cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

chascat

Re: Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

Hi Kitcat,

Yes I expect I will feel better once i'm told the details, at the minute my imagination is doing that and that's never a good thing. I do feel like i'm back to square one a bit, feels like the day I was given my diagnosis, the shock, disbelief, terror, why me - you know the drill, but fingers crossed it wont be as bad as i'm fearing. I'm sorry your results weren't as good as you'd hoped, you sound incrediby upbeat and positive - I hope I can be like that too.
You know, I feel so much better already talking to all you lovely ladies.

Take care

CC x

Kitcat

Chascat,
Try not to panic too much, once you know what the problem is and are told what is happening about it then you will feel more in control. I found the worst time was between the doctor saying there was a problem and the two weeks later when I had the ultrasound and I knew from the radiologist that I had more than a cyst.

The vast majority of people even those whose situations are not as good as others, do extremely well as there are so many treatments available and also more are coming along all the time.

My eventual test results have turned out to be worse than I expected but even so, because of the great support here, and the fact I know I am going to get the best treatment the NHS can give me, I am not upset or worried, just going to get on with it and try to stay positive. I've surprised myself really, because I was panic stricken at the start of this!
KC

chascat

Thank you so much Twinky and Maggie for your kind words. I'm a little bit calmer now, long may it last but doubt that it will! My appointment is 11 o'clock on Monday so doubt that i'll have time to ring the helpdesk but will certainly try if i'm organised well enough - doubt that too! It has helped reading everyones posts on here, although I am being selective as I know i'll scare myself, don't feel like i've got a positive bone in my body at the minute. No doubt i'll be on here again, having a breakdown several times before Monday - i'm apologising for it now 🙂 xxx

Margaret_May

Hi Chascat,
I agree with Twinky. Big hugs and hope you can relax over the week end. If your appointment isn't until the afternoon on Monday I recommend the helpline on here. They are wonderful and really know their stuff. I felt so much better when I talked to someone at the beginning of all this when I was terrified and jumping to all sorts of wrong conclusions.
Lynda and Jayne, Thank you for your comments. It really helps to know this is not just me! Will keep taking the pills now and hopefully over the next few weeks it will wear off
Love to all Maggie May X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Chascat

Hi....firstly a big hug for you stumbling in here with your diagnosis. Try not to fret. The reason they won't have committed saying anything to you yet is that they need the test results from the op to determine what sort & stage the cancer is so they then know how to treat it. Surely that's good if the scan of your lymph nodes didn't show anything. Deep breath, they just want to know a bit more about the cancer before they discuss it with you. The good thing is that you'd had the op so it's out of your body now. There's lots if support here & also the helpline so you can talk to someone on a one to one basis & help your nerves a bit. It's only natural to be afraid but there's lots they can do to treat it & we are all here going through similar things.

Twinky x x

Lakeslover

Hi,

Gatecrashing your threat for a moment as my surgery was 20th Dec, and not Jan. I had WLE and ANC.

I found the numbness and pain in my arm mainly, but also shoulder and breast (how can anything be painful and numb together???) was worst around 3 weeks after the op, along with the swelling around the ANC site and I actually had to increase the painkillers then.

Since then it has got steadily better until I started rads this week, when the arm pain is a little worse again 9I think from holding my arms above my head), but still not as bad as 3 weeks in.

Hope this helps,

Lynda

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Margaret,
I had my mastectomy, reconstruction and full axilla clearance on the 18th and I am finding the pain and discomfort worse now. So was comforting to know You had the same symptoms. I have not taken many pain killers since had operation but over last few days seem to be taking them regularly. Especially at night I have a lot of discomfort on the inner aspect of my arm and side of boob. I want a small cool soft pillow to put there but can't find one so am planning to make one tomorrow!!
Maybe all the local anasthetic and thoracic block is wearing off now.
Seeing you have the same problem has helped me realise what I am experiencing is perhaps not unusual.
Love Jayne x

