they have lost them. Is that possible?

Barbie40

Hi anxious

I too am waiting for ct scan results from 10 days ago. It's horrendous waiting for the results. I have an appt in two days so will finally find out whats going on. So i think its quite the norm to keep us waiting. I was told that I would be discussed at mdt meeting before I get results so maybe thats why you haven't heard.

Have they sent an appointment in the post?

X
anxious

Thank you SOD6162 and Jo for your replies. I was hoping i would have heard from some others, but i know when i used to use the forums they were a lot easier to use than they appear now.

I have just rung my Oncologists secretary as Day 11 and no word. She said they haven't received the results yet. She asked when i had the test. After saying 11 Days she said she would e mail them and get my Oncologist to take a look tomorrow or the day after. Surely Radiology should have given the results over to my Oncologist before now X

Jo_BCC

Hi anxious,

Welcome back to the forums, I'm sure you will get the support you are looking for here.  Please don't hesitate to call the helpline if you need them, they're here to support you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

sod6162

Tracey, I waited 15 days for bone scan result, while another BC lady who had same test 20 mins before me waited less than 48hrs. Reason given, back up due to bank holiday....I convinced myself I had Mets in bones, accompanied by all sorts of pains, and received negative result. I also had to wait after each test to attend clinic to get results on Weds only....very frustrating, and no sense of order, it differs from region to region. Try to stay calm, be nice to yourself and don't read too much dodgy information online x
anxious

Is a long wait for Bone scan results, a bad or good sign?

Hello,

I haven't posted for quite a few years now. I had my 2nd bone scan, since diagnosis ,10 days ago and haven't heard anything. The first time i had one 4 yrs ago i got the negative result in a week. There have been 2 weekends inbetween  this scan which my last only had one weekend. I keep going from, it must be a good sign to thinking that it's really bad and their deciding what to do. I would hope that if it was bad i would have heard by now. Of course my family are looking on it as a good sign but the only ones i feel  would probably know is the forum members. Could anyone help me with this please.

Tracey X