cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

Debh, Twinky, Debster Thank you all so much, really, its a huge difference when it comes from someone who know's exactly how you feel. Good luck to you all with your chemo, warm smiley hugs.

I'm feeling better today (after my 3 day tearfest)(mad how much difference a day, hour, hot drink makes!)Letter arrived today with my next appt this week, a week early so a bit less waiting to find out what next. I'm 5 days after my 2nd op I can shower, so very nice and the world smells nicer and my 2 gorgeous dogs I'm sure thank me for it and not drowning them in tears today.

Alanaa warm hugs

Guest user
Not applicable

Alaana (sorry Alanaa) its all those a's!
Hugs from me too

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear you're still having a rough time Alanaa, no wonder you feel down. I do hope you're managing to eat properly to help your poor body heal. Tempting not to bother when you're tired but you need to nourish your body. Here's hoping a weekend of seeing your son perks you up!

Hugs

Twinky x

mollie43

afternoon ladies,

Jusr had my pre chemo appt and start the week commencing 19th march,i can't start until my seroma is sorted and it's draing nearly a litre of fluid a week at the moment.

alanna you poor thing just take things easy and don't do too much.

Twinky good luck for weds keep us updated as you go along.

Gentle hugs to all debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon Ladies

I am feeling a bit down at the moment. My wound is still 5cm in depth open and it is just taking so long to heal. Have the nurse calling to change the dressing every 2nd day now, so that is an improvement from the daily visit.

It is just knocking the energy out of me something shocking. Will try and talk myself out of doing some ironing this afternoon.

My son is coming home for the weekend so I am very much looking forward to that.

Hope you are all doing okay with no hick ups along the way.

Love Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovelies

Alanaa & Fat Cat -hope you feel better today

carmy - thanks for the friendly advice re March chemo, I feel worried that if I join March (as i'm really in Feb) that it would be bad luck...silly me

chascat - forget the hygene and enjoy your cuddles 🙂

debh - good luck for today, I'm scared too and I hope you sail through without any probs

Twinky - agree, hope that the thought is worst than the deed, holding your hand already for you for weds

Spacehopper - oh hun don't tell yourself off what your feeling is completely understandable by anyones standards!

poppyD - hope its good news for you on the 8th

Off now to get ready for my next big hurdle.... gulp

Big hugs and lots of xxxxxx to all

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Big hugs Spacehopper. It's a scary time isnt it & the waiting drives you nuts! Let's hope the second op achieved the clear margins needed. Your body is going through a lot, not just from the ops but also anxiety etc so don't be surprised if there are tears. It's quite 'normal' and don't be hard on yourself.

Has anyone heard from Alanaa at all? She wasn't well at the start of the weekend & I wondered if she was feeling any better.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight or else you'll be on the UAN thread!

Twinky x

poppyD

Hi

good luck with the chemo everyone I am still not sure wether joining you or not waiting for the 8th March to find out

Lots of hugs spacehopper hope you get results and plan soon

Lydia are you back at work this week if so good luck
Love Poppy x

debh

Hi Twinky,

Hope your chemo goes well on Wednesday, here's hoping for minimal SE's for all of us.

Spacehopper, think we all know how you are feeling, it appears to be all waiting, waiting, waiting it never seems to end.

You will get lots of support on here the ladies are lovely and understanding.

Deb xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi just reading some of your comments with tears rolling down my face, trying to be strong but so scared and I don't feel I can say that to anyone. Everything from diagnosis 18 Dec, first op 18 Jan WLE and Nodes, 2nd Op 22 Feb have all gone so well I shouldn't be so upset. Reading down everyone feels the same, its the loss of control waiting on results phase..... I've tried the ignore it, don't think about it, keep as many friends coming round, stay on the phone all day and even sleep it off but nothing is working at the minute. Week and a half to go before results through to confirm if they've got the margins. I've tried telling myself off but I think its just a phase I'm going through?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debster & DebH

You beat me by two days in the chemo starting day stakes. Mine is on Weds 29th ( not another one of those for four years) so you can warn me in advance how the SEs progress during the cycle...not that I'm allowing myself to have any other than a bit of tiredness to excuse me staying in bed for a bit reading & watching daytime tv instead of doing housework! Getting nervous. Hope I will be done when I start. Maybe the thought of it is worse than the doing it ( points to pig flying past window).

Let's all hold hands!

