Is it cancer?

I am 28 and have had a lump in my left breast just under the nipple for about 9 years, it hasn’t changed at all but I have been really scared to gave it checked out. Had a baby 6 months ago so I’m worried about having cancer more and leaving him.

Hi Vixen80

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you have come to the right place for support. As the majority of breast problems are not cancer please try not to worry unduly, but please do go to your GP and get it checked out, even if it’s only for peace of mind.

I have put for you below links to 2 of BCC’s publications that you may find useful to read. You can download these directly or order a copy to be posted out to you, free of charge. If you feel you need to have a chat with a breast care nurse then please do phone the BCC helpline where you can talk in confidence about your breast problem. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm.

Breast awareness: breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/40

Referral to a breast clinic: breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/59

I hope this helps. Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

yea as jo said its unlikely to be cancer. but go to the docs and get it checkd out. is the lump firm/movable? did u breast feed ur baby? it may be a blocked duct or something if its near the nipple. it could be many things. try not to worry. x