cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone nearby Shropshire?

1,144 REPLIES 1,144
horace

Re: Is anyone nearby Shropshire?

If I may add I am currently marking again as well as invigilating,childminding and a bit of private tuition so I find myself very very short of time until later in the year.
Stay well my loves and I hope we will meet up again xx

horace

I have to back out I'm afraid as I can no longer do any of the dates.I have meetings 7th/8th and my grandsons 21/22/23 while their parents are at a wedding.
Sorry xx

harp1970

Hello all 🙂
Can do June 1st or 8th and 22nd I think but not 15th or 29th as I am playing in concerts on those days. Miss you all xx Rach
I will get in touch with Di on Facebook x

hamley

Hi, I'm available on all the dates V is.
horace

I second the Armoury in June.We need to decide on a Saturday that suits everyone.I can do the 1st,17th, 22nd or 29th but not the 8th. Once we have a date and an approximate number I am happy to book. It would be lovely to meet you Denise and to see the rest of you again.
I'll keep checking for updates-can someone pm Harp and Di as they may not be here regularly now.
Cheers

Vxx

Historygirl

Hi All

The Armoury in June sounds good to me. The building work in my kitchen is still going on (argh! Don't ask) otherwise in I'd say come round mine.

Had a bit of a hoo-ha with local hospital failing to spot progression in my lung mets - I'll spare you the rant until I see you - but may be transferring my care to Warwick.

Anyway, it'd be great to see you all.
Della x

didi62

Hi all i haven't met any of you before but would like to join the get together at the armoury in June if possible.I'm from shrewsbury.i was dx August 2012 aged 50 and had wle and rads.best wishes Denise
hamley

Hi. I've had my post op appointment today and all has gone well, we're so relieved. I've got my prosthesis now too. Rads next, I've my onc appointment tomorrow. I'm feeling lots better and feel that I've got over another hurdle.
Is The Armoury on the one on the river in Shrewsbury? Sounds fab to me if that's the case.
C XOX.
tigerpig

Hi Hamley,Ditto what Rach has said.It really does get better over time!.Its still early days for you.I remember how tight it all felt.Will feel better once you can wear proper prothesis.
The Armoury for Saturday lunch sounds good to me Rach,so count me in.
Love to all H x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Hamley, I suspect it's a bit of both, muscles and skin but sounds like you're doing well! Hope all ladies are going well, does someone want to organise a get together for June? Maybe Shrewsbury if that's easier for most of us? How about a Saturday lunch back at The Armoury? I hope we are all out enjoying the sunshine and making the most of life! Let me know what you want to do as regards get together? Rach x
hamley

Hi, no one's posted for a while, I hope that means everyone's doing well and out enjoying the sunshine.
I'm now 1.5 weeks post mx and am doing OK. I hadn't realised how much more difficult the post op exercises would be after my mx compared to my WLE and ANS and I'm finding it really difficult, as if I'm streching my skin rather than than muscles. Does anyone know if this the actually what the intention is?
tigerpig

Hi Hamley,Lovely to hear off you,so glad everything went ok.My god you were soon in and out,good for you.Get lots of rest.
Not had a date yet for recon,might ring next week to see if i am in the pipe line.
Heather x

hamley

Hi Tigerpig, I'm very glad to say that all went well with my mx. I stayed in for one night and had a room to myself which was good and the nurses etc. were really nice. I seem to have a very long scar, but the nurse at my GP who changed my dressing this morning said it was quite a neat one. I'm just tired and in a little pain now, but nothing the pain killers they gave me can't handle.
I've got rads next, my appointment to talk it over is in May when my mx has had some time to recover, then the other mx after that.
Have you a definate date for your recon yet?
tigerpig

Hi Hamley,Hope all went well with your mx.With love Heather x

tigerpig

Post i put up on 17th has disappeared????
I wrote thanking Rach for a lovely evening and such good company.Lovely to meet you Claire-AKA-Hamley
Heather x

hamley

It was great to meet some of the ladies, such a warm welcome, thank you especially to Rachel for the lovely goulash.
horace

