cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have pagets at 20?

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to have pagets at 20?

Thanks so much for your replies. I went to the doctor about it and she prescribed some kind of cream. It looks like it's getting better, so most likely is just an infection or something.
I really appriciate your replies.

Thanks,
Cat

Hi Cat

http://www.cancernz.org.nz/SupportServices/Helpline/

will take you to a New Zealand helpline, which is staffed by experienced nurses and who may be able to answer your questions.

All the best

Ann

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Cat
Please, please just go and get it checked out.
I was diagnosed with pagets in April this year, I was 41 - much younger than the average age for Pagets which is 62!
My cancer localised - to my prognosis is excellent.
The odds are against it being anything sinister as it could also be lots of other things, and if it is an infection, you still need something from your doctor to clear it up!!

Please let us know how you get on - we all love hearing good news!!
Lisa

Hi Cat,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care chat forums. It's always advisable to have any changes in the breast checked out by your doctor to be on the safe side.

I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication on Paget's disease you may find it helpful to read. As you are in New Zealand the helpline probably wouldn't be much use to you due to the time difference, but you can use the Ask the Nurse email service if you feel this will help answer any questions you may have after reading the publication, I've also put you the link to that as well.

You will no doubt find that the users of this forum are very knowledgeable and support each other immensely, so there's always someone here for you.

Padgets: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=704

Ask the Nurse: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=119

I hope this helps. Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Hello Cat

I think you should go to the doctor and find out what this is. Otherwise you'll continue to worry and the only way to set your mind at rest is to find out for sure.

Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Anthi x

Guest user
Not applicable

Is it possible to have pagets at 20?

Hi,
I understand how silly this probably sounds, but want to know whether I should go to the doctor or not.

For the last 2 or 3 weeks i have had what originally looked like eczema on my left nipple. It has gotten far worse despite using eczema creams. It has been weeping a lot and it is too uncomfortable to wear a bra. I'm only 20 years old, but have never had eczema. My auntie has had breast cancer (the usual type) at the age of 50, and 2 of my grandparents died of other types of cancer in their 50's.

I would like to know whether i should spend the money to go to the doctor (I'm currently in New Zealand), or whether i should not worry and just persist with eczema treatments.

Thanks, I understand you guys probably get this post over and over again,

cat