373952posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone nearby Shropshire?

silvershar

Re: Is anyone nearby Shropshire?

Hi eveyone,just want to say I know how u feel DJ007, i had 3 fec too and have had my 2nd tax today, def i agree, much better than fec, not sick, no pink wee and me too high on steriods!!!! tax 1 they did overdose me and reduced the dose, - but back to business re meeting, depending on if tax truck hits me, the week 21st 22nd 23 June to good for me, but if its foll week, i have my tax (last one yeesss!) on the 29th June, so before that good for me too, but like eveyone is saying no day is good for everyone so we will just have to see who can come and keep setting more dates for those tht miss out, one day we can all meet when chemo over and really celebrate!!!!!!! cheers everyone and lotsa love, Shar xxx

J01

Evening all hope you all well,???? I agree set a dater and see who can come, Ity's never going to be covenient to all , what with life, family commitments, Chemo & side effects!!!! Roll The dice... just make sure it's flexi booking!! LOL

Love to all
Jeanette xxxxxxxxxx

daffodil3969

Right, lets just say a date then, 21st/22nd/23rd, Inn at grinshill and someone book a table, if thats ok with everyone.

DJ007

Sounds like a plan to me!

Day after tax 1 and still feeling much much better than after fec 3! Not slept much and have false energy from the steroids, but that i can def cope with. No sickness, no pink pee, a bit of a funny taste, but not as much as before. Keeping all appendages crossed it continues! And if the 29th is the date and I feel this goood, I'll be there!

Wishing you all well

Diane

harp1970

I think it's impossible to find a date to suit everyone. Think we just have to go for a date and see who can come x

DJ007

Oops - just realised I was looking at July not June. My next chemo is on 28th so prob won't be able to make it.

Diane x

Terri52

Hi Val
have chemo 27th so not sure about 28/29th.
T

DJ007

Hi everyone

I might be able to make the 28th or 29th - I have my chemo on the Tues, but may be up to it - and they won't be expecting me in work!

Had 1st tax today - so far so good - better than last fec, fingers crossed it continues! 🙂

Diane x

harp1970

Hi Val 28th or 29th are both fine for me-better than the week before really. Looking forward to seeing you again x

honeybee121

im ok as long as not a thursday bloods and nannys day with grandson or 24th as thats chemo

horace

What about moving on a week to the 28th/29th then?
Vx

horace

I can do any day after 20th....except for the 21st!!I have a friend with me then-the 23rd is good for me or the 22nd at a pinch.

harp1970

Can probably do 22nd depending how it goes. Last time I was still feeling rotten one week after chemo but who knows this time. So as long as I feel okay that's fine x

Terri52

Hi all
getting everyone together for a meeting is like plaiting water!!!!!!
how about the 22nd?There seems to be quite alot who can't do 23rd and Rachel can't do 21st.
Whispers--- still no real side effects to mention of course they could still rear their ugly head. Now because i'm not struggling with SE's I have decided that treatment is obviously not working!!
Thank heavens oncy man is in America at some big oncology conference or I might be tempted to phone him and make even bigger fool of myself than usual.
T

sparkleybelle

just seen post that 21st is looking like the date, perfect for me i think. whats the location?
xxxxxx izzy xxxxxxxxx

sparkleybelle

hi terri 52 and silvershar and everybody,
i.ve been sending messages but they have been lost , hope to be in good shape for a meet up in the next couple of weeks????

harp1970

I can't do 21st. If I'm well enough I'm doing a new intake parents' get together at school.
Rachel x

Terri52

Hi All
Can more come if we swap to 21st? What do you think Val?
T

daffodil3969

Hi, cant make 23rd but can any other day that week, maybe 21st tue or 22nd wed? The Inn is fine though. Working on 23rd but if no other choice will try and swap days.

DJ007

Hi all

Many thanks for your welcomes, glad I've found you all.

I can't do that week at all I'm afraid - if I feel well enough I'll be v busy at work and not able to take a day off.

Hope all's well with all of you. 1st tax session for me tomorrow. Just hoping that I'll be able to sleep tonight having taken 8 2mg tabs of dexameth today!

I'll keep you all posted - hopefully without any gory detail!