Lovely evening with great food and the best of company.
Thanks again Rachel you are a wonderful hostess x

harp1970

Hello
Sorry I haven't posted for ages. been enjoying weeks off after hysterectomy! Feeling fab again now and fighting fit. Started back to work again this week.
Hugs to all who need them. Would really love to come to next meet but Shrewsbury much easier for me, and can only really come at weekends when working. Miss you all
Have fun tonight
Rach xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry sat NAV taken out of post, I've pm'd everyone I think?
See you tomorrow!
Rach
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes please to bannoffee pie, sounds amazing!
Post code is

the sat NAV does bring you here.
Anyone heard from Rach Harp or Di?
Della and sue sorry you cant make it, next time for definite!
Not sure how many are coming but it's Goulash for supper so hopefully that will encourage a couple more to come (its okmy mother in law made it!)
Looking forward to seeing whoever turns up!
Rach x
horace

I'm not sure what to bring-sweet or savoury. Suggestions very welcome or I could bring a lemon drizzle cake to have with coffee or as an alternative pud. My other thought was a selection of cheese and some grapes. I am childminding all afternoon today and invigilating tomorrow morning so not much time. Does anyone need a lift from this end?

tigerpig

Rach Harp-If your going you could drive to mine and come with me x

tigerpig

Hi Rach,Is there anything you want me to bring?
Could you PM me your postcode,ta x

hamley

Hi Horace, thanks for the offer of a lift, but I think I'm going to brave it. I don't mind the small roads, it's the big ones I worry about, but I hope there's plenty of space to park!
Rach, I don't know the address or telephone number, please let me know and if I should bring a banoffi pie.
horace

If you change your mind hamley I would be delighted to pick you up at the station in Wem and give you a lift.It can be a bit nerve wracking to drive at night on the little roads.

hamley

My OH suggested yesterday that it's about time I started driving again; he feels it will give me a bit of motivation to get back to normal life. So he came with me and we went for a very pleasent drive and then we saw the sign posts for Wem and Clive. What lovely countryside. The bottom line is I going to take the bull by the horns and drive myself. I know that to most people this will seem small but to me it's a relief to get another little part of my life back to normal.
If it's not too presumptive on my first time in the group, I'd like to offer a banoffi pie. My culinary skills aren't great but I think it's reasonably passable.
Please let me know if that's OK and PM me the address and phone number in case I get lost!
I'm really looking forward to meeting you.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rach and all the Shropshire lasses,
Hope everyones okay, sorry not going to be able to make this one, as my youngest is having some dental surgery that day and will need tlc. Hope to catch up soon.

Sue x
Historygirl

Sorry Rach I'm not going to be able to make it as I'm liftless. Hope you all have a great time, like you always do. Count me in for the next one!

Della x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well it's not far from Wem, village is called Clive. There is a request stop at Yorton which is at the tip of my village or if you went into Wem Val (Horace) lives there and I'm sure would bring you in as its too far to walk from Wem and taxis are non existent here in the stix! Anyone else up for it! Rach Harp, Di, Della? Let me know but if I say 8pm ish like last time, I'll do supper if someone else does pud and bring what you're drinking though hopefully i will have some company in a glass of wine or two?
hope you're all well, if anyone speaks to any of the usual crew on Facebook then give them a prod about joining us and confirm nearer the time.
Rach x
hamley

Hi, I'd love to come, I think I saw before that you are in Wem, if so are you near the station? I'd probably come by train because I've completely lost my nerve driving due to chemo brain and putting my car into reverse by mistake in the carpark at Sainsburys! No damage done apart from to my ego and confidence.
It's right between my last chemo and mx so it'll be something to look forward to and hopefully I'll be over all the SEs after FEC 6.
tigerpig