Margaret_May

Hi all,
Hope you are all coping with the snow, ice, cold! Haven't been out today. Op was on 23rd with all nodes taken out but the stinging, numbness and discomfort are getting worse. Will phone BCN on Monday if no change, but it's a bit discouraging. MInd you have mostly stopped taking pain killers so maybe sensible to start again! Feel a bit confused about whats going on in the scar and under the arm but it's probably nerves mostly. Hope everyone else is having a pain free and good week end. Like the sound of the chinese!
Maggie May XX

chascat

Hi all, only just found this forum, hope you don't mind me joining. I was diagnosed 13th January, no info given, just the size - 22 x 14mm and told the scan on my lymph nodes was clear. Had wle and snb on the 24th Jan, get my results on Monday, absolutely terrified and can't stop crying, I did kind of get the impression they knew what they were dealing with but weren't prepared to share that until the op confirmed it. Unfortunately I can't help but be convinced it's spread. I'm 43 with a 21 year old son and 4 year old daughter and live in the midlands x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debbie

Sorry to hear you're still full of fluid. Bet you're a bit more comfortable now it's been drawn off. I'm not going back to work before chemo either so have two weeks for a combination of recovering a bit more from my op, catching up with friends & getting ready for the chemo. I've got some appts anyway at the hospital for a talk through about the treatment plus the office is a hotbed of germs and I want to at least start chemo fighting fit!

Off for a Chinese buffet today with a member of the family so will need to pop my bra on & prosthesis. Have been going without whilst at home to speed healing.

Indeed, what a geographic spread! Although I'm inthe Midlands my family lives in Worthing so am a regular visitor. I am down there just before my chemo in 2 weeks for a bit of a party.

Hugs

Twinky x

mollie43

Morning ladies,

I had to go and have my seroma drained again yesterday it had got really bad nearly 400mls drained off, not painful but uncomfortable.Ihave quite alot of pain in my arm today as the block seems to be wearing off, is this normal does anyone know?

I am another one that has not been doing the exercises because i didn't feel any pain but need to start today.
Apart from my two visits to the hospital i haven't been out or got dressed yet, but my hubby is taking me out to lunch tomorrow all being well so that will be a nice treat.I have not been able to wear a bra but have the vest tops which seem ok so will put my softie in that, don't want to look lop sided.

I will get my treatment plan next thursday i was told yesterday by my bc nurse.we see the consultant then the oncologist all in one appointment so may well be on the same time line as fran and twinky.
Di are you looking forward to going back to work? i have decided not to go back until i have finished my chemo.

I am down on the south coast 10 miles from portsmouth so you can't really get any further south, we really are spread out around the country aren't we.

Hope you all have a good weekend and not to much snow, just seen sky weateher and it says 5-10cm in the south I hope not.

Debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello January Buddies

Been to see my GP today to re-word my fit note for a phased return next week. She also said that I can drive, so I’ve driven a couple of short journeys – bit difficult reversing but I’m sure it’ll get better.

Keep on with those exercises, Fran, Tracy and Twinky; take your painkillers an hour or so before you do them. I do the “walking fingers up the wall” exercise- I'm with you on this one Maggie May! I get a little higher each day. You can measure against the side of a door frame, for example.

Good luck for your results next Thursday, Debbie. I just have a little bit of seroma, not enough to be drained though. I feel a little bit of a fraud because I haven’t had many after effects, not like some of you . Mary M: your poor little boobie needs a little bit of TLC – good luck for Monday, and for yours Mary P. “The Two Marys” – sounds like The Four Marys from “The Bunty” for those of us who can remember it!!!

Fran and Twinky, looks like we’re having similar treatments and at the same time. Wouldn’t it be strange if we were all on the same day! Lol

Hello Sassy, nice to hear from you, I have the same vision as you – ah the pub!

Oh KC, 21 rads, is that one after the other or will they be spaced out – like you probably!

Alanaa: glad you got your little leak sorted – have a nice time with your daughter. Is that your kitty cat on the picture? I have two cats, one’s 18 with kidney failure but she’s still like a kitten. The other is 14 and she like to sleep on plastic bags and on top of the boiler.

Well , I’m in Newcastle upon Tyne, which is mid-way between Scotland, Midlands, and North West – Ha! Ha! Does anyone do Skype? We could have a virtual conference!

We are all going to beat this, aren’t we!!!

Going over to the "Can't Sleep" thread, see you there Twinky?