Twinky x x

debh

Hi Ladies,

Debster I start chemo on same day as you and I am going to join the March thread, then we can all stick togther. Hope you get on ok.

I am so Scared.

Alanaa sorry your not feeling too well hope you soon feel a bit better.

Good luck to everyone else starting treatment this week.

Deb xxx

chascat

Hi all

Last night my cat starting off sleeping on chest and then settled on my pillow curled around my head - i'm sure that's not very hygenic but he's old and needs comfort too so I don't care!

Love to all

Lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Debster, I‘m in the March chemo thread and it‘s nice in there. I‘m starting the 13th but some are starting the 1st.

I hope you are all recovering well. I had my surgery Feb 7th and could have done with a thread of surgery buddies.

Isn‘t sofa time with the cat just the best? Doing that now. 😉

Warm hugs all around,

Carmy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Alanaa and fat cat, sorry to hear you are not feeling so good at the moment. Is it your wound still or just generally feeling low ?
Sending lots of hugs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon Ladies

just to wish all of you who start chemo next week all the best.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I am not feeling to good at present so loads of sofa time for my cat and myself.

Alanaa and Fat Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lovlies,
Havn't visited for a good few weeks as Iv'e been playing the denail game. Rules: keep busy with work and try to do all normal things before diagnosis and it will go away......winning for couple of weeks but had pre chemo assestment yesterday, couldn't sleep and had a real good cry...game over.

Debh & Twinky - I'm having same as you too FEC x3 & T x3 start Mon 27th, wish you both the very best of luck and hope that your'e both better for the next part of your journey x.

Do you think I should join the Feb or March chemo thread?

Supersue - know what you mean about the cording, blooming painful, read on another thread that lady hung gently from door frame, helped me and gives a good stretch...hang on in there it will go away I'm told 🙂

Thinking of you all and your tough decisions.

BIG hugs
xxx

poppyD

Hi

Thinking of you all good luck with your treatments and hope we will all have made decisions that we feel comfortable with soon

love Poppy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies

Don't know about some of you but with all other appointments and chemo looming surgery seems ages ago. In one way it was easier not having to make the decision about chemo myself. I can see how hard that would be. Went into see my work colleagues yesterday and although manic as they have been sprung a subject Ofsted on Tuesday it was also great to see everyone and get lots of hugs and good wishes.

Wishing all the fellow January buddies safe healing and good luck if you have to make those decisions. I look forward to catching up on March chemo thread.

Love to all.

Carolyn Xxx

chascat

Hi all

I have my oncology appointment on Wednesday 29th Feb, I'm pooing my pants already! Like Sassy and Poppy I too only had 1 micro met in one lymph node, but have been told I definately do need chemo, it's hard to get your head around us being treated differently - and also makes me paranoid about my prognosis! Think i'm coming round to the idea of not having the cold cap, originally was definately going to try it but now i'm swaying the other way.

The sun is shining here and it's beautiful, everything is much easier to deal with on a lovely day isn't it.

Love and big virtual hugs to all.

Lydia x

poppyD

Hi Sassy

I am in a similar situation I have to decide re chemo it is so difficult. The only conclusion i have come to is that whatever deciscion you make it will be the right one. I had one micro met which is why borderline otherwise would not be discussing chemo.

difficult when you have to make the deciscion when do you see onco again. Goodluck with decision

love Poppy x

Guest user
Not applicable

Will do sassy.
you dither away as its up to you what you do, as long as you feel you have all the information you need before you make your decision, its difficult but wish you the very best.
Mary P xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mary,

Thank you! I'm still dithering a bit!

I used bio-oil first time and got an infection but didn't use it second time..in fact didn't touch the wound at all, but still got an infection!! Go back and see what they say.

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sassy, So pleased for you, the odds seem to be very much in your favour so you need to go with the knowledge you have but am delighted for you. Enjoy your sons party!!
Its 5 weeks since my op and over the last few days my boob has been very red and feels very warm (not hot), spoke to GP surgery who say its inflamation but I am not happy so going to go back to surgery tomorrow to try and see a doctor.Odd though that this should happen so long after op. I have been using Bio-oil on my scar over the last week so am wondering if it could possibly be an allergic reaction to that!!?? Anyone else had any problems so long after surgery??
Debbie hope your fliud is reducing.
Thinking of you all
Hugs to everyone
Mary P xxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've had the pros and cons weighed up for having chemo, and the benfits are so marginal I'm 99.9% sure of saying no. Tricky as it seems many of us here with similar outcome to me are having it, but as we know no two people are the same, so I have to go with what I'm told about me. I might post elsewhere to see if anyone else is in the same conundrum!

