Is this Normal

I am going next week for my 8th and final Tax i was on AC for 4 sessions my hair fell out around the 18th day completly bald It started 2 grow again on my 4th AC i am now experiencing hair loss again its about quarter inch now has anybody grew there hair to find it falling out agin is this normal im devastated

hi elaine-r

Sorry I can’t help you because I didn’t have chemo. I’m just bumping this up. There will be someone on here who can help.

J x

I had lovely thick hair, didn’t do the cold cap, so had it shaved when it started to drop out everywhere. After my third FEC i did have a lot of re growth, in fact on top it was quite thick and I had a bit of a ‘fringe’ which i hid under my wig… However started TAX and it just disapperared overnight. I still have a slight covering of white stuff, but its not hair and what was there has clearly gone with the tAX treatment along with my eyebrows and eylashes and nearly every bit of bodily hair i had! I am told it will grow back an am watching it daily for re growth (now my tax has finished) can’t see anything yet though but watch this space…

Im watching how long ago did you finish treatment how many TAX did you have

Hi, I had three TAX and only finished the last TAX last week… (so a bit too early I think but I am hopeful…!)

Hi, I had 4 FEC, 1 TAX, then moved onto 3 Abraxane…
Lost my hair after first FEC, then it started to grow.
Am now on day 16 of 1st Abraxane and yesterday it started falling out again.
I too am upset, even although its really only ‘fluff’ thats falling out. Keep reminding myself that this means the chemo is getting to work… but it is hard.
Marguerite

you are not wrong i was in floods of tears yday was hard first time round was made up with my quarter inch didnt imagine i wud be doing it again cant beleive it

Hi Elaine… I have been debating all day whether to shave my head or not? I shaved it when it started falling out first time, and I do think that it helped it grow back a little quicker(albeit fuzz)…
But I fear that it will be more emotional this time, I never thought that I would have to do it again.
Thankfully children are on holiday, so I can have a little cry (if I can get the guts to do it)
Marguerite

ive had that debate with myself today as well. ive not the guts either i liked having a little hair its better than nothing let me no your decision