Is anyone from Manchester or nearby area?

Hi there, just wondering if anyone is near to the Manchester area, I just got diagnosed last week with breast cancer and I am due to have a mastectomy in next 10 days. I am 30 years old and I am petrified, sad, angry, in disbelief and heartbroken for me and my family. It would be great if someone was local to me who is going through the same things. If you are, please get in touch. Thanks XxxX

Hi

Sorry to hear your news, it totally sucks doesn’t it? I was diagnosed march 2010 and have had a lumpectomy, chemo, radiotherapy and am now on tamoxifen. I feel mostly back to my old self now, I wouldn’t have believed this was possible 18 months ago though. I am 37, and live in Oldham. There are quite a few Manchester ladies, in fact a big chunk of them are meeting for lunch in the city centre probably at this precise minute but I can’t go as am at a charity family fun day! Where a bouts in Manchester are you?

Vickie

Hiya sorry for late reply, I have been away for the weekend to try and forget all this crap!!! I am in Swinton. Got back today and after not thinking about it for 2 days I am now back to being depressed and crying again. Just don’t know how I am gonna get through this. Thanks for your message and Oldham is not too far away. How are you feeling after all your treatment?

Hi Flutterby

I’m 36 (original dx June 09 age 34) and live in Stretford however I have secondaries so I’m in a slightly seperate boat, if however you want info or a chat I’m happy to help. Have you got your dates for the Christie yet, our appointments may even scyncronsise and you do frequently see the same people there its’a a proper community.

Good luck with your treatment plans, stay strong. I hope it helps but I’ve made some really good friends on here and we’ve helped each other through every step…I’ve just got a few more to take!!

Claire x

Hi Flutterby,

I was diagnosed in March currently on Chemo, I’m 37 and live in Denton. I know what you are going through right now and am happy to meet up.

xxx

Hi flutterby

I,m another from Oldham and as Vickie says there’s quite a few of us. There’s also a couple who live in swinton and i would’nt be surprised if they come and say hello soon.

I,ve just finished treatment but can totally sympathise with what your going through. I had a mastectomy, node clearance, chemo and rads so if there’s anything you need to ask - ask away!

I,m sure we’ll be having another get together soon and you’ll be more than welcome to come along.

In the mean time - look after yourself and try to keep your chin up. (i know it’s hard).

Love and hugs Maria x x

Hi, I’m in Hyde and was diagnosed March 2010-mastectomy, node clearance, chemo and rads and am to have Herceptin Number 12 (of 18) at home tomorrow. I am abit older than the other girls who have already replied but have met up with some of them, and, hey, we’re all in the same boat regardless of age, I am having a very busy retirement and doing allsorts of “normal” things which I didn’t think I would be doing 16 months ago. I’m sure you will get loads of support as I did

take care

Carol x

hi flutterby-i’m not far from you in heywood-rochdale way.i was diagnosed may -have had wle and am waiting for radiotherapy at oldham-it’s a roller coaster for sure-there are some very wise people on here-call for help when you need it-it’s really helped me cope x

Hi Flutterby
I’m from Swinton, a little older than you, and 5 years post treatment. I can still remember my first weeks of diagnosis and can relate to the feelings you’re having. Good luck with all your treatment and if you want to meet or chat let me know. There are lots of posts on here that will help you, particularly at your low points, so keep on the forum.
Take care and best wishes. Anniemay

Hi flutterby

Im from down the road from you in Radcliffe! How are you doing? I was diagnosed with bc only last week and am waiting to go in for mx on 16th sept! my whole life has completely gone awol and Im still in massive shock and disbelief.

How did your op go - hope you are ok…

xx

Hiya I used to live in radcliffe!!
I’m doing ok actually, having the op has taken most of my worries away which is fab as all I thought about was the op, what i’m gonna look like etc etc. Now its done with and I haven’t cried in a week!! I cried every day before the op.
Get my results tomorrow so fingers crossed for no more bad news!!!

