Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

Hi Tracy

Great news that it's not spread but a shame you have the hassle of more surgery. I've got chemo & rads to come so we'll be holding hands!

Twinky x

teabelly

hi all
got resuls today good and bad news good news not spread into glands or anywhere else bad news they didnt get clearance around lump so got to have second operation on 8th march and the lump was bigger than expected it was 3.2 cm so i defo got to have chemo and radio
hope all well with everyone
lots of love tracy x x

chascat

Hi all

Fran - glad you've got your first chemo out of the way and you're managing to tolerate it.

Deb - sorry you found the oncologist so distressing - I think that's a natural reaction and hopefully you will start feeling better and more positive soon.

Tracy - Thinking of you today with your results - keep your chin up - have sent you a PM.

Everyone else waiting on results and treatment, positive thoughts and big hugs, it will be a tough journey but we'll get through it.

Following my ANC I'm feeling a bit more comfortable now i've had my drain out but the pain is still unpleasant and the numbness just vile!

I think my husband is feeling a bit stressed as he's being difficult and bad tempered, I could do without it really but feel like I have to walk on eggshells until it passes, hopefully soon.

Love to all

Lydia xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck today Tracy,

Deb, I hope you feel a bit better now it's perhaps sunk in?

Kitcat, your treatment sounds more (if thats possible) radical....we'll all be here trying to do what we can for you.
How are you feeling Alaana?

Twinky, I hope you feel better, not nice having to be on your own. Hope you have some good DVD's to watch, thank God for Amazon I say!

I'm still in the waiting room (results on Tuesday) , with another infection form second lumpectomy!

Best wishes and very big hugs to everyone.

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,
I've been posting on feb chemo thread! Or I thought I had anyway so I'm one down 5 to go.
I'm having 6 ec well only 5 left now! I was persuaded to try the coldcap, I was determined not to have it but she said my hair was so thick it might work! So I thought what the heck! The first 5 to 10 mins are the worst but get through them and its not the bad.
Then got home and an hour or so after that I felt so sick and couldn't even move my head cos of the nausea but after I was sick I felt a bit better. Today I've been a lady who lounges in bed and have eaten some bits drinking loads but think constipation might have kicked in!
Good luck to you all! I'm not going to say its not tough cos it is I'm hoping the first night was the worst! X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all

Well it happened I have to have chemotherapy so I've started a new thread fir March chemotherapy to share rants.

I've been quite string through all this but now just want to scream my face off arghhhhh:(

Carolyn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies

I'm due at oncologist in the next hour and like Poppy am borderline for chemotherapy so let's hope a decision is made today as more waiting and indecisiveness will drive me mad.

Good luck to all starting soon a new three will obviously be popping up for us soon as we all seem to be at similar stages.

Better go and get ready

Hugs to all xxx

teabelly

hi evertone
i get my resuls tomorrow so nervous feel sick want to cry but trying to stay positive
it makes you feel better reading all your comments and we are all going throught the same emotions
hope all started chemo this week are doing keep me informed how you are going and any tips i should get my date for chemo tomorrow so frighten
hope all have a good day
lots of love
tracy x x

poppyD

Hi

Thinking of you all, i have appt today with oncologist need to discuss chemo i am borderline so decision bit tricky

its good to know whatever happens will have company on the journey

think i will cry Debs guess that's part of process so don't feel bad about having a good old cry

Hope you feeling bit better Twinky

superSue perhaps we could all come and stay when you get you cottage but think i should pass on the sprouts unless you have a dog i can blame things on
MWAH X

Kitcat

Hi to everyone,
Saw the oncologist yesterday and I start chemo on March 1. I'm getting two intensive treatments, the first of epirubicin and cyclophosphamide and then the second of Taxotere.

Each would normally be given over 18 weeks but I'm getting two full courses in that time so I guess double doses. Was told it is going to be very intensive and tough and that only one of these two treatments will work but they don't know which.

Also found out that the tumour was larger than the 70mm I was originally told as it's a type that spreads in tendrils and they gave up trying to measure it.

I'm still planning to work during some of this but it depends how well the side effects can be controlled, from what I was told yesterday there should be plenty of drugs to help with that.

Also I'm getting a CT scan before chemo starts to make sure it hasn't gone elsewhere as I have other symptoms which started shortly before I was diagnosed and which haven't been discounted yet.