Diane x

Rhian

I can't make 23 but could poss make 21

Hello to those i have not met, I am away for a while hope all goes ok and the se's managable

rhi x

sailingmungo

Hi Shropshire Lasses,

Welcome DJ007 and hope everyone is doing ok, ever so sorry can't make 23rd got my first cmf that day, but hope to catch you all on the next one, as I really enjoyed the other two gatherings.
I have just done 4 cycles of epi, last one was last Tuesday horrible mouth just kicked in, pineapple and lime n soda! really helps.
Sue x

honeybee121

take that back i carnt make the 23rd got to take son to see his councellor carnt miss that as you know he has autisum and he comes first sorry would really love to meet up with you all too

Terri52

hi
23rd should be ok for me, fingers crossed.
T

beardie

Got my fourth FEC on 22 so I won't be able to make it again - so sorry as i would love to meet some of you - maybe next time.
Melxx

silvershar

Hi Shropshire lasses - wow, been offline for a few days, glad so many are posting on here - welcome to DJ007 I am near Whitchuch too, 3 miles outside, thanks Horace for arranging next meeting, Inn at Grinshall sounds great, I know Rhian on holiday first few weeks of June, but 23rd seems good good for everyone, cant wait to meet you all, I met Terri 52, Rhian and Sailingmungo - met Horace separately on a few occasions and she took me to hosp the other week after my first Tax, felt fine just had no immune and low blood press but felt ok as Tax is meant to be like being steam rollered, but was ok, 23rd good for me too really looking forward to meeting you all xxxxx

noanie

Hi Diane,
At the beginning of the first and second FEC's I too was very emotional, but after a few days it got better...maybe it is the steroids.
Good luck on your first Tax, we are right behind you on that one, so anxious to hear how you cope...hopefully it will be no worse than the FEC, and after next week you will only have two more to go. yippeeeeeee.

honeybee121

i would say yes to a thursday but i have my bloods took in the morning and should be looking after my grandson i have him once a week but i could ask my other daughter to have him but i carnt not have my blood done as 3rd chemo friday

harp1970

Hi Val

I would like to think I can do 23rd June-it's exactly a week after FEC 3 on 16th. Going on this time though I was still feeling pretty lousy, but next time who knows. So I will say yes count me in and I'll keep everything crossed that I'm ok.

See you soon
Rachel x

horace

Ok then The Inn at Grinshill it is-any day but Monday when they are shut.Now someone suggest a date.Lets make it happen ladies:) A tentative suggestion from me-Thursday 23rd June lets have a show of hands-anyone who cant do that suggest something else-if you can just say so and I'll book a table 🙂
valx

harp1970

Hi Terri

I think The Inn at Grinshill was suggested which is okay for me. It's much better for me if we can meet at Shrewsbury rather than Oswestry, as I'm in the South of the County, and I'm going to pick up Maz in Telford en route. I know most of you are in North Shrops so completely understand if you want to meet there, but really would love to meet you all.

Good luck with the 2nd treatment(I whispered that bit!!!)

Rachel x

Terri52

Hi all
welcome to D i live near Chester but gate crashed this site at the begining when Silver Shar first started it. I been lucky enough to manage 2 x meet ups which have been great, and we've managed to have a laugh.
Tomorrow is my second x CMF treatment I shall whisper this as I dont want the SE's to hear, but i haven't really had any yet, just a sort of general bad hangover feeling. Of course i know nothing with these treatments is a given.
So i'm up for a meeting the Pub that Horace recommended looked nice has anyone any suggestions?
Hope everyone is ok and may the force be with you.
take care
T

harp1970

Hi Shropshire lasses,

Glad we all seem to be doing okay.

Noanie, I've responded on the May thread re seeing oncologist. Interesting to see what happens this week.

Think we should arrange a meeting of Shropshire lasses very soon.
Rachel x

J01

Dianne

Thanks for that I don't feel so 'alone' in the odd SE dept. I live with my lovely supportive OH and I have one of each in the child dept, my little boy is autistic, as is Maz's little boy they are similar in age so we often mention them they are priceless! My boy is 9 and my wee girl is 7. and yes they are way TOO much 'sometimes' and yet the reason for ploughing through this vile time. Oh just said they are like sheepdogs ( my dad used to breed and train them) without some structure ie school, something to do they gey bored and start 'chasing cars' ( obviously not literally!! not insulting your inteligence just realising chemo brain!!!) Hoping all's well with you now.. beta go can smell pizza burning...supportive he may be ....Jamie Oliver he's not!!!
Love Jeanette xxxxxxxxx

DJ007

Jeanette

I too suddenly felt v sick 4 days after FEC 3 - only lasted 12hrs tho. Hang on in there - hope it gets better soon.

I live alone - are the boys a welcome distraction or the last straw at times?

