Itchy skin

Itchy skin

Itchy skin I finished chemo on March 7 and had my last radiotherapy 3 of April, hooray!!! My problem is that my skin on my lower legs and arms are very itchy especially at night. Has anyone else got this problem?

Snap I finished my e-cmf chemo in dec and rads end Feb. I also experienced extremely itchy skin on legs, arms and stomache which used to drive me insane and seems to get worse when I was warm and also later in the day. I found that as there was no noticable rash anywhere, that covering my skin in cold moisterising lotion helped and it is significantly better now than a month ago. Hope this helps

Tamoxifen? Are you on tamoxifen?

I’ve not had chemo just WLE and rads. I’ve been on tamoxifen for just over 2 years and I itch all the time. I have scratched myself red raw at times. My lower legs and tummy are the itchiest areas - also my head - keep expecting someone to hand me a bottle of nit lotion!

I haven’t been remotely able to get rid of the problem but have made it bearable (just!) by making sure my skin doesn’t get too dry. I tend to have showers rather than baths and to use lots of moisturiser. Aqueous cream is good.

Hope this helps and wish I could have given you a definite solution.

Love

bjj

sorted out the itchiness Thank you for your replies. I spoke to my oncologist last week about this itchiness and she recommended antihistamines as my skin seems to have sensitised due to the chemo. My skin feels much better now.