Itchy eyes

Does anyone have itchy eyes on Tamoxifen. I’m putting it down to the drugs but who knows ? Its pretty much every a now that I have a really itchy spell and I look awful . If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

cally

Hi Cally,
I’m suffering the same thing and my GP tells me it’s eczema. I have had tubes and tubes of steroid cream, which sorts it out at the time, but once I stop using it, it returns. It is not advisable to use steroid cream long term on your face, as it thins the skin. With this in mind I have tried Aveeno cream, Neam cream, and the oil from Evening Primose capsules, all to varying degrees of effectiveness.
Anthing’s worth a try, though.
I wish you well, and if you find anything more effective, please let me know!
Lizx

Hi guys

I have been on Tamoxifen for almost 16 months and only in the last 2 weeks have I been suffering a terrible rash on my eyes and parts of my face.My eyes look like they have been sunburned and my face on parts as if I have been slapped.My neck looks all red,puffy and blotchy to.Been to the doctors twice,was given a mild antihistamine(one a day and diprobase cream,didn’t work,returned to the Doctors who then prescribed a stronger antihistamine(3 a day) still to use diprobase.Asked the Doctor could it be the Tamoxifen,he advised that he had only ever seen one case of it in 22 years(he is a GP)I have had this now for over 2 weeks and still inflamed.Does anyone know if there is anyway of finding out if it is the Tamoxifen that is causing it,as my GP advised to stop the Tamoxifen for one week,and see if rash clears then start again ,if it flares up,could possibly be the Tamoxifen,however not clearing and Tamoxifen will still be in blood stream(I believe),dont know what to do?