I know red it’s bloody awful, it totally turns you upside down. I was so upset everyday, couldnt concentrate on anything, absolutely devastated. If I can give you some comfort though that now I feel so much better, I didnt think I would feel like this, just to get rid of the worries has been a massive improvement. I know you are not going to stop feeling terrible at the moment, I just thought it was all happening to someone else.
I know its hard but try to do as many enjoyable things as you can.
I hope you are ok
XxxX

hiya

thanks for replying - its certainly putting my mind at ease a little more although the thought of not having two boobs is just weird - but Id rather that than having this dreadful disease!! have you started treatment yet?

xx

hi guys just saying hi , i live in radcliffe and was diagnosed on 14th sept .im quite lucky so far been told i only need a lumpectomy and radio , its still scary though .
all the best to u all
louise

ethlydsyl hi Im jusy down the road from you I live on Bolton Road!!! near Springfield Park. I would like to meet up sometime. DDDDO you work we could meet up at Morrisions for a coffee.

Im 7 weeks post MX and on antidepressants, but just about stopped crying ha. Hoping you are feeling better FLUTTERBY. I know just how you feel but it does get a bit better as you are finding out. I love this site and I on always on it, reading!

hi loopyles-i am off work at the moment-am free tomorrow afternoon-weds- would love to have a coffee-off on my jollies on thurs afternoon-and yes-i have just about stopped crying too-if weds not convenient i am home from october 7th-best wishes

Hello ethlydsyl- so nice to hear from you and so prompt too! But tomorrow I am at Bolton Hospital for a fill up in my expanders My appointment is at 3.45 so will be setting off about 3ish with my hubby. But would love to meet up after your jollies oooo Im exicted now its great talking on here but when you are going to meet up with someone its exciting (well I think so anyway ) lol. SO how do I “inbox” you on here I will give u my land line. Great chatting to you… I was so tired for the last 2 days but today been awake from 3.30 then got up at 5.15am. Do you have days like that??? Luv Lesley

Hi to everyone

I am from Glossop but i have lived most of my life in Manchester. I was dx at the beginning of Feb with IDC, which was multicentric and triple negative. I had a mastectomy and a sentinal node biobsy in June ( 1 out of 5 nodes tested for cancer) and currently receiving chemo; my fifth chemo is due next week, five down, three to go and then fifteen rads. I don’t understand why I am having 8 sessions of chemo when the majority of women i have seen on this site are having 6, maybe because of the triple neg and node involvement. After having 6 months off work, i have decided to go back part time (i should have nearly completed my treatment but because of problems with seroma and infection it had been delayed). Luckily i have minimal side effects with the chemo, just the tiredness which can creep up on you when you least expect it and anyway Im put off going on ESA with all the hassle you get i.e. after a short time you have to appeal it if you are still unwell and i dont want to go down that road it would only exacerbate my depression.

Anyway lets not go there. Hope everyone has minimal SE’s and coping with this cr…p disease.

ClareX

Hello everyone, and especially Clare. Just sending you some Glossop solidarity. I had a WLE and SNB in June and am just about to finish my rads. Good luck with going back to work - hope it helps lift your spirits a bit. I’ve been a bit all over the place with the end of rads, but suddenly find myself in a different place altogether as my mother (in Dorset) has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour, pretty advanced unfortunately. Her health has been deteriorating badly this year and now they’ve finally found the cause. So I am hurrying down on the train straight from Christie’s tomorrow, leaving my OH with the children for a couple of days on his own for the first time. They will be fine, but there’ll be tears all round. Barely holding myself together today.

But! Hope everyone is okay at the moment. Thank goodness for a dry Glossop today!

Hi loppy

So sorry to hear about your mum. My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope everything is being done that can be done by the medical profession to alleviate her pain and suffering. Im sure your comfort and support will be invaluable.

Take care

Clarex

HI it is so good to have a site like this. im from oldham and looking for locals in surrounding areas who have been or going through this living nightmare. ive just been diagnosed but also awaiting further results. My head is all over the place and the waiting is long. Thought this wouldnt happen to me stupid, but thats what we all think, just want to talk and offer mutual support xxxx nesthead61