Hugs and xxxx
Di

Margaret_May

Hi to all surgery/chemo buddies!!
It's a really weird kind of pain this post mx anc thing, Numb but edgy and nervy with soreness and heaviness and keep knocking my arm against this ridge under my r arm pit and having weird feelings that a boob should be where it isn't. (Am a largish lady and am really lop sided now!!) All feels so sureal! However, am recovering and went for a walk this morning in the cold and sunshine.We live in Devon and it is so cold but beautiful.
Haven't had an oncology appt yet so don't know when the next bit happens. Also got told off last week for not doing walking the arm up the wall excercises , am doing them now!
Thank you everyone on here for sharing. It is such a huge support and I read this and think yes we are all getting through this bit by bit and helping each other. Here's to the next bit for you all. Won't it be amazing when we can look back on all this and be supporting others and maybe all get together in South of France or Scotland! Love and Hugs,
Maggie MayXX

Kitcat

Hi Mollie,
We were supposed to be going on a cruise at the end of June but after talking to the consultant today we'll have to cancel it, he said the treatment would take at least six months.

We're planning on getting our deposit back and rebooking for September but we'll have to make a late booking.

I know from previous experience that insurance is pretty impossible to get if you are still having treatment or tests for something, even something as minor as cholesterol so I suspect that the premium will be bumped up hugely when we do get around to rebooking.

Will definitely be earmarking something though, give us something nice to look forward to.
KC

Kitcat

Hi Everyone,
I'm in North Yorkshire.

Saw the consultant today after the phone call yesterday. He said they weren't expecting to find so many (seven) lymph nodes affected. I pressed him a bit and he said the prognosis was poor.

I'm OK about it though, I wouldn't have asked the question if I hadn't been prepared for that sort of answer, it wasn't any surprise. After the chemo I am getting 21 consecutive sessions of rads.

Just wish I could get on with it. I don't have an appt with the oncologist until Feb 14 and then won't start chemo for probably another week.

Despite that, I am very optimistic of a good outcome.
KC

Guest user
Not applicable

hi tracy
bras, bras , bras or soutien gorges as they called here.
I cant wear any of mine ...have resorted to support vests and even they irritate my anx wound/incision.
So altho i needed to support my poor little breast i couldnt ..luckily i am not gods gift to womanhood.
Glad youre not in a lot of pain most of the time- i havent had much either ...just irritation, itching, soreness....
best wishes for your post op appt.

Mary M

teabelly

i had my op on jan 18th im not in alot of pain until i do exercise or take my bra off the pain is reaaly bad have had to buy a support bra is anyone else like this i get my results on feb 16th im hoping they have removed everything they need to and my ly nodes arent involved
lots of love
tracyx x

Guest user
Not applicable

You'll be on more than the naughty step Twinky!

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gosh....we're spread far & wide from south west France to Moray Scotland! Now that is a meeting challenge but I'm up for it once everyone's treatment is finished. At least we're all beginning at the start of the year so we'll all be on the up towards the last quarter of the year.

Brrr...yes very cold here in the Midlands too. Expecting snow tomorrow I think. Hope it doesn't arrive until after I have a Chinese buffet when we drive out to meet a family member in Dudley. I am still healing well but my back muscles are a little sore. They must be in shock after the sudden reduction to my frontal load....lol! I have a physio appt on 16th Feb so maybe that will be addressed then. Don't know why but extremely tired today even though it's now been two weeks since my op. Popped to Tesco with hubby. Didn't do a big shop but couldn't wait to get home. Crumbs if I'm like this now heaven help me at chemo time!

Not been doing my exercises but fortunately did stretch a lot initially do have pretty good movement do wont be sent to the naughty stair like Fran!

Hope you all sleep well tonight. I'm certainly enjoying being back under the duvet with my man and think another first after my op is in order tonight 😉

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening ladies - how are you all?

Fran, so pleased for you. Hope I do as well next week. I bet you feel releived now and you can just get on and move forward. Glad you've had some sleep. Now, be a good girl and do your exercises and take you pills!!! How's your Mum - behaving? Hope you have a good time with your sister.

Alanaa, I don't know how you do that journey all the time and you never moan! I hope you're keeping warm, cuddle up with cat. You take care.

Well done getting back to work Mary P - I'm lagging behind with you ..s till got to have 2nd surgery yet.

Hop eyou're ok Mary M, good luck for Tuesday.

I've got this vision in my head that we're all out in the snow, throwing snowballs and walking towards a cosy pub! Ah....wouldn't that be nice!!!

Hugs - Sassy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening Ladies

Had my app at the hospital today and got the leakage sorted. Have to get the district nurse to come once a day to change dressing but all not to bad and low and behold have the Hospital on Monday to check progress. My daughter and I are planning to stop for lunch on the way home and weather permitting go for a wee walk.