Sending positive vibes to anyone who's feeling rough. It's stopped raining here, so time to get some fresh air.

Diane x

DJ007

Hi

Thanks for the warm welcome Jeanette

Noanie - Compared to some I've done OK on FEC. 1st cycle sailed thru - didn't even feel sick, had chemo brain for a few days but only took the chemo day and day after off, then worked 1/2 - 3/4 days on the Thurs & Fri - got on a horse for the first time since my op on the Sat.

Think that made me a bit complacent, 2nd session 2am the night after, woke up an v nearly threw up! Spent a couple of hours reading after that and not trusting myself to lie down! That was the short week after Easter, so only wked on the Thurs morning - did find that I didn't sleep well for a few days - blamed that on the steroids. Started getting some vein contraction a week or so after.

FEC 3 wasn't pleasant but still doable - felt quite sick for a couple of days and didn't sleep well at all for nearly a week. Didn't work at all that week - thought on the Sat I was over the worst, but started feeling very queasy again. But back at work on the Mon. The vein that's been used throughout is now quite swollen and discoloured for 2 or 3 inches. - be interesting to see if they use the same one again.

So far the most embarrassing SE has been crying for no reason! I'm not depressed, not upset, and not (as far as you can be) worried - but the instant someone is nice to me I well up. Again that's got better as the days have gone on and Im nearly back to normal again. Think it's the come down after the steroids?

Just waiting with a bit of trepidation to see what Tax does to me! (more steroids on that one!) I'm going to do that without the cold caps - my hair has thinned so much that I don't think it's worth carrying on. I'm also mindful that they say that hair can grow back curly, thicker, diff colour, etc. Since mine has mainly thinned on top, I'm amusedly worried that I may end up looking like a poodle! Better to let it all go and start afresh!

Onwards and upwards!

Hope all goes well for you and that the veins ease.

Diane

noanie

Hi Dx,
Thanks for getting back to me.
So happy for you that you have BUPA, I just tried to get that, put they don't cover pre-existing conditions 😞
How did you handle the FEC? So far I've handled it well with the exception of my vein which I think was caused when the IV was started, inserted to close to the vein wall, from the moment it was put in hurt the whole time.
Good luck with your Tax on Tuesday, I start on that next month.

J01

Hi D

I am sure i can speak for the girls and say hello and welcome, I don.t live that far from you about 9 miles towards wrexham.

Maz it.ll be good for you and the wee man to have the respite, they are great at cheering us up but the tendency to not understand... mum just boesnt feel well is hard eh?

as for me I have had a TERRIBLE night!!!!!!!!!! sick,sick.sick. not sure why on night 4?? I think Imay have picked up the bug the kids had and that kick started the chemo sickness cycle!!! I am lying on my bed with laptop which little one abandoned in favour of the PS3 with the boys, I am trying to type with one hand,my left and i am right handed, it is slow going but got no energy to move!!!!!!!!!!

hope you all doin ok.... love to all Jeanette xxxxx

DJ007

Sorry All

Only just realised that I've found a Shropshire lasses thread. Does anyone mind if I join in?

Only just joined the forums, but am finding them useful, if occasionally scary, and am happy to share my experiences. I live in Whitchurch, so quite close to some of you.

Would love to join in one of your meet-ups if I'm not at work.

Dx

DJ007

Hi Noanie,

As you know I'm in Shropshire, but my situ is a bit diff as I'm lucky enough to be covered by Bupa (not rich, but my employer pays for it!). However, it's basically the same team that work at RHS and PR, just that I see the onc at the Nuffield!

I'm a bit ahead of you - had 3 x FEC, 1st Tax this Tues. I had initial appt with onc, where he explained treatment. He said he wanted to see me again between chemo 2 & 3, cos of his hols it ended up being just after chemo 3. However, he didn't discuss chemo at all, but the decision to recommend me for rads. I'm seeing him again between 5 & 6, but again to confirm rads treatment.

I'm lucky in that, by comparison to some, my SE have, so far, been all run of the mill and not too severe (I too have a tender arm) - been managing to work almost normally 2 weeks out of 3 - tho getting increasingly tired.

The company that do my chemo at home collect blood on the Mon, and deliver it to RHS lab, I assume that onc sees results before giving the OK for treatment on the Tues. On the Tues the chemo nurse takes a comprehensive history of my SE since last treatment and that's also sent to onc each time. They have a helpline if I have any concerns between treatment (not used so far). But I assume that I could also call the NHS BCN, who was great at keeping in touch with me while I was in Suffolk having my mx - tho haven't heard from her since before my chemo started.

