Is is considered recurrences?

Hi All,

My history is that I was diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer in November 2013. I had a 37mm tumour and a few stray cells were found in my sentinel node, although this was still classed as node negative. Had WLE X 2 for clear margins followed by 6 FEC75 and 18 rads with 5 boosters tagged on at the end. Had prophylactic double mastectomy in Dec 2015, and there was no evidence of disease in the breast tissue removed. Fast forward to around Sept last year and I noticed a tightening under my arm along with a torpedo shaped lump. Stupidly, thought it was scar tissue so sat on it for 2 months. Finally went to see my BCN, and although she reassured me she thought it was scar tissue, she arranged a US scan to the area just to be sure. So today I was back at the hospital, and they have found “something that shouldn’t be there”, Its one of my lymph nodes near my SNB scar which appears enlarged and so I had 4 biopsies taken and am now back in the waiting room. Am much calmer than I was last time around, but still feel crap. My question is, if this does turn out to be BC (which they more or less said was the case) is it classed as local recurrence or mets? Has anyone gone through a similar experience for it to turn out benign? Sitting on my own shaking at the mo ??

Hi Weeannie,

Sorry to hear you have this anxiety again.  If it was bc, presumably it would be a recurrance as it would still be contained in the breast. Anyway, hopefully, it won’t come to that & it is scar tissue. 

ann x

Hi Weeannie,

I hope you’re okay. 

I had what sounds like a similar lump in my armpit in October. It turned out to be scar tissue. 

Sending you a big hug! xxxx

Thank you so much for your replies Ann and Buster. Head all over the place. It seemed to me that the  radiologist was convinced that it’s a recurrence at least and I did hear him mention the word confirmation to his colleague. It’s good to hear that it might be benign. If you don’t mind me asking Buster, how many biopsies did they take from your lump? Hugs to you both X 

Hi Weannie

How are you feeling today lovey? I’m giving out free hugs too - big long tight ones. Here it comes >>>>>>

I guess you’re waiting on path results are you? Any idea how long?

Fingers crossed for good results. Will you keep us informed what’s going on.

Much love

Dellypoos xxxx

Thank you for your replies ladies.

Feeling pretty crappy Delly. Work in the labs in the hospital I had my biopsies, and it’s absolute agony not looking at my results. But path is not my field, so would end up scaring myself even more if I did look. Thanks for the hugs, does help to know that people understand. 

Think one one biopsy is normal Buster, that’s another reason I’m panicking, coz they took four. Still will just have to wait and see what comes. Will let you know when my results come in XXX

Thank you again Buster and Delly. Still in the waiting room and worrying about what’s ahead. Will take on board you’re advice, but it’s so hard when your not sure what’s happening next ?. Hugs to you both X x

Still no word ladies. The suspense is killing me. My BCN has said that she’ll phone me as soon as she sees the results are posted. You’ve definitely had an eventful weekend Jayne. Hope that both you and your brother-in- law are doing ok today. Big hugs X X 

I can hardly believe that I’m typing this, but my consultant got it wrong!  My lump has turned out to be fibrosis caused by previous SN surgery, and fat necrosis caused by my DIEP reconstruction. I’m so relieved that I could cry!! And they don’t want to see me again til September. Feeling very very blessed. Thank you so much for your words of comfort and encouragement while I was I was in a very dark place. It really helped me and made me feel so much better. Hugs to all ??

Thanks Delly. Off for a weeks break to a lovely lodge not too far from where I live  in Scotland with hubby. Our 15 year old dog is also accompanying us and I just can’t wait now. Some wine will be drank and good times had, that’s for sure. We’re so relieved. Was expecting to come back to onc appointments and all that entails, so feeling fab!!! Hope things are looking up for you and your BIL Buster. Love and hugs X Ann X 

Hi Delly, Sorry for the tardy response! Enjoying our wee break in Piperdam near Dundee. It’s snowing here and is truly magical!! But…there’s no internet connection available in the lodge, and because it’s a bit remote, there’s no 4G signal either. We’re from Aberdeen so it’s only just over an hours drive from home to get here. Perfect place to recharge batteries though! Took our pet buggy with us so that we can take our old pooch out on walks. Getting some funny looks as people look in to see our gorgeous old fur baby instead of the expected gorgeous human baby. A lot of smiles. Been fab after the last weeks worry. Hope all’s well with you. And hope your feeling better Jane and that BIL is coping with his injury. Sending you both big hugs X X Ann X X