Yea count me in too,thank you x

horace

Thank you-Yes I would love to come 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Heather that's horrid news! Hope you're keeping your chin up.
right no more messing about ladies, shall I say come here for supper on April 17th? It's a Wednesday ?
We can sort out who is bringing what nearer the time but hopefully you can all make it in some capacity or other?
All new ladies welcome too!
We can catch up, commiserate and cheer on to whoever needs it!!
Let me know whose in and whose out?
Rach x
tigerpig

Hi Ladies,would love to come to next meet up seems ages since i saw you all.I have had a couple of really shitty months,Hubby got diagnosed with prostate cancer! think its been caught in time and he has just started treatment.Daughter who's 23 found a lump in her breast,thank god it was nothing but they want her to go for genetic testing.
Iam doing ok,finished Herceptin and on waiting list for LD recon some time in june.
Hello to the new ladies-Hope your feeling better Hamley,only one more to go.
Love to you all Heather x

horace

Well I am always up for a meet and will come along wherever/whenever if I can.I too am busy 20th April and also 27th [Tom Paxton concert 🙂 ] but I really would love to see you all again.
Those of you I met last time,I have just had a very interesting offer of a return to exam marking and I am so tempyed-I have said a tentative yes!
never say never ...

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello f1,
youre just like me, I was 36 then 41 but am now on anastrazole, what joy?! Anyhow ladies, awfully quiet on this thread so I think I'd better chivvy along another meet! We can either do town centre ( Shrewsbury fits most of us I think?) or I'm more than apply to have you all to me again in April if you fancy it? If its me then it needs to be an evening in the week, if its town then either we do Saturday lunch or again, an evening. It really wouldn't be putting me out to have you all here you know so don't let that factor in your equation. And wherever we meet I hope the new ladies f1 and Hamley can join us?
hope you're all well and keeping warm in the snow. Rach x
hamley

Hi Everyone.
I haven't posted for a while, I've been having a rough time with chemo. FEC 5 last week has really knocked me sideways, much worse than any other cycle. But, next time will be the last I time, I'll be able to say goodbye to the SEs once and for all. I look forward to having hair again because my head always feels so cold.
I'd love to meet up with you all next time (SEs permitting). I'll look out for what ever date you decide and keep in touch.
Guest user
Not applicable

Ho guys, just thought i would pop along and say hi when I saw the Shropshire link. I am from nr Oswestry. I am living just over the border in Cheshire at the moment but i am always back "home" to the place i love the Shropshire/Wales border. When I first came on this site back in 2006 there was no younger women local so it is nice to see this thread. I had BC in 2006 when I was 37, and diagnoised again in 2009 on my 41st birthday. Had lumpectomy, chemo, rads, on both occasions and then in 2011 I had oopherectomy and now on Femera and fingers crossed all going well. Be nice to meet up with people in the local area . Hope you are all doing well.
DJ007

Hi everyone.

Hope you are continuing to recover OK Della.
How did the onc appointment go Rach?

I'm up for a meet almost any time - can't do the weekend of the 19th 20th April. Happy to host, or to take a big pot of something to Rach's place, or go for a meet in Shrewsbury.

Hamley, hope your chemo is going OK. Sunshine and Denise - I've posted on the other thread - would be lovely to meet you all.

Take care everyone
Diane x

Historygirl

Hi All

Have just got home from hospital after mx on Thursday. All went well and I'm feeling fine apart from a possible chocolate overdose (I've eaten my own body weight in maltesers). The drain bag was a godsend, thanks Rach.