I've had a hectic couple of days with various appointments and fitting a few hours work in as well as my two darling children! My boob now feels as if it has gone through a marathon without wearing a bra! Very very sore! Also once you start feeling better you forget to take the pain killers so note to self to keep myself topped up with those!

Tracy, I had my second lumpectomy on the same wound as before and was worried, but it seems to be fine and although I think it's painful (as above, it is only 2 weeks ago!) the nurse was very happy with the way it was healing and you only get one scar!

Anyway, Mary#s you both sound chirpy! Good luck Twinky for Monday, keep strong.

How are you Alaana and Fatcat, feeling any better?

It's all so confusing this isn't it, I wish we were all the same and comparing apples with apples!!!!!!! I still can't beleive I've had such good results, I am happy but feel a bit nervous still!!

It's my sons 11th birthday on Tuesday, so I'm going to enjoy this weekend at his laser tag party and the family coming on Sunday! Cakes to bake...........

Lots of love & hugs,

Sassy xx

teabelly

hi everyone
just been for pre op im fit to go so 2nd op 8th march to get more clear margin i have been told defo got to have chemo should start beginning of april
sassy hope you get away without having chemo i have no glands involved cause mine is grade 3 i have got to have it
Mary p im same been waiting so long i was diagnosed in dec and wont start chemo till april it all takes so long
anyone else had 2nd operation to get more clear margin im bit nervous about reopening the wound
hugs to all
tracy x x

Guest user
Not applicable

good evening mes amis
I have just written a long update and submitted it whereas it disappeared into the ether...so to cut a long story short ...went to Montauban today (not so far as Toulouse) met new docteur ...have planning session 1st March ...start rads a week/10 days after that so will miss going on the February rads thread.....
lots of hugs to everyone

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
sorry not been on much but back at work and have been really tired in the evenings, having lots of early nights!!
I got my appt today for oncologist 6th March, seems to have taken forever, much longer then everyone else. This may mean I will be in the chemo Mar thread but the way things are going it could even be April. I am so fed up of the waiting.
Good luck Sassy for tomorrow.
Hugs to everyone
Mary P xxxx

mollie43

Goood luck sassy hope all goes well.

I have got my pre chemo assesment on monday so should no when it starts, getting scared now.

I won't be leaving either this has really helped me with my journey so far.

Just waiting for my seroma to stop have been again today, it's driving me mad! debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Sassy -
hope you can avoid the chemo.

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All,

I hope you're all OK and recovering or coping with waiting.

My wait is over and got my results from second op today. Clear margins this time! So no more surgery which I've really struggled with and am so pleased. I'm definitely having rads and tamoxifen and am borderline chemo. So seeing the oncologist tommorow to disuss risks/benefits etc.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support, this site has kept me sane! I'm not leaving here yet and plan to have that meet uo in July.

Happy Sassy xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to you all

Debbie hope you a feeling a bit easier now since you got the fluid taken off again.

Sassy will be thinking of you tomorrow and keep you in my thoughts.

Greetings to all the rest of you Buddies and a hug from

Alanaa and Fat Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Lydia: Great about the nodes!Best of luck with whats to come....

I went to see my surgeon today and she said my breast was healed well enough to start rads - so I go off to another clinic wednesday for the planning with the sessions probably starting a week after that which might mean i join the feb rads thread or more likely the March rads thread - is there one?And then after that the hormone stuff .....
All my tests were OK - bone, liver, lungs ...and she doesnt need to see me again until 6 months after the end of rads...so onwards and upwards!
Will be checking in here to see how everyone is ....even tho you are all dispersing into different places...will probably report back wednesday....
hugs to everyone

Mary M

debh

Hi Lydia,

Thats really good news about nodes, its nice for positive news makes it worth while going through the treatment for some peace of mind.

Deb xxx

chascat

Hi Ladies

Well had the result of my ANC today and all the remaining nodes were clear, so just 1 micro met in 1 of 15 nodes so i'm very relieved. Unfortunately i have to have chemo too, as soon as i've recovered from the ANC, probably by the end of March, so i'll be joining many of you in the March chemo thread.

