cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this ever going to end!!

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

Re: Is this ever going to end!!

Hi Poppy, I'm feeling a bit better today and waterworks seem back to normal. I'm hoping.to get out for a walk tomorrow need to get some normality back xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair. Pleased to hear that your op has gone well. I was lucky enough not to have the trapped wind after the op but I remember the nurse saying it could be felt as far up as your shoulders!  It also took me ages to go to the loo I think its because they empty your bladder so you need to give it time to fill back up. Hope you are starting to feel much better. Big hugs....xx

Highlighted

oh I get that reaction to hospital dressings too - pink and itchy. Hope the antibiotics do their stuff quickly so you can finish healing. I had an infection after my abdominal surgery, two different lots of antibiotics then when I finally thought it was healed one of the internal stitches decided to work its way to the surface rather than just quietly dissolving! Anyway, hope you soon start feeling much better, have you got plenty of time off work? x

Highlighted

Great I've now got an infected tummy button!!! antibiotics 4 x a day and steroid cream.
Highlighted

Hi liz, luckily It all dissappeared pretty quickly then came the itching they used surgical glue as I'm allergic to hydrofilm but it seems I'm also.allergic to that and now I think I might have an infection so of to.the drs tomorrow. Otherwise I feel really good no pain just itching a bit tender. Xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair

glad to hear all went well and you're back home but oooh I can empathise with the trapped wind etc. I find any of the opiate based pain killers make me really constipated (as well as giving me a headache) so the tramadol may not be helping. I have found a microwave hotpack really helpful, either on my belly or draped over my back when I get abdominal pain. Hope things get moving soon xx

Highlighted

Everything went really well they managed to just take the cyst and everything else is looking healrhy, I was awake earlier than normal and felt great no sickness or anything else I normally get
I managed to get home earlier today
Now however I'm in agony with trapped wind and don't know what to do with myself!!!
I've had peppermint tea,.hubby massaged my back and arms and I've had 2 tramodal which.has taken off the edge
I also had trouble going to the loo before I left but did manage to get some out and that's still playing up.!
I shouldn't complain as it has been successful but maybe being.put of it all day would skip this bit
Thank you for all your messages and love and brilliant photos Xxxxx
Highlighted

I love that picture Rubycat. Clair will be thinking of you all day tomorrow and hoping this will sort the rotten pain out. You've been incredible to keep going xxx
Highlighted

Sending you a hug for today Clair - so nearly there and this horrible pain and anxiety will be gone. Cat Very Happyxxx

Image result for happy animals hugging
Highlighted

Thank you for your support its good to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this
Much love xxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair, also sending support and a hug. I think its really difficult, having been through what you've been through recently, not to let this affect you - it all kind of gets jumbled up together and taps back into previous emotions etc as well as worry about the coming op so no wonder you're finding it hard to be all upbeat and normal! I had my first annual mammo last week - even though I'm not expecting it to show anything too worrying it still sent me into a spin which I haven't fully come out of yet. Hopefully, once the op is over and you've had a bit of time to heal you'll be pain free and feeling much more like yourself again xx

Highlighted

Hi Clair.  I can understand how you are feeling. It really does feel like it's never ending. I am a bit like you and tend to rather be by myself, but that gives you more thinking time! I wasn't in too much pain afterwards, just a bit uncomfortable. A bit like an ache. I took normal paracetamol for a few days then I didn't need anything.  With key hole surgery recovery seems to be much quicker. I had a lazy few days and then was up and about. The hardest part is yet again waiting for the results which take 2/3 weeks. I will be thinking of you on Thursday and you know I am here if you have any questions or need any support. Sending you bits hugs..xx

Highlighted

Xxxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Clair

Tough pants with you for the next few days now, we will all be there holding your hand and looking forward to you being the other side of the op and sorted my lovely friend.  It is very natural to want to just have your family round you at this time, they know you and you can be totally yourself with them.

Sending you a gentle hug

Helena xxxx

Highlighted

Clair, can you take Weds off work, so you can have a bit of time?. Can understand why you need to hunker down with family. Will be in your pocket this week waving Pom poms and cheerleading you xx
Highlighted

Well it's only 4 more days to go before the op and the depression has hit in big time.
I'm finding it difficult to .be around anyone else than my family. I've just shut myself away and can't help but think that something will go wrong or they'll find something nasty.
I'm in work up until Wednesday normally I can be a different person there but I'm even struggling with that. They are so understanding and just let me be.
I'm going to try my best to get through the next few days. Poppy was it really painful afterwards? Any tips on pain relief, did you use a hot water bottle etc xxx
Highlighted

Thank you Katy I'll look into it, I'm lucky that I've been able to stay on the same Teva brand I just think all the stress of this added cyst etc hasn't helped as well.
I had my Pre op today and it went really well so I'm ready to go! Just got to wait for the day now and get my life back on track and the best news of the day is my blood test came back within normal levels so that's that hurdle out of the way xxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair  I am on Arimidex and am experiencing bone pain.  I have arthritis in few places but the pain is increasing at the moment.  I have also noticed that my right hip gets uncomfortable if I sleep on it too long.  Also I have noticed that I have had some headaches but it seems that these are intermittent.  Normally my arthritis can be triggered by tomato based sauces, some people are affected by dairy products.  Maybe you are affected by something in your diet?  Perhaps make a note of what you have eaten prior to the pain increasing and you may find a trigger.  I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Clair I hope today has been a better day. Thinking of you lots xx
Highlighted

Hi Clair. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I think everyone who reads this can relate to your post. Every time you have a lump, bump ache or pain it takes you back to when you are first diagnosed. You then have to tell yourself to stop jumping to conclusions!! The other thing I have noticed is if you change brands of tamoxifen the side effects are different. The pharmacy does tend the stock the brand that is the cheapest at the time ( that's what I was told) which could mean a different one every month. Our bodies are confused enough! If you find a brand that suits you try and stick to the same one. Usually if you explain they will order in the one you need. Not sure if that helps but we are here for you. Sending big hugs..xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

hi Clair, so sorry to hear about how you're feeling...
sending cyber (((hugs)))
xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Clair

Oh absolutely it has.  I had quite a bad spell last week, very low anxious and I really did not know what was the matter with me, had a similar sort of thing happen a couple of weeks ago as well.  It has got to be the tamoxifen because that is not like me at all.  I have managed to get outside in the garden the past few days and I have really felt it lift from me.

Always there for you mate whenever you need us

Helena xxx

Highlighted

I didn't think.of that Helena thank you xx maybe it is the tamoxifen I tell you it's got a lot to answer for.
Thank you for just being here, I know I can just sound off when I need to xxxx
Highlighted

Clair a huge hug for you and so sorry you're having a tough tough time. All this waiting is horrible for you. I'm sure the drugs aren't helping. Loads of love xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Clair

I dont know how much help this will be but I have had a pain in my hip on and off regularly, some days are worse than others with it.  I am sure it is the tamoxifen, I also have days when I just have a constant headache during the day, usually then I am up and down every couple of hours during the night, again I am sure it is the tamoxifen that is causing it.  Why dont you make an apt with your GP on Tuesday to get the cough checked out, there are a lot of viruses going round at the moment and perhaps you have picked one up.

May be you need to not try so hard to put on a smiley face all the time and just let the folks around you know that you are not ok xx 

Sending you a lovely squidgy hug mate

Helena xxxxx

Highlighted

So the panic attacks have started and I'm having terrible nightmares. I've had an awful cough for nearly 2 weeks, the pain in my hip, the headache that won't go away I've managed to convince myself they're all something worse it's supid I know.
Normally in the easter holidays we go off and have lovely days out I've only managed 1/2 of what we used to as I'm always tired or in pain and I feel very guilty about it.
Sorry I just have to get this out, I'm just so fed up I thought things would get better not worse. Everyone around me thinks I'm ok because I put on the smiley face etc I just don't know how much longer I can do this.
Highlighted

That's fab news Poppy, enjoy Easter and thank you for your support xxxx
Highlighted

Happy Easter News. Results from my recent Gyny op have come back clear. Xx

Highlighted

Hi Clair. Pleased you have a date. Being as I had the same op, if I can help in anyway just let me know. I am still waiting for my results. It has been 3 weeks, surely they should have them by now? I think I will give them a call tomorrow. I've gone back to work this week. It's been OK just tired at the end of the day. I am hoping that will get easier with time. Sending big hugs. Xx

Highlighted

Ive got my operation date through!! it'll be on the 11th May so not long now xx
Highlighted

Hi Poppy, oh yes I frequently have moments of how the heck did that happen and then have a total meltdown.
I get very frustrated with life and how much things have changed. I used to have lots.of energy and could easily do my job now I get tired really quickly and can't remember things and I hate taking the tamoxifen as it's a daily reminder.
I'm glad your boss is supportive and just like you I feel like I let people down although they are all fantastic and totally supportive which makes me feel even worse silly isn't it because I know that I'd be the one telling them to take it easy and rest up I wish I could take my own advice.
We need to be kinder to ourselves.
Take care my lovely xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair. That's good that they acting so quickly. It's also good to have someone to listen to your needs and discuss it with you. Sounds like you are having the same op as me. Hopefully you wont have to wait too long for your appointment. I never really had a breast care nurse.  I only needed tamoxifen and after that appointment I never had any contact with them. I am lucky that I have a very supportive manager. Spoke to him yesterday and he has already said I can work hours to suit me till I fully recover. The problem with me if I need to leave early or have a day wfh I feel that I am letting people/myself down. It's hard to give in and rest. You just want to do what you did before bc and its hard to realise you can't. Do you have times when you are still shocked that this has happened to you? I feel like I am in a bubble sometimes and life just carries on around you. Anyway if I keep talking like that I will get all emotional! I blame the hormones!! Keep in touch Lots of love..xx

Highlighted

Hello Poppy 

I'm feeling more positive , I've just got back from the hospital where I met a lovely consultant who told me his wife has just finished treatment for breast cancer too how weird is that we had a good old chat anyway I've also had a blood test to rule out ovarian cancer !!!! After a lengthy discussion and a very firm I'm not allowed to stop the tamoxifen he said I need a op to remove the cyst and ovary in a few weeks not sure of the date yet. A bit more waiting but a least it'll be gone.

Have you got any access to occupational health they were really helpful for me and gave me advice on returning to work etc your dr or work place should be able to get you access to them .

My breast care nurse is really good at advice can you still access yours if not try the gyne team they should be able to support you. I've heard about sage helping and my friend swears by the magnet things . I went back to work to soon as I just wanted to move on and forget everything ! it didn't work though I'm now back on a 4 day week . 

I really hope you get your answers quickly waiting and worry is awful and nothing anyone says helps , hold on in there my lovely and listen to your body  xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Clair.  How did your appointment go. I really hope you got some answers. Mine did drag on for a year but I wasn't in any pain so hopefully they will act quicker for you. I have just come back from the doctors. My op was two weeks today to remove cysts/ovaries and tubes. I wanted to make sure everything was OK.  When I had bc (2014)  i think i went back to work too soon. Having learnt from that, was trying to get some advice. Bit of a waste of time, should be OK to drive, should be OK to go back to work, didn't know when I could start jogging and didn't know if I could take sage with tamoxifen. Like you find myself being menopausal and my friend mentioned that sage helps with hot flushes. Not the answers I wanted as it seems it all down to how I feel. I'm not very good at deciding how I feel and need someone to tell me! I am also still waiting for the results from my op which is difficult. So back to work I go tomorrow, am I ready...who knows!! Hope you are ok?..xx

Highlighted

Hello Poppy, 

I'm so sorry to read about your situation and yep sadly it never goes away I wish I could just go back to the way it was. I try to just get in with things but my body likes to remind me that not only am I now in the throes of an induced  menopause but also now I've got the gyne problems. 

I've got my gyne appointment tomorrow re my cyst and thickening womb lining I really hope they do something as I'm in constant pain. 

If I could turn back time I think I would have made a few changes and not taken the blooming tamoxifen in fact I might talk to the bcn team about stopping it . Sorry I'm going on a bit 🙁 

Xxxx 

Highlighted

I think once you go back to work that's it you are back to normal! It's not like you want any special treatment or people asking you every five mins if you are ok. I know I would just say "I'm fine" every time! Ha ha. I think we should all be very proud of how we deal with cancer. It does get easier I just think it never really goes away. II its not yourself,its something on tv, in the paper, charity bag landing on your doormat. It is all a reminder.

t's tiring going back to work, but it's good to have something else to focus on. Hope it is going well for you. X

x

Highlighted

lots of help(thankfully) from friends and family, 4 months post op and 2 months post radiotherapy, I'm meant to be fine too! I'm fortunately working now and barely get a How are you? Even though I'm knackered most of the time! We don't expect each other here to be fine even if the world does 🙂
Highlighted

Poppy that's a hell of a lot to cope with.How can you possibly be fine!? People don't get it...after about 6 months of no work and lo
Highlighted