Although I'll keep coming back here I think I'll also join the chemo thread as there may be someone there who is having the same cocktail of drugs.

Deb, Peanut, Fran, Lelly and Maggie, think we will be starting treatment about the same time.
KC

Guest user
Not applicable

Just reading the last posts i hug you all, this bloody journey is a hard lesson in life! but one we will win 🙂

I not had a good day, my cording is driving me mad, as a teenager would say doing my head in!!!
got CT scan tomorrow, then oncologist appointment 22nd at Christies for my treatment plan, which i know is 6 months chemo, then re-op as not got full clearance on my last op, then radiotherapy,

All i want to do was buy a cottage, bake cakes & pies, keep hens & grow sprouts!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Deb.....massive hug! You did exactly what I did when I first saw my Onc. I just massively blubbed. Had been sporting a stuff upper lip until then. It was the reality of the chemo starting soon that set me off. We'll do it together. Provided I shift this awful chest bug thing soon I should have my first one on 27th Feb. the sooner we start the sooner it's over! I'm not coping very well with being so ill at the moment. Hubby had to go back to work down south today so I'm alone today. Didn't manage to get up & make anything to eat until 3:30. Just feeling so ill all the time. Nothing seems to make me feel better & I just spend most of my time sleeping. I pray it improves soon!

Hope you start to feel a bit braver again soon.

Twinky x

debh

Evening Ladies,

Fran, hope your chemo went well today and your feeling ok. let us know how you got on when your feeling upto it.

I went to see oncologist today, have not stopped crying since I came out, its just hit me that the next step being chemo is getting closer and closer and I seem to have gone into a complete meltdown, not coping with the prospect at all. It scares me silly, anyone feeling the same. not sure whether its the fear of the unknown, and the waiting that makes it worse.

Hope your all having a good evening.

Deb xx

Sorry to ramble on

Margaret_May

Sorry I have not kept up here as much as I wanted to but good to read all the posts and can only wish everyone well in healing, waiting or going forward to the next stage. I see the Oncolgist on Thursday and chemo starting in the weeks after that. Am not looking forward to it at all. It's great to hear on the forums when they say its "dooable"!! I think that's how I'm getting through the mastectomy and ax clearance. It's dooable. The numb sensation and weird pains round the arm pit have been very trying at times I think it's getting better 3 weeks on from op.I was given Capsicum cream (peppers!!) and amitryptiline for the nerve pain. Stopped the pills as couldn't wake up, but still using the cream. Hey ho, its valentines day and my BH has been a rock through this.Keep positive if you can. Love to all .
maggie may

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Sorry not been on for a while, been busy getting back in to the swing of things at work. I am feeling a little guilty as compared to a lot of you I am really quite well! Sensation is returning slowly to my arm but still very numb around breast and underarm which weirdly is still quite sore. I have been very lucky in that I have no restriction to my arm movements but am obsessive with exercises.
I am thinking of you all and am grateful for all the support you have given me. I am waiting for Oncologist appt to start chemo, not looking forward to that!!
I will keep popping on to see how you all are and may meet up with some of you on the chemo thread when I start.You are all very much in my thoughts and thank you for your warmth, humour and support over these last weeks.
Good Luck everyone
Mary P xxxxxxxxxx

mollie43

Morning everyone,
Had another trip to get my seroma drained yesterday seems to be getting worse not better 550mls yesterday thats the 5th time in 13 days getting really fed up with it.Marm is now more painfull as the feeling is coming back slowly don't feel able to do much again.

Good luck to Debs and Fran with your chemo hope all goes well, you will be able to keep the rest of us waiting for it up to speed.

Alanna hope the wound is healing.

Teabelly hope the waiting is not to bad, we all know how you feel its a relief when you are tod whatever the outcome.

Hope everyone else is ok we are all at some stage with treatment but this thread is helping me to keep going with my chin up.Whenever i feel down i think of the rest of you and what you are all going through. Big hugs to one and all Debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning ladies

Di my cables are now firmly back in place, it was like having your arm lobbed off - how sad that we rely on the Internet so much.

Good luck to Debs and Fran, thinking of you today, I have my first oncology tomorrow and my lovely over active imagination is on overdrive again.

Hope your feeling better Chascat and the healing process is starting.

