71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my shoulder/neck pain mean I have cancer??

3 REPLIES 3
lisamo

Re: Is my shoulder/neck pain mean I have cancer??

I would go to the breast clinic. . I had a scare last week - turned out nothing serious but the neck and back pain was also bad. . Think it was the stress and worry - once I got the all clear the neck and back pain cleared over a few days . Good luck and get the referral
poemsgalore

Hi Rose

So sorry you are having this worry right now and no I don't think you're crazy! The only way you can know for sure is to go to your GP and request a referral to your local breast clinic. Even if it turns out to be nothing serious, you need your mind putting at rest. Anything out of the ordinary MIGHT be cancer, so it's always worth getting it checked. 

AND DO NOT GOOGLE, but I think you already know that. Just stick to this site, the Macmillan or the Cancer Research UK site. 

Sending hugs and wishing you well. 

poemsgalore xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Sceardrose,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon with some much needed support.

In the meantime could I suggest that you make an appointment to see your GP as soon as possible as all changes to the breast should be checked out, but pointing out that the majority of breast problems are not cancer but still need checking.  You are also more than welcome to give our helpline team a ring and talk to them about your concerns.  Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2  the number is 0808 800 6000, calls are free.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

SceardRose

Is my shoulder/neck pain mean I have cancer??

Ok first time posting. Here I go. Ps. I know you will think I'm crazy. Lol

About a month ago around sept. 10 2014. I started having little pain on the side of my left breast n under arm then my left arm felt heavy n tingly. This went on for almost a week. Then my whole left breast started to hurt on the inside... So from then on I went crazy with Google symptoms that obviously did NOT help. BTW i do feel a lump in my breast near my armpit where there is pain... Ok. Now it has been a month later the heavy arm numbness went away. Breast pain comes n goes not as bad as before. But not the main issue is my shoulder shoulder blade n neck pain that goes on almost everyday. I might ad. I check my breasts everyday there's no redness or discharge or weird looking nipple. I'm only having neck shoulder pain that is so annoying My question is. Can you have breast cancer with my symptoms of pain without breast redness or discharge or thickening ??? I'm so sceard. ThAnk you