It was -10 here last night but thanks to my open fire it was just cosy in the living room. Mind did not sleep much so hope for a good nights rest today.

I live in Moray in the North East of Scotland but have legs and can travel.

Wishing you all a good weekend

Gentle hugs from Alanaa and Cat

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone!
Well I'm doing my exercises but my arm still hurts! I'll get there I want to be able to drive at some point.
Went out today but had to reply on my friend and then my little one was sick! So that wasn't the best outing.
She seems ok but is full of cold as am I now! Need to get better to have my special magic juice is 11 days!
The two Marys I really feel for you that what I was hoping for clear margins which i had but then had to have an anc which wasn't nice but I'm getting better each day.
I'm in leeds if anyone couldn't guess! Apparently we are getting loads of snow tonight, so might get the sledges out.
Having my hair cut short tom in prep for chemo so that's all I have planned at the moment.
Lots of love
Fran xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Mary P
I'm still waiting for my op results too! Monday is my appt.Am hoping margins Ok (it was a small lump) and that it was only the one node that was positive (theyve taken them all anyway)so shouldnt need more surgery - cant bear/bare the thought ...my poor little breast is so shrunken and withered and pink.
Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Had a wonderful day today, went in to work to see my boss to discuss future working and was greeted by work colleagues who gave me a huge bunch of flowers, voucher for a spa day and Monsoon.I was overwhelmed with their kindness, happy tears were shed.
glad your burner working Mary M you must have been frozen.
Twinky and Fran good you had good sleeps, makes you feel better when you sleep well.
Debbie, sensation returning to my arm and it is more sore then before.
Everyone seems to have their dates for chemo and I havent even had results from op yet! They only thing that would devastate me is if the margins are not clear and I need further surgery!
I would like to stay with you all if I can as we move on.
I live in Blackpool.
Mary P xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ooh a meet up! You all coming here? I'd wait til the summer tho...its as cold here in allegedly sunny south west france as it is in Scotland.The canal at the end of my garden has almost frozen over!
thanks for all the virtual hugs - our benny hill lookalike ramoneur came this morning and cleaned the wood burner and its chimney so we are nice and warm again.
hugs
Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

I slept in my own bed with hubby last night woo hoo! Was getting a bit lonely on the sofa plus staying awake too late. Good to break that bad habit. I should feel loads better with lots of sleep. Hubby definitely on the mend. Still coughing but nothing like it was and he feels much more energetic too so we're all picking up in the house hold.

Yes we must all stay together. We started the journey together with our surgery and shall go forward holding hands as we recover or endure further treatment. I shall definitely need hand holding as I go through chemo & rads. My chemo starts 20th Feb so just 6 days after Fran. I'm having FEC then T (Doxi something or other).

Can I ask where you're all from? Don't know if any of us are close enough for a meet up? I'm in Warwickshire not far from Leamington Spa.

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning January Ladies,
So how are you all doing!
Amazingly I've had two nights of sleep. My youngest ds has been sleeping through and so have I. Its been wonderful.
So I went for my Appt yesterday to the onc and before that saw my bcn as she wanted to check my wound.
So I went in and she wasnt very pleased with me becuase of my lack of arm movement. I said that the pain had been so bad so i couldnt move it and she told me off about my painkillers as well. So I am starting to do my exercises and also taking the painkillers which is the reason I have been feeling sick not from the painkillers from the pain. Anyway I've been a naughty girl so my OH is back on my case and they want to see me in two weeks to check my progress.
Then I went to see the onc who was lovely told me everything i need to know. So I'm starting it on the 14th Feb, so no special valentines meal for me! I'm going for my pre chemo meeting next week. So Lots of hospitals visits for me.
I'm getting 6 x EC and other good news was 14 nodes that were taken out were all clear so only 1/18 had cancer in. So i was really pleased about that.
I'm getting my hair cut short on saturday to get prepared I was offered the cold cap but I turned it down, dont think i could deal with the discomfort or the panic as to if my hair is going to fall out or not, I'd rather just let it all fall out and I know its going to grow back. So thats it really! Its so cold today but Sunny, i love it when its like that!
Allana, How are you doing? Hope you are keeping warm.
Di and twinky I'm holding your hands with the chemo. I'm very scared but it has to be done.
TTM - hope you are ok chick..
kitkcat - thinking of you babes I'm having the same treatement as you rads as well.
Mary hope you are doing ok.
Sassy how are you doing.
Lots of love
Fran
x

mollie43

Hello janaury buddies,

Iam going to stay on this thread you have all helped me so much through the last few weeks.
I am a week on from my mx and anc and have a seroma, it was drained on tuesday and have to go back to the hospital again today.I haven't had much pai but today the nerve block on my arm seems to be wearing off and have pain in my arm and wound site, don't know if this is normal?

