Itching as mad!!

Not sure in the right place, but hope you can help anyway. Finished rads last fri, didn’t find it 2 bad. Was warned se could get worse upto 2 wks after rads. Here i am over 2am + couldn’t go 2 sleep because the skin is soooo itchy! Tried washing, putting lots of aqueous cream on. But still itching as mad. Can someone offer some relief? Thanks

I can’t stand aqueous cream - if anything it makes my skin worse. Could be the liquid/white paraffin in it I think. I went to doctors and was prescribed Fulcidin H (think that was it - it was almost 3 yrs ago now) which was a hydrocortisone and antibiotic cream. Worked a treat.

Go and ask for something today - I know how awful that itching is as my skin has always been sensitive and eczema prone. It will be such a relief !

Liz

My skin held up really well during rads but I did have a small patch of itchy skin afterwards that was driving me mad. The GP prescribed me hydrocortisone cream which did the trick. I used it for a week and no further problems. Hope you sort it soon. Px

I had this, but actually during rads and my Dr gave me hydrocortisone and suggested an anti-histamine tablet like piriton to help with the itch.
I now have the same again after reacting to the dressings on my lipofil/new nipple.
Good luck ,hope it eases soon.
Dot
xxx

I had hydracortisone 1% cream aswell from oncologist as i had terrible itchy nipple after Rads but also know people have used 100% aloe vera gel with good results from health stores Julie

Hiya,

I’ve got a very itchy boob and was told to put my cream in the fridge.

It works a treat and when my boob is sore the cold cream really seems to stop the ouch and the itch.

Hope you feel better soon.

Joxx

Try antihistamine pills, same as you would use for hayfever, they stop the itchy feeling. Buy over the counter at any chemist.

Thank you all for your replies. Googled hydrocortisone (never a good idea) and didn’t quite like all the se. Abandoned aqueous cream (didn’t realize that it could be making prob worse) and switched back to E45 (the one I was using before rads). Also put it in the fridge (thanks for the simply idea, Jo). That seems to have worked for now and had 2 nights of peaceful sleep!!! If it hadn’t, would have gone to the GP or rang the Rads department asking them about the hydrocortisone cream.

Thanks xx

Hi all, as you may know, all my BC treatment has taken place in France. When my boob started to get sore and painful from the Radiation I was given a dreadful red liquid called Eosine to paint on it. Awful stuff but it really did help with the burns. At the end of treatment I was given a cream called “Ialuset” to apply twice a day or more often if needed. Wonderful stuff, I now use it on my face, arms legs, anywhere I used to have wrinkes. On my breast I had very little itching but it was quite painful occasionally. Ialuset is Hyaluronique Acid. If you look at the ingredients of expensive anti-wrinkle creams you will find this. My right breast looks smooth and tanned, high and firm and about 30 with a fine line across it, my left looks smooth and white and 64! Perhaps you could buy it in a chemist after clearing it with the BC nurse.?

I took an antihistamine tablet last thing at night and it stopped the itching which was great as it had woken me up the previous night. However then next morning my eyes were so dry and pink and I felt rubbish. Fortunately, the itching has decreased a lot. I am particularly sensitive to antihistamines (fall asleep within 10 minutes after taking Piriton) so may work better for other people. I keep them for dire emergencies. I finished rads on 1st September and already feeling better - hope it doesn’t get bad again at day 10 as I’m feeling as though I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Still best not to anticipate the worst! Off to Dumfries & Galloway later in the month for relaxation in self catering holiday home with fantastic views. Can’t wait.

Hi ya
The itching is insane isn’t it !
My nurse gave me dressing called mepilex last week, it’s for underneath where the rash is worst and its done a treat ! It’s spongy and breathable, took all the itchiness away and dried all of the skin out !!!
I found that cream just made it worse when I used it !
I’ve got another dressing for the top which is just getting itchy now, I’m four days post radiotherapy now !
Hope everyone gets on ok xxx

Hi e45 is great and priten tabs

Hey atat
Hows that itching now :slight_smile:
Mines gone and my skin is just all peeling now !
Made my very last trip to hospital last week for a skin check and all is well and im free now :slight_smile: well till my scans in around january !!! Cancers butt has been kicked :slight_smile:
Hope youre all healing well
Kay x

Ladies - how long was it until the itching went away?? I’m about ready to chop the skin off and be done with it!!! I’ve done 15 standards and now I’m on my 8 boosters. I’m going in search of munch packs? as antihistamine and the hydrocot cream IS NOT working!!:frowning: xx