Love and hugs to all sorry to anyone I didn't mention, but I keep telling myself that my memory may be better when I eventually get back to work. Let's hope so.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Alanaa and a hopefully not so cross Fat Cat.. So sorry to hear you are still suffering and not managing to sleep.
I have put some ramblings down on another post "Expander implants - post op feelings" so may be worth having a look there first and I can then answer any questions you may have.
Regarding your comment about your wound, hopefully the delay will allow it to really heal. I have been seeing my Surgeon every couple of days since the op and I asked why he was seeing me so often yesterday. It was partly due to the initial haematoma I had but he has also had a problem with another patient where the implant started to escape so he maintains a very close eye on everyone and developed a new technique with how he cuts the flesh which has made a big difference. However, that is only possible with an immediate recon I guess. All of that said, they are coming up with new techniques all the time and we are all so different in the type of treatment we have and the way our bodies react.
Hope you are feeling brighter this morning and agree with Sassy, maybe there is a local organisation that can help give you a treat or two to help lift your spirits ? One other quick comment, I have had to take a lot of antibiotics in recent times due to teeth as well as BC and am a great believer in probiotics to help counter some of the SEs. Love yoghurt is breat but you can also get probiotic supplements and they may help.
Take care and keep us posted on how you are getting on.
Love and hugs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Lelly's right - we all seem to be struggling with recovery or waiting!

Alaana, you poor thing. I know this is probably rubbish, but after my first surgery when I got the infection, it just so happened the day before I started feeling better, I'd had a reflexology foot massage (provided by a charity service for breast cancer patients in my area) ...could have just been the antibiotics kicking in at last but who knows! It was a real treat and I can't help but wonder if it did have an effect! I wonder if there is anything nearby like that that could possible help you, or if it doesn't give yourself a little treat! Maybe the helpline here know of a service?

Fran..good luck tomorrow & Chascat I hope you're ok. Best wishes to everyone else!

Love Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello again

Deb hope all goes well for you tomorrow, of course I will be thinking of you too.
Teabelly you as well are in my thoughts as all the other ladies awaiting results/treatment.

Lelly will you share your experience with your implant with us if you do not mind. I have to wait at least 12/18 months before I can think of mine and cross my fingers that this darn wound is not going to make things more difficult.

Can't sleep so have upset Fat Cat by shifting her off my lap to get up again.

Alanaa and a very cross Fat Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening all
Sounds like a number of us are facing some additional challenges and well done to Di for remembering everyone..
I am like a bear with no brain at the moment so won't be able to do as well but special hugs to Fran for tomorrow, Alanaa and Fat Cat for the sore wound and Twinky with that cough. I guess everything you are going through affects the old immune system.
Di, hope the wigs are ok when they arrive. I feel so fortunate to be avoiding that side.
Finally got rid of my last Dennis today, very relieved but still very sore but am sure it will take time to settle and I feel like a trussed chicken with all the bandages where the drain was and that is making my implant area feel quite tight. Onward and upward though.
Special hugs to all undergoing surgery, awaiting results or starting chemo and rads etc..
L xx

debh

Hi Ladies,

Good luck Fran for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

I go to see Oncologist tomorrow to find out when I start my next step dreading it.

All the luck to everyone else starting chemo or getting results

hugs

Deb xx

teabelly

hi everyone hope everyone had a good weekend
im getting very nervous 3 more sleeps and get my results it makes me feel sick everytime i think about it any one else getting results this week ?
Good luck fran i will be thinking about you hope all goes well tomorrow
Twinky hope you get rid of that cough soon and get on with your chemo
Alanaa hope you wound heal soon it must be so horrible for you
Lydia hope your pain isnt to bad forgot the housework and relax big hugs
Hope everyone else is well and good luck to all starting chemo or getting results
lots of love
tracy x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Di and Cats

I am having many an interesting chat with Fat Cat due to the fact that I have been on my own now for the last 2 1/2 years since my son moved to Glasgow to study Engineering. He was the last of my 3 children to up sticks and after the initial feeling of total loss I am now enjoying my Me Time I have to say. I used to have 2 dogs and 3 cats but sadly over the last couple of years I have lost both our dogs and 2 cats due to old age.
Hopefully in the near future I am allowed to drive again and will be able to get out and about a bit more. I love living in the country but it can be a bit quiet at times.

