Is it just eczema or should I be worried?

Hi everyone, I don’t really know how to start this so I’ll just jump straight into it.

A few weeks before Christmas I noticed a red patch of dry scaly skin on my right arm, near the armpit. I thought nothing of it seeing as it’s winter and I often suffer from dry skin, but I’ve never had eczema. So I just slapped on some cream and left it. But then a few days later, I noticed the skin on and around my right nipple was dry and flaking. Again, I thought nothing of it and assumed it’s just eczema or winter skin.

But it hasn’t gone away, no creams have helped and the skin around my nipple is just getting worse. It gets really itchy at times, especially when I’m asleep so I find myself scratching like mad. Also, a clear pus seeps out a little but I don’t know if that’s because I scratched too much. I also get throbbing pain in the breast, like growing pains.

I ofcourse googled these symptoms and discovered Pagets disease of the breast, but it’s very rare for a woman of my age to get it (I’m 21) so I’m just not sure. I know I should go to the doctor but I suffer from agoraphobia and it’s extremely hard for me to get out of the house. I’m at a loss of what to do.

Hi EvieDova

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  It might help to give our Helpline a call for information and support.  Calls are free (from landlines and most mobile networks) and confidential.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator