Is this ever going to end!!

I was diagnosed in July with high grade Dcis I had 2 ops and radiotherapy that finished in November and tamoxifen that started in Sept. I thought things would start getting better and I’d eventually feel ok but No! I’ve now got a large cyst on my ovary and the lining of my womb is thickening, I’m constantly in pain I’m taking strong painkillers everyday just to get through I do have a gyne referral for April and I’m terrified that something more sinister is going on.
I’m tired of feeling like this and it’s affecting work, home and everything. I’m also worried that if I need an operation and need more time off work how will I cope financially as I won’t get paid now.
When is this ever going to end I’m exhausted
Sorry I just need to vent it out
Lv Clair

Oh Clair, bless you, I didn’t realise this was the outcome of your recent tests. I’m so sorry you have an additional worry ontop of the bc earlier in the year. You do know the stats don’t you, that the chances of this being ‘something sinister’ especially connected to your bc are so low right, but doesn’t stop the extreme anxiety does it?! Has there been any comment about a possible tamoxifen connection ?

Clair

Oh mate it is no wonder you want to vent, and so you know this is the best place to do it because we are all there for you my friend.  I wish that there was something I could say or do that would make it better for you, but I know there isnt however, always there for you.

Big Helena huggle

Helena xxx

<3 xx thank you both for your kind words, the radiologist that did my scan said she thinks the thickening might be linked to the tamoxifen but didn’t know about the cyst. I asked the bcn who spoke to the consultant who said it would be really rare if the tamoxifen caused it but someone else they’ve treated has had the same problem. I just don’t know. It’s just wearing me down xx

oh Clair, so sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time at the mo. Being in pain & discomfort can be so demoralising, so please dont be sorry.
Ovarian cysts are not uncommon & are mostly ok, but the timing so soon after your treatment is certainly not helpful.
sending hugs
ann xxx

Hi clair

I had a pelvic MRI because I had some suspicious looking fybroids, but it was fine. But because of this I was put on letrozole and zoladex, and was advised not to use tamoxifen. Maybe they will change your hormone therapy.

Just wanted to send you a hug x

Thank you Lizred hope your doing ok?
xxx luckily I’m still on a 4 day week at work until mid April then.hopefully I’ll know more after my gyne appointment. All this waiting is still stressful but I just have to get through xxx

Only 3 more weeks to wait for this gyne appointment. Still in constant pain and trying really hard to be positive but it’s hard. My painkillers aren’t helping so I’m off to the drs tomorrow to see if she can help. To add to my anxiety I found out yesterday my younger estranged sister has recently had pre cancerous cells removed from her cervix. I know it’s a virus linked thing but I’m still worried :frowning:

Clair I hope your GP can chivvy your appointment up and get you seen sooner. Be really honest about what this is doing to you. Big hugs flower xxx

Thank you my lovelies,
I had a lovely chat with the Dr she’ s given me a higher dose of naproxen tablets, some mepredaec and buscopan and
amitriptyline for night time so hopefully that’ll help. She said that my gyne appointment has already been fast tracked through and in view of waiting times I’m lucky.
She also reassured me about my sisters condition and said it’s a totally different thing and try not to worry but did say there is a link with ovaries and Bc that’s why they refered me.
She was very sympathetic and made me feel a lot better. I’m resting at home today to let the tablets kick in and will see how I feel tomorrow.
Lv Clair xxxx

So glad you’re feeling better, Clair
x

I do feel much happier now I’ve talked it through with her. That sounds.really good Rubycat I hope the amitriptyline works for me the lack of sleep is a nightmare.
I’ll let you know how I get on xx

Hello from the other side! Clair I hope you sleep soundly tonight xx

Hi Ladies. Wasn’t really sure where to add what I wanted to say but I liked this heading. I had BC in 2014 with mastectomy and then a recon 6 months later.Although I can be an emotional wreck at times I was getting my life back. Then Jan 2016 I was told I had two cysts on my ovaries and they would monitor them. Waiting for appointments results was traumatic. Now get to 2017 and they have decided to take them out. I was totally shocked when I went to my appointment, they told me because of BC history and the results my C125  they had decided to take my tubes and ovaries. I had the op on 22nd March and I’m now waiting for the results of that. It seems like you get over one op and start to think you will be OK and then something else tests you. It is all very exhausting. I also get fed up of comments like “glad you’re ok” “it will be fine” we are not fine, we are just very good at coping and hiding our feelings. No one on the outside really understands. Sorry starting to moan now! I love this site for just being able to say what you want and most of the time someone will have been in the same place and can support you. I could also do with some new friends but that’s another story!! Thanks for listening… xx

Poppy that’s a hell of a lot to cope with.How can you possibly be fine!? People don’t get it…after about 6 months of no work and lo

lots of help(thankfully) from friends and family, 4 months post op and 2 months post radiotherapy, I’m meant to be fine too! I’m fortunately working now and barely get a How are you? Even though I’m knackered most of the time! We don’t expect each other here to be fine even if the world does :slight_smile:

Hi Poppy, oh yes I frequently have moments of how the heck did that happen and then have a total meltdown.
I get very frustrated with life and how much things have changed. I used to have lots.of energy and could easily do my job now I get tired really quickly and can’t remember things and I hate taking the tamoxifen as it’s a daily reminder.
I’m glad your boss is supportive and just like you I feel like I let people down although they are all fantastic and totally supportive which makes me feel even worse silly isn’t it because I know that I’d be the one telling them to take it easy and rest up I wish I could take my own advice.
We need to be kinder to ourselves.
Take care my lovely xxxx

Ive got my operation date through!! it’ll be on the 11th May so not long now xx

Happy Easter News. Results from my recent Gyny op have come back clear. Xx

That’s fab news Poppy, enjoy Easter and thank you for your support xxxx