I have my results appointment next thursday not looking forward to that but i already know that i have to have chemo and rads.Not looking forward to the next few months.

kitkat where are you going for your holiday? thats something i want to book but don't know when we will be able to do it.

Fran hope your arm pain is not to bad.

alanna hope you have a good visit to the hospital the journey sounds a nightmare, i am only 5 miles from mine so can't think of your journey especially in this horrid cold.

lots of hugs to you all debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi January Girls

I'm going to stay on this thread too, your support and virtual hugs really helped me through my surgery.

Oh Kitcat, sorry that your results weren't as positive as you wished.

I saw my oncologist yesterday and he gave me my treatment plan. I'm going to have 6x FEC to start in a couple of weeks, then rads after that. It's what I suspected. I've also been to a wonderful support group this morning called LIPS - Ladies In Pink Scarves. They meet once a month, and are at various stages through and at the end of treatment. Some have been clear for a number of years. I'm certainly going back next month.

Going to the hairdresser tomorrow morning, so going to attempt town by myself, may even have lunch!

Good luck to any of you still waiting for results.
Hugs and xxxx
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to you all again

Kitcat you are in my thoughts and I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you have your appointment so here is a very gentle hug to you.

TTM nice and cosy but just had to get changed and my dressings replaced as I just had another leakage (my impression of a fountain). No doubt will be getting antibiotics tomorrow - oh hell they make me even more tired. Well has to be got through one way or another. At least I was able to put some more coal and logs on the fire so it will stay nice and cosy in here. Decided to sleep in the living room tonight (sofa bed is so handy) as the bedroom is just to cold. Hope you are not sore at the moment and that all goes well next week for your op.

Hope I will get some sleep soon

Hugs to all of you from Alanaa and Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All,

Hi Kitkat, sorry your results were not as you'd like. I have the same, Invasive Lobular, Stage 2, one lymph node affected. Have to fullclearance next week and more lump taken as one margin wasn't clear. I'm sure I'll end up with chemo too as well as rads so we'll be on the same threads. I hope your treatment doesn't take too long to start for you.

TTM - do hope you start to feel better

Alanaa - I hope you're keeping warm, I don't know how you cope with the long journeys on top of everything else!

Mary - lots of virtual hugs for warmth and healing - hope both boob and burner get fixed soon.

Hi Twinky and Fran, hope you;re both ok. Getting out for lunch sounds nice Fran!

Hugs to you all,

Sassy xx

Kitcat

I would like to keep together as we all move on to our next stage too. I don't manage to get in here every day but I find it a wonderful support.

I had a call from the hospital this morning and my op results were not as good as I'd hoped. I already knew that I had invasive lobular cancer and that it was in one lymph node. Unfortunately the tumour was 70mm and seven lymph nodes were cancerous. It was grade 2 out of three grades. She said they don't do it as a stage.

I'm getting chemo, rads and then long term aromatase therapy. Not sure when I start hopefully I will be told when I go for my appt with the consultant tomorrow. It sounded like there could be a couple of weeks before I even see the oncologist and then another couple before I start chemo. Was hoping it would be quicker than that. The rads will be four or five weeks after the end of chemo.

So it looks as though it will be towards the end of the summer before I'm through with it. Worst is that we have to cancel our holiday at the end of June but we will try to rebook for September.

KC

tommyticklemou

hi alanaa,

hope you and your puddy cat are nice and toasty in front of the roaring fire.

hope your hospital visit goes well tomorrow and doesnt tire you out too much, that long journey you have to do must take it out of you.

my 2 cats are currently have 'wacky' time and are zooming about at the moment.

i am a bit tired today physically and mentally. hoping to have a better day tomorrow, going shopping with my mum for a couple of hours.

hope everyone is doing ok and keeping warm in this cold snap.

TTM xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi TTM and Mary M

Would like to stay with you all on this thread as well. It has become like a good friend to me. Nice to be able to put thoughts into words without having to use a sugar coating on it most of the time.