I'm having building work done soon, starts at end of the month, as I thought I could do with a bit more stress. Once this is complete (May I hope) I'd be happy to play hostess too (I'm about a mile out of Shrewsbury). In the meantime I'd love to meet up with you all anytime, any place, anywhere.
Della x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All.
Ayone heard from Della? She had mx on Friday? Della, if you're online at all, let us know how it went, how you are and can you pm me with your mobile number. I have sent best wishes through joe via Nev so hope you got them!
Ladies, any thoughts about meeting up in March? Just a thought but I am happy to host again if someone shares the cooking? I know it's a bit of a trek for some but it was lovely not to be rushed through a meal and to know I wasn't eating horse!!
Otherwise, I am happy with the Armoury for a lunch on a Saturday or Sunday so at least we can justify the journey by doing a little retail therapy?
Post with what you think and I will sort something out.

Got my onc appointment on wed, really feeling anxious about things lately and would live them to offer me a test to check everything's ok, they don't even do a blood test though I read these are common elsewhere, coupled with scans. I sometimes worry that Shropshire have rather a laissez faire attitude once you've finished active treatment and I am a bit neurotic at the moment, Will ask and see what response I get.

anyway hope to read posts here soon and Sue thanks for the lovely card!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Thank you Rach for a fantastic evening it was very kind of you.
Hope you are feeling better Della, no ill effects here, but I think I have built up immunity from working with snotty 3 to 5 year olds!
Love to all
Sue x
horace

My main problem would be finding somewhere to put OH!

DJ007

Hi all.

Della, your germs are definitely shy and retiring - no ill effects here either.

Re next meet up, don't think we should go any further north next time as it makes it difficult for Rach Harp and Heather.
I'll be happy to host at some point though - house not massive, but can get 6-8 round the table!

Dx

horace

I really enjoyed the evening-it was great to be so private and relaxed.
No ill effects here Della 🙂
Next one.....I would offer to host one but my house is tiny.
I guess we could look at March and if a restaurant Shrewsbury is central of course.
It's difficult isnt it 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Della!!! All fine at this end, no coughs or sneezes but I think this definitively proves that healthy living isnt all its cracked up to be. I was dosed up on sparkly which clearly acted as some kind of alcohol barrier............
Thanks for coming the other night ladies I had a fab time, what do you all think about the next one?????
Rach
Historygirl

What a fantastic evening! Many thanks to Daff, the hostess with the mostest. Sorry you couldn't make it Rach, but hopefully we'll see you at the next meet up when you'll be firing on all cylinders.

Now an apology. I felt fine on Tuesday evening but by Wednesday morning I was coughing, spluttering and sneezing and have been welded to my mug of lemsip ever since. This means I must have been full of germs at the get together. Really sorry if anyone else comes down with the lurgy as a result (hangs head in shame).

Della x

horace

We missed you Rachel 🙂
We had a wonderful evening-good food great company and beautiful surroundings-not to mention Cookie the congenial cat:)
Thanks daff for your hospitality xx

harp1970

Hello all

Hope you had a lovely time and really wish i could have made it. Thank you Della for offering to pick me up. Wish I'd read my messages before today!!! Actually I'm not sure I would be able to sit for long enough-seem to get a lot of pain when I sit up for very long. Apart from that I'm doing well and able to drive a little way too so i can get out a bit. Will definitely be up for next meet and will be at home until middle of March soo can do any day really. I miss you all.

Hamley-welcome to our little group. Hope we get to meet you soon. I was diagnosed 2 years ago today and have had lumpectomy, FEC_T chemo, bilateral mastectomy and rads. Just recovering from hysterectomy/oopherectomy after discovering 2 suspicious cysts on my ovaries. I am a BRCA 2 carrier so decided to have everything removed to reduce risk of another cancer. I remember being in the middle of chemo and it all felt so endless at the time. All I can say is hang on in there and moan, chat, offload onto us. We will all be here for you whenever you need us.

Love to you all Rachel x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sue, all donations gratefully accepted.
Val I am sure your eton mess will be an eaten mess by the end of the evening, and will be lovely.
I hope where possible, no one is driving and we can share a glass or two of something chilled?
Looking forward to it!
Rach