Not sure that this is of any help...

Dx

noanie

Hi All,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I'm on week 2 on my 2nd Fec, other than a very sore tender arm seem to be doing OK now. Have not seen the onc since my first consultation with him, just chemo nurses...does anyone know how often the oncoogist is supposed to see you during chemo treatments? seems strange to me that I have to chase him down for an appointment.
Would appreciate hearing your experience or what to expect from your oncologist.
Thanks

honeybee121

i just rang my other half to come home i carnt be doing with son talking away while jumping up and down playing the wii dogs barking at every small thing they hear i just want to sleep before this food comes back up im trying as good as i can to keep it down head is banging didnt have this before guess we carnt have it all can we hope every one else is doing good
maz xxxx

j sorry yr little one not feeling to good mine is as happy as anything as he going to restbite monday with the school wingate center and he carnt wait this will be his first time away from home and from me but the timing is good as i wont be up to much just sleeping most of the week

J01

hi all

How are we doing? I am not too bad had me meds/steroids/jabs, a bit flushed and tired but sickness dying down now, little man has been sibk so hopefully tha's something he has eaten and not a bug!!!!...can do without that!!!

As you know he is autistic and tends to lick and touch most things so this is just the way it is...life!!

OH, who doesn't do cleaning up sick, had to get on with it.....just in case... bless him he is doing great by me. anyway gotta go and see what's what as he want's to go to the gym and so will want to eat earlier... love to all and hpoing your cop[ing!! Jeanette xxxxxxxx

harp1970

Hello Shropshire lasses

Glad to report I feel fine today and my WBC was back up so no more visits to Shrewsbury for now!

Went to Sainsbury's on the way home and thought I'd get some cream for my spotty sore head. They offered me a gentle shampoo. LOL when I showed him my bald head.

See you all soon I hope
Rach x

silvershar

Hello, I was same after FEC2 and FEC3. FEC 2 wiped me out totally and Fec 3 was better, know all about being called in for more injections cos count down to 0.3 or 0.2 and 0.1, totally tuned in to u and now I am on TAX, glad we are all here for each other, and really would be great to meet up, sure it will inspire and lift us - Shar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J01

Hi all
Rach glad you are feeling even slightly better trhis aft, I found FEC 2 my worst!! here I am FEC three done and half way!!! So TAX next?? guess we'll see what we see..... but I'm Half way!!!!!!!!!

Maz glad things are ticking along just go with the flow!! do what you can my new motto is 'do a little and leave a lot' it used to be 'I'll do it' now everyone doing a bit more needs must!!! long may it continue??
I think i will make sure it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJeanette

harp1970

Hi everyone and thanks for your lovely comments. Still feeling wiped out but have enjoyed sitting in the garden this afternoon. Had to rush to RSH again cos white count 0.3 despite injections for last 5 days. Got to go again tomorrow. But was reassured when I told them how I felt and they assured me I'm okay and it's all normal. Just waiting to feel better which surely can't be long now!!

Glad you're okay J-hope it continues for you.

Maz-all the luck in the world tomorrow. I might see you there-I'm there in the morning x

Love to all
Rachel x

honeybee121

i sure hope my 2nd lot is ok didnt have any problems really with 1st just slept most of the time soon find out tomorrow tho
noanie i ask for picc line right at the start but when i had my 1st lot of chemo the nurse said having that would make the chemo take longer to be given today i have work up with a sore arm sure hope it isnt the start of things to come hoping it just the after maths of the iv drip and all the bloods took last week
j good to hear you survived fec 3 xxx
rachel it will all be over before you know it im only half way with the 1st lot well will be after tomorrow then got to face the 2nd lot of 4 but im told that isnt as bad i sure hope so we all get our down days mine will most likly be after tomorrow when i will want to sleep all the time just hope se wont be too bad
tc all of you maz xxx

noanie

Rachel, sorry you are a bit down...you are always so upbeat which I have found so encouraging...I guess we all get good and bad days.
Just think in a couple of weeks time you will be saying I'm half way there.
Hope the warm weather is lifting your spirits.

harp1970

Hi J

Glad you're not too bad after FEC 3. I'm still tired out 1 week after FEC 2 but feeling less like I've been flattened today and the horrid taste has gone at last. Have been feeling a bit down this time as it seems such a long way to go, but feeling more positive today.

Hope everyone's okay
Love Rachel x