-6 here at the moment and temp is dropping so fat cat and I are tucked up on the sofa with the fire blazing. Had some leakage from my missing boob today and had the nurse out earlier to patch me up. No pain, so hope it is not to dramatic. Hospital trip tomorrow (oh joy) so will get sorted no doubt.

Hugs to all of you

Alanaa and Cat xx

tommyticklemou

hi mary m,

sending you a warm virtual hug

i am happy to keep together and posting on our little thread, even though we maybe having other different treatments at different times. we can keep an eye on each other and make sure we not upto mischief.

it is freezing cold, i hope this snow forecast for weekend doesn't materialise.

lots of hugs to everyone.

TTM xx

Guest user
Not applicable

We are all going to stay together arent we ? Now that January is over and we've all had our ops?
I know some of us will move to a starting rads or a starting chemo thread but I feel at home with all you guys (using that word advisedly)
I feel like moving on to a 'hibernate til April thread' not looking forward to my next appt. My poor little breast has shrunk - it looks like a prune pretending to be a beetroot or vice versa. I know its not going to be healed by Monday so I'll bet they will put off my next treatment ...whatever that will be!
And its soooo cold here ....below freezing day and night ...and we are having to turn off our wood burner (which is our main heating) because the darned thing is leaking smoke and its like being a kipper in here. Luckily the chimney sweep is coming tomorrow....hope we are only going to be cold in the house for 24 hours ..
please send me very warm virtual hugs and i will use them to stay virtually warm ha ha .
Mary M

tommyticklemou

hi ladies,

hope you are all doing ok.

alanaa - glad i can bring a smile to you, i bet your cat thinks i'm hilarious too or mad 🙂 mine do!he he
they are hoggin the fire again tonight. i brought spare duvet down last night on sofa, turned my back for a second and one of them hopped on there and stretched out, so i had to squeeze back on. how come such small animals can take up so much space. they keep us both entertained and sane though.

twinky - hope your not awake in the early hours again tonight.

Fran - glad you had a good day today, even in this cold weather snap we are having. hope tomorrow goes well. sending you lots of hugs.

debster/debh - lots of hugs for tomorrow too, hope you get your next treatment sorted out.

i am still struggling with the exercises, but maybe its because i have forgot what it felt like last time and now back at the start with them or because its more tender this time - not sure. quite a few teary sessions last couple of days as well thrown in for good measure.

well OH has brought duvet down for me again (its so cold) , and one of cats is on there already, so i am going to grab a spot before other one jumps on as well and sprawls out too.

lots of hugs to you all.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Fran

Know what you mean about 'smothering'. My Mum was on the phone wanting me to have someone with me for every chemo treatment. I went & did it by myself last time, quite happy to do it again although will take Hubby to the first one just in case I have a bad reaction. Mt first one is 20th Feb (FEC). I don't want to make a big thing of it & if I just take myself off for treatment then in my head it's not a big deal.

Good luck for your meeting with the Oncologist. I was overwhelmed & cried but am ok now. Ready for it mentally now. Tonight I rummaged in the cupboard to find my wig ( just wore it for three days first time around) and found I'd saved all my hats & scarves too. Don't know why but although I wanted to donate my wig to someone last time ( it's an expensive one) I just couldn't bring myself to part with it. Just as well seeing as what has happened now!

From the first surgery my arm was weird & tingly & numb in places. The most peculiar thing was brushing the side of my head produced a tingling sensation in my armpit! How odd is that! I don't have that now. It does take a long time for things to settle after surgery & you might get strange sensations for a while yet.

Hi Alanaa.....glad you liked the guide to an MX. I just hope it took some of the fear & uncertainty from this awaiting surgery. My next thread will be a guide to chemo when I start on the 20th. No doubt that will be an adventure too!

Twinky x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Fran

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and keep everything crossed I can cross. It is lovely that your sister is coming to be with you. I have no family here appart from my 3 grown up children. Well one lives about 15 mins away (lucky she is the nurse) and the other two are in Glasgow studying so not able to come home so often. My Mum was from Sweden but grew up in Northern Ireland and my Dad was from Germany so I am a right European Mongrol come to think of it.

Live in happy co-habitat with my beloved cat and have a lovely neighbour who comes in twice a day to make sure I am okay and to clean and set my fire etc.. Bad point is that she is a great baker and brings yummy treats which I should ignore, but hey the mind is willing but the body is weak.