Hi Ladies. Wasn't really sure where to add what I wanted to say but I liked this heading. I had BC in 2014 with mastectomy and then a recon 6 months later.Although I can be an emotional wreck at times I was getting my life back. Then Jan 2016 I was told I had two cysts on my ovaries and they would monitor them. Waiting for appointments results was traumatic. Now get to 2017 and they have decided to take them out. I was totally shocked when I went to my appointment, they told me because of BC history and the results my C125  they had decided to take my tubes and ovaries. I had the op on 22nd March and I'm now waiting for the results of that. It seems like you get over one op and start to think you will be OK and then something else tests you. It is all very exhausting. I also get fed up of comments like "glad you're ok" "it will be fine" we are not fine, we are just very good at coping and hiding our feelings. No one on the outside really understands. Sorry starting to moan now! I love this site for just being able to say what you want and most of the time someone will have been in the same place and can support you. I could also do with some new friends but that's another story!! Thanks for listening.. xx

Highlighted

Hello from the other side! Clair I hope you sleep soundly tonight xx
Highlighted

I do feel much happier now I've talked it through with her. That sounds.really good Rubycat I hope the amitriptyline works for me the lack of sleep is a nightmare.
I'll let you know how I get on xx
Highlighted

Really pleased to hear this Clair.  My doc has just started me on amitriptyline - just 10g at night. Unbelieveably I am getting better sleep (even though still have to haul myself out to the loo, but do go back to sleep).  I don't sit staring at the ceiling or waking in the middle of the night with the back pain and not getting back to sleep. Hope it is as good for you. She warned that I might be dozy in the morning (nothing new there), but have been ok.  Not going to up it to 2 tablets yet as I feel ok on just one.  She sounds a good Doc to have gone through it all with you, although still horrible having to wait for your gyne appointment, at least you now know that it will be done as quickly as possible.  Lots and lots of love - I'm resting on your behalf as well & hope the tabs stop the pain (actually can't be arsed to do much - got some good books to read!)  Cat Very Happyxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

So glad you're feeling better, Clair
x
Highlighted

Thank you my lovelies,
I had a lovely chat with the Dr she' s given me a higher dose of naproxen tablets, some mepredaec and buscopan and
amitriptyline for night time so hopefully that'll help. She said that my gyne appointment has already been fast tracked through and in view of waiting times I'm lucky.
She also reassured me about my sisters condition and said it's a totally different thing and try not to worry but did say there is a link with ovaries and Bc that's why they refered me.
She was very sympathetic and made me feel a lot better. I'm resting at home today to let the tablets kick in and will see how I feel tomorrow.
Lv Clair xxxx
Highlighted

Clair, sending you love and hugs. So sorry that you're having to wait so long - you really shouldn't have to. Glad you can get to the Docs - don't hold back and like others have said, tell exactly how difficult and painful this wait is. Thinking of you. Cat Happyxxx

Highlighted

Clair I hope your GP can chivvy your appointment up and get you seen sooner. Be really honest about what this is doing to you. Big hugs flower xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi. Clair,

So sorry to hear the pain is still a problem, good luck with the dr tomorrow & roll on the gynaecologist appointment. 

There really should be no link between your sisters treatment & yourself, also having treatment for pre-cancerous cells on the cervix is very common & usually does not go onto cause a problem. 

take care

ann x

Highlighted

Only 3 more weeks to wait for this gyne appointment. Still in constant pain and trying really hard to be positive but it's hard. My painkillers aren't helping so I'm off to the drs tomorrow to see if she can help. To add to my anxiety I found out yesterday my younger estranged sister has recently had pre cancerous cells removed from her cervix. I know it's a virus linked thing but I'm still worried 😞
Highlighted

Thank you Lizred hope your doing ok?
xxx luckily I'm still on a 4 day week at work until mid April then.hopefully I'll know more after my gyne appointment. All this waiting is still stressful but I just have to get through xxx
Highlighted

Hi Clair, sorry to hear you've been having more medical things going on - it does get exhausting, wondering what's the next thing your body's going to come up with doesn't it?! Hope they manage to sort things soon and its nothing too worrying. I had a vaginal ultrasound a few months ago and the follow up letter mentioned a 3.5 cm cyst on one ovary which apparently is 'nothing to be concerned about'. Ha ha, like its that easy when you're just getting over a major health scare. Know what you mean about the 'work face' too - its exhausting trying to just be normal when you don't feel like that inside.

Glad you did come here and vent - its the perfect place to do just that xx