Love Alanaa and Coco xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening

Really struggling with this cough. Nothing seems to ease it at all and I struggle to catch my breath at times. I end up laying still trying not to move & set myself off. Hubby leaves me tomorrow so I'll have to move if I want food or drink, not that I'm enthusiastic about eating at the moment! This is not a bad thing given my weight...lol.

Fran - best of luck for tomorrow. I'll just be a couple of weeks behind you. Just remember to drink lots & take all the anti sickness meds they give you. Let us know how you get on.

Alanaa hope the 'hole' mends soon... Gentle hugs for you

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Well, I think we are all just in various stages of limbo.

I went on Friday for my wig fitting, going to get more or less the same style and colour as my own hair – it’s red. It has to be ordered though. The one I tried on for the style was actually grey and I looked AWFUL! Unfortunately if I lose my hair, it will come back as grey – Ugh!!

I’ve been back at work today, I can work 2 days a week so my employer says, but it’s half term this week so there’s no need for me to go in the rest of this week.

Poppy: did you get your apt for weds?
Carolyn: hope you’ve got your cables back!
Sassy: hope you had a good chill at the weekend – that’s what I seem to be doing all the time.
Fran: Hope you had a lovely time with your sister, and good luck for tomorrow!
Alaana and cat: Oh you really are being put through the mill, you brave lady! Do you talk to Fat Cat and does she listen? Mine do.
Lelly: I hope you get rid of Dennis soon,
SuperSue: hope you got your questions answered from your BC nurse – I may be a bit ignorant, but what is ‘cording’?

Sorry if I haven’t mentioned everybody, but I hope you all had a good weekend,

Hugs and xxxxx
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening to you all

Fran I will be thinkin of you and have saved a little corner in my thoughts for you for tomorrow.

Twinky hope your chest will get better soon, it must be so frustrating for you, especially since you had to get the chemo postponed.

Hope all of you Ladies are doing okay. I am going to get cosy on the sofa with Fat Cat and hope the Hospital will have some upbeat news re my wound tomorrow.

Wishing you all a good nights rest

Hugs from Alanaa and Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello my lovely ladies.
How are you all!
Alaana I feel for you your taking so long to heal sending you healing vibes.
Lydia my ANC really hurt too. In fact 3 weeks ago I had surgery and today I woke up with it sore again so got some co codomal to help the pain.
I'm starting chemo tom the ops didn't bother me but this is really scaring me. I'm not having a meltdown and being all upbeat in front of my friends and children. But my oh is panicking today about it doesn't want to see me suffer, nor do I but he won't accept support or talk to anyone! Well maybe as we go through this he will. Sorry for going on.
Hope you all feel ok soon xx

debh

Hi Lydia,

Glad thats all over for you.

Best place to be in bed, they try there best but they can never keep the house how we want it.

Dont try to do too much yet its early days.

Deb xx

chascat

Evening ladies, well that's the lymph nodes gone! It's hurting much more than I expected it too, but expect a lot of that is down to the drain. The surgeon put the reason for surgery on the consent form as "to stage the axilla " which freaked me out, I don't want to hear about stages, it's too scary. I'm being "looked after" by hubby, OMG it's so stressful, the house is like a tip and every time I try and do something he tells me to leave it and he'll do it - only he doesn't, I've had to come up to bed as I can't look at the pile of dishes in the kitchen any longer!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend - if that's possible, I know.
With love

Lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

been on antibiotics for seroma infection after draining.
Having cording problems which i am stretching out, painful but exercising making the arm moveable.

PROBLEM, lay in bed last night didn't feel well, as i rubbed my arm to try get relief i felt what i can describe as a tube running vertical under my breast, as i lifted my arm the tube got more prominent on my rib area.

Don't think its right does not feel right, can cording go that far down the body?
Going to phone BC nurse tomorrow to ask, just wondered if anyone see had this?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Alanaa

Sorry to hear about your wound. Hope that it mends soon. Spider update - all 3 have disappeared ....gulp. Here's hoping they have moved house!

Gentle hugs ( on account of the wound)

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

Mollie it is the immune suppresives I am taking which slow everything down and gives me the issues with my tissue healing at a normal speed. Just have to go with the flow and wait, but it is a pain in the neck as I thought I might be more lucky this time. It is very frustrating I have to say but can't be helped. Hope your seroma will sort itself out soon. I am not to bad now only had 75mls last time which is a big improvement from 800mls.

Fran all the best for next week - I will be thinking of you.

