It's a girl thing

I have an idea that this has been discussed elsewhere, but I’ve just seen the BC Pink range in Tesco’s, with the slogan “It’s a girl thing”. Apart from the fact that very little of it would/could I wear, I thought the point of these awareness sessions was also to remind the public that men get BC too. Can anyone tell me if this is Tesco’s own slogan, or being used widely, just so I know who to shout at!
Thanks
Sue

Shout at Cancer Resaerch UK (CRUK) who use it as their campaigning slogan…ugh…

Jane

Yep, blooming CRUK.

Just received a flyer through my door with those exact words emblazoned on the envelope. I really don’t want or need to be told about the 1 in 9 women who develope breast cancer. I’m the 1 in their 9.

Wish CRUK had come up with a better slogan and remembered the guys who also get breast cancer.

Thanks girls, just sent a snotty email to CRUK. Won’t do any good, but made me feel better!
Wrote to M&S after the Fashion against Breast Cancer thing, when again there were few clothes in the BC collection that we could wear, in fact very few items in the entire summer range that we could wear. Didn’t even get the courtesy of a card saying my comments were appreciated, etc etc.

Well done Sue - I did the same to M & S, with the same (lack of) response.

I was really disappointed with their post surgery range too. When i finally plucked up the courage to actually go and have a look at the range I was really miffed. They didn’t appear to make a post-surgery bra bigger than a C-cup! Don’t know whether they have improved the range - i haven’t been back since!

What does it take to make these people listen to us for heavens sake! There’s all us ladies, wanting to spend hard earned cash, or OH’s credit card, and there’s nothing for us to buy!

cant believe all these shops have such frumpy looking bras if you are lucky enough to get one in your size, what about the young and trendy, we have needs too!

Jumping on the bandwagon as I wanted a rant at CRUK.

Don’t like the “its a girl thing” and already fed up of bloomin Pink October, having just finished my treatment; but worse than that, hated the personal phone call I received today.

Have donated small monthly amount to CRUK for many yrs, well before my BC dx this year. Admittedly haven’t raised it in line with inflation, but decided that I’d rather sponsor friends/support events etc than increase monthly DD. Have had various letters through over time asking for me to increase donation; they always irritated me. Today a call from CRUK; very courteous etc, but asking that I double my donation! Also almost made to feel guilty as it’s critical time, ground breaking research into targetted therapies that don’t have so many difficult side effects etc. At this point I explained that I had experienced these difficult side effects this year, but that I didn’t wish to increase my donation at this time. She understood, but that maybe I’d be more able to increase it by just £1/month! I told her no, that this approached really irked me, and I would decide when and if I increased my donation.

I know they do great work and raise most of their money from donations, but is this not a bit off? How much do they “waste” on letters and calls to all existing donators asking to increase their donation?? Did she just catch me on a bad day; what do others think?

Rant over, feel better thanks,

Ax

I had the letter from CRUK today asking for me to increase my monthly donation which I started when my cousin died of breast cancer several years ago. I can’t afford to as I have breast cancer myself. This pink stuff is unbearable, M&S are selling heart shaped ice creams with the pink ribbon logo on what is that about?