Guest user
Not applicable

HI Alanaa,
Thanks for your post things have calmed down with the kids but with my mum and brother thats another story.
Thank god my wonderful sister is coming to help me soon.13 days and counting I've not seen her for over a year she lives in mexico.
She was dx with cervical cancer 18 mths ago she is through it now but nows how hard the treatment can be so she wanted to come back to be with me.
She also has been having her checkups in mexico and they found a positive lymph node but ct scan clear so its all go for my family at the moment.
I'll let you know how I get on tom.
love Fran xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies,
How are you all doing?
I've got my onc appt tom and might get the results of the aux but if not will get my treatment plan so thats something to look forward to! I've got my book with loads of questions.

I went out today with my OH for lunch it was lovely to get out and join the real world again.
I also went to get the kids from school which was lovely but very cold.
I'm still in pain its hard to describe, its a sensitive on the back of my arm, some sharp pain in the wound site and lots of pulling.It may be the nerves also its really numb under my arm.
I'm back on diclafenic and paracetamol.

My mum is getting all upset becuase i need her to help me with the kids but she wanted to come to the hospital with us but I really want my OH to be with me. I know she is worried about me but its quite suffocating.

Good luck to everyone for results tom .
Love Fran
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Twinky sorry was going to say how much I enjoyed your guide to mastectomy but pressed the submit button to early. Trying to type without my reading glasses - not a good idea.

Love Alanaa

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Buddies

Debh and Debster all the best for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Sassy I have been wondering about the MRI and Scans as I did not have any appart from the ultra sound during the core biopsy, but will ask my BCN on Friday when once again I am off to the Hospital.

Mollie I am going to get more fluid drained off again on Friday so far they got 800ml both previous times. Still feel like a water bed when moving to fast, but since I am build for comfort and not speed I can contain myself with moving at a sedate pace most of the time.

Hi Fran be thinking of you too and hope things have settled down at home a bit so you get your well earned rest.

Mary M do hope your leakage is not to bad and that you are not in pain with it.

TTM you do make me smile - glad you are posting on this thread.

Hugs to all of you from Alanaa and Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Deb re scans - that's reassuring!

Good luck for you tomorrow, hope it's ok.

Sassy xx

debh

Hi ladies me again,

I am getting really bad back ache when I walk, has anyone else who has had an mx got the same problem.

Deb xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi debh, very good luck to you too for tomor
xxx

debh

Hi Ladies,

Good luck with your results tomorrow Debster, hope all goes well, I get my results tomorrow too and am absolutely scared whitless.

Sassy, I have not had any scans and when I asked BCN she just said that I did'nt need them and not to worry because if they thought I had of needed them they would have sent me for some.

Hugs to all Deb xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi to all you Lovlies,
You are all so very uplifting. I too am experiencing no pain in scar area but numbness and tingly under arm which is most painful. Talking of pillows, I was given a lovely heart shape cushion by my BC nurse upon diagnosis, this was made by a local group of ladies called the "Patchmarkers", when this was given to us my hbby first cried, bless him. I have slept with my pillow ever since. Having my results tomor,very scared and excited at the same time!!!
Big gently hugs to you all
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello January ladies,

You all sound like you've turned a bit of a corner lately and starting to recover.

Infections - the most painful thing by far. Mine not quite gone but hope it will be good enough for next weeks 2nd operation.
A cold rolled flannel under my armpit at night helped me a lot, especially with infection.
V shaped pillow should be on prescription!! 2nd pillow under the arm also really helped!
I drove after 3 weeks, felt fine but wouldn't have wanted to be steaming down a motorway for hours! My insurance had no stipulations.
I've been back to work this week every day, really helps to stop thinking about IT for a while and bosses have been good about me leaving early so I can rest before kids teatime and routine!

Have all of you Jan buddies had MRI's or scans? I don't know why I haven't and others seem to. I know we shouldn;t compare but you can't help wondering!

Hugs to you all,

Sassy xx

tommyticklemou

mgsm,

oops, i am always doing typo's, i should really read by posts back before i hit the submit!!

i have just checked my leaflet the nurse gave me about wound infections. i've got to fill in a questionnaire as well in a few weeks about how i was checked for infections. hospital are doing an audit apparently.
anyway it says about clear fluid, so sounds like it is to do with infection you have. hope it clears up soon.
sounds like it is starting to improve now anyway.

lots of hugs to you TTM xxx