Hope you are all keeping warm and cosy this weekend.

Love Alanaa and Fat Cat xx

mollie43

Morning all.

Hope you aren't feeling to low alanna what a shame your wound has opened, do you know what caused thi

Marym we have a burst pipe on our outside tap, pouring water all over the patio but can't get a plumber until tomorrow, at least it's only in the garden.The weather here in the south was really cold last night and -2c this morning.

Fran hope all goes well with the chemo that will be me i a couple of weeks if my seroma stops filling up.have to go and get it drained again tomorrow last thursday 450mls drained getting really fed up.

Allthe best to eveyone else getting to many to mention by name everytime debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all
Special hugs for alanaa and fat cat, I really feel for you, it must be so frustrating.
DN just visited and my drain is filling up more again (69 mls in 24 hrs) and very dark, not great at day 13 post op...
Best wishes to all undergoing treatments and waiting for results etc..
L x

Guest user
Not applicable

morning everybody
we are an hour further on in the day here!
Went out for a social event with my walking/gym group yesterday and everyone was wishing me well which makes you feel really great. One lady has just finished her bc treatments and almost cried when I told her (this conversation was all in french but we got there)that i would not be having chemo, she was so pleased for me. Drank wine for first time in 3 weeks - record for me!
On the minus side our wood burner has now given up the ghost completely - the chimney flue is blocked because of the cold ...it has been minus 12 here at night for about two weeks -so we only have electric fires (and a limit of 9kilowats for the house so if you want to put the kettle on you have to turn off a fire).
Have to try and find a new chimney sweep on Monday!
the joys of country life - used to live in London !
But happy sunday to everyone - no treatments on a sunday!why are they called TREATments - they arent treats!
and good luck to everyone with apointments tomorrow ...
off to dance to JazzFM now to keep warm

love (really lots of hugs)
Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everybody

Sassy glad to hear you did not have to get node clearance after all. Hopefully your recovery will be swift.
Fran you will be counting the hours now until you sister will be with you.
Teabelly glad you are feeling at bit more at yourself.

I am a bit fed up that my wound opened up over 4cm in depth now. Have to get the nurse daily to pack wound and change the dressing. My BCN said it is just a waiting game now until it will heal and after that we can start the rads. They reckon it will take
around 2 months. Still not allowed to drive so far and had to stop my excercises until further notice as they put a strain on my wound.

Twinky how are your pet spiders coming on? You are one brave lady - I run a mile when I have one in the house and have to get the hoover, or my son if he is around, and very carefully stand well back and get rid of it. Hope they have not invited their relations to come and stay for a while too.

Fat Cat and I are going to have a cosy evening on the sofa.

Take care all of you and

Hugs from Alanaa and Cat xx

teabelly

hi Fran
bet you are getting nervous i so afraid when i get my result on thu they say i have got to have chemo but what will be will be
hope you got a nice wig glad you got a friend going with you im know i will cry if i have to get a wig but no change i seem to always be crying lately
i have had a good day today i had friends round for coffee and chat Good luck on tue i will be thinking about you
lots of love and hugs
tracyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies,

I hope you are all ok and getting through this horrible wait for the next step and coping with recovering from the last! I had my further lumpectomy on Wednesday. Strangely, at the last minute they didn't do full node clearance after all. Because it was a micro masteses in 1 node, consultant said the risks outweighed the benefits!I;m obviously delighted at keeping my nodes but a bit perturbed about the last minute u-turn, I'll have to wait and see at my next appointment why that happened. So just praying for clear margins this time and then I can move on to the next step.
Fran, hope you're ok. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with your sister and be agreat help to you to get through this.
Alana - I hope you're ok, you're such a brave lady you're allowed a few tears! My Maddy cat is practically sitting on my laptop, hence the dodgy spelling!
Quiet weekend for me, my sons away and scout camp and daughter with her Dad so I can just rest and chill..

Best wishes and love to all,

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All,
Hope you are all doing well.
Tracey poor thing I really feel for you I was the same and today had a wobble for starting chemo on tuesday.
I'm going with my friend to get a wig today so prob will cry then as well but heyho thats the way it goes.
I've got my sister coming on tuesday night as well, so as well as valentines day and chemo day and my sister and my beautiful neices are coming to help me through this.
I hope you have a better day today.
I suppose I should get dressed got my lo watching saturday kitchen in bed with me.
Love to you all
fran xx

teabelly

hi everyone
After having a really bad day on thu cried nearly all day on and off Im happy to say im feeling alot better today and very positive about my results on thu how long this will last i dont know ??
good luck today lydia will be thinking about you
hope everyone else having a good day
lots of love tracy x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening to you

Best of luck for tomorrow Lydia, will be thinking of you.

Deb I had a rare mega cry this morning myself. No idea what happend or why, just sat looking out of the window and hey presto the tears just kept coming and coming. Felt a right fool when my nurse called in and I was in flood of tears. He was ace about it all (yes I have got a male nurse now and he is a hoot. Mind you have to say I had a rather carefull look at his badge the first time he called. Oh well variety is the spice of life apparently.

Feeling a bit better now and will get cosy with Fat Cat soon.

Hugs to all of you from

Alanaa and Cat

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies

Love and hugs to you for tomorrow Lydia.

I now finally have oncologist appointment so will be joining you debs next week. Let's wait and see if I brings any joy.

Have no real Internet at the moment es someone has stolen the bloody BT cables so hope it's not out for too long.

Hopefully catch up with you all over the weekend.

Love to allxx

poppyD

Good luck tomorrow Lydia,

Hope all goes well

Debs dont worry about being emotional just get through however you can darling

I am supposed to get appt for wed for oncologist so expect i will be crying by then

Lots of love POppy x

debh

Hi Lydia,

All the best for your op tomorrow. Glad your feeling calm, let us know how it went, will be thinking of you.

Deb xx

chascat

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm in for my ANC tomorrow and am running around like a nutter, doing last minute washing, descaling the sink (mad!) etc, etc.

Deb - sorry you're feeling so anxious about seeing the oncologist, I know i'll be pooing my pants when it's my turn too, it's like Twinky said, there's no more denying it then is there.

I'm feeling amazingly calm, I was a blubbering wreck the day before my WLE & SNB, not quite sure what's going on!

So sorry it's brief, but love, hugs and positive vibes to all.

Lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Kitcat: were you not asked if you wanted copies of all letters that are sent to your GP? I was, and I'm sure everyone can have them.

Mary Peanut, hope you get sorted out with your hospital choice, you're right, it should be patient choice.

Well Debbie, you beat me by 16mm! ... and I thought mine was large. I feel like I'm growing another boob but it's under my arm so a bit difficult to get a bra to fit! Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your grandson.

Kitcat & Deb, I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, I have my pre-assessment for the drug trial on the 14th. It's OK to cry. my OH says he's going to fit a tap to my head!

I now have a date to start my chemo - 22nd Feb. I'll be there all day apparently if I'm part of this trial. So got to have a CT scan, blood tests, dental checks, and if I meet the criteria (whoo!) I'll be on it. Anything for research into this dreaded bc!!

So I'll be in the Starting Chemo in Feb thread but I'll be looking into the March thread to keep an eye on everyone and to send virtual hugs!

Hugs and xxxx
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Deb

I know exactly how you're feeling about the Oncologist because you know once you see him the next steps are set in stone & you can't pretend it's not happening. I blubbed in front of him when he was talking about chemo & rads & hormone therapy & fertility etc. I'm sure I wasn't the first to blub & won't be the last...lol. I'm ok now (well as ok as you can be waiting to start chemo) but it's a step at a time thing so you'll get through it. You can hold my hand!

Twinky x

Kitcat

Hi Deb,
I'm also seeing the oncologist on Feb 14 so you're in good company. I'm planning to write down some questions to ask based around how soon I can start treatment and how feasible it will be for me to work during it.

I also want to ask them to keep me properly in the loop because I had a call from my doctor yesterday about my holiday insurance claim and it turned out that she had been receiving letters from the hospital telling her something different to what was being told to me. ie. She was told I wasn't getting chemo while I definitely am getting it.

It might be too strong to say that I feel like a non-person but I am unhappy that decisions are being made about my health when I am not being kept informed about them.
KC

saffronseed

Hi Deb, i think you will find that we have all been there and cried like babies at times - it is very much a rollercoaster and some days you feel stronger than others. please don't beat yourself up - you should cry if you feel like it - you are going through a lot and its natural to feel scared as you are not in control of whats happening to you it does help to have a good cry - there is lots of support on this site so sending you loads of cyber hugs. good luck with everything xxx you will get through it I promise x