Hope everyone is doing ok - as much as that is possible 🙂

Big hugs

Lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sassy

Will be thinking of you Tuesday. Let us know how you get on. I'm trying to settle down to sleep but feel a bit restless. Hubby gets up about 5:30 on a Monday morning to head down south & we never seem to sleep well Sunday night. I'm getting a bit nervous too as things will be starting to happen for me in the next few days as I get ready to start chemo next Monday.

Hugs to everyone

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

Just checking in to see how everyone is...hopefully we will keep this thread going as well as others.

I'm just waiting still for my results on Tuesday, I don't know for sure whether I'll be having chemo, I suspect I will, and whether I need more surgery or not.

I hope everyone's being looked after and has had a comfortable weekend!

Love and hugs

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh dear...poorly pussies. Always think it's worse for an animal to be ill than a human 😞

Hi Debbie....that seroma has really been a bother hasn't it (gentle hugs) & annoying to have chemo delayed as the sooner you start the sooner you finish (well that's what I'm telling myself). Seems there's so many things that can happen with all the treatment for something that originally gave us little/ no indication it was there! Not fair is it.....

Twinky x

mollie43

Hello ladies,

Well yet another trip to the hospital to get my seroma drained yesterday, it just does not want to stop.

Di i fear the same as you my 17 year old moggie is unwell and have to take her back to the vet on monday,she can't keep any food down at all.She is ok in herself but throwing up constantly.

Alanaa i have a stinking cold and cough as well, my bcn said its because of a low immune system after my op, the cthings we are going throgh.They told me yesterday that they won't start my chemo until my seroma has cleared up, so roll on then we can get on with the treatment.

Hope everyone else is well and anyone starting chemo next wekk go luck debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Buddies

http://share.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35938&p=639474#p639474

Here is the Chemo in March thread. I suppose I'll be between the two, but I'll be checking into Jan Buddies too.

Alaana: Patchit (Joan) on the March Chemo thread, has an 18 year old dear cat who has just been diagnosed with cancer. Don't know if you've posted to her, but she may appreciate some support from other feline friends.

My dear 19 year old can has now got an overactive thyroid to go along with her failing kidneys, just another tablet for her to take, poor thing.

Going to try to get some sleep now, before I find myself on the Up All Nighters thread again!

Hugs and xxxx
Di

Should be 'cat' not 'can' ... and that's before chemo starts! no excuse for chemo-brain!

Guest user
Not applicable

Good afternoon to you all

Debbie hope your fluid will get better soon. I had mine drained until last week and all of a sudden it stopped filling up so hopefully you will stop soon as well.
Got a horrid cold at the moment and just have no energy at all. Just about manage to feed Fat Cat and look after her needs and make a coffee before I have to go back on the sofa again. Looks like a quiet weekend cuddled up with my feline companion.

Hugs to all of you

Alanaa and Fat Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

Debh - I am having the same as you ( 3 x FEC, 3x T) so we'll get through it together! It should have started Mon 20th but is now pencilled in for Mon 27th provided that I'm better.

So sorry that many of you have suffered with fluid issues. I am glad I had Dennis for so long as I seem to be fine now.

Still living under the duvet & coughing well but going to shower & get dressed today. Hubby is now home so I'll get fed & watered regularly which should help. Bless him... When I said I needed a shower he said cheekily could he watch & I said I was a disgusting mess at the moment. He then told me off and told me he loved me. I also got told off for not rubbing cream into my MX scar. I will start doing that. I'm so grateful for his support & understanding. He's been fantastic support.

Well I think the shower is well overdue so off I trot.

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All

Yes there is a new thread for chemotherapy in March, I feel quite proud to say I started it when I got back from the oncologist on Wednesday. I agree with you Di we should still check in now and again here as we all still have the January operations in common.

Poor you Debbie it sounds he'll having Your seroma drained, and you are not Ranting you are sharing with like minded sufferers:)

Good to hear from you Deb and from what I know( or listened to during more baffling medical terms on Wednesday) everyone is treated slightly differently with drugs regimes it seems to depend on what the tumour was like, type and whether or not lymph nodes were affected.

Lovely to hear from you all and look forward to being kept posted here or on March chemotherapy thread.

Hugs to all

Carolyn xxx

mollie43

Hi tracey,

Sorry your results weren't better. You will be joining a lot of us for chemo and rads.

There is a chemo in march thread,can't think off the top of my head who started it but think people fee starting to post inthat as well as this.

I have to have my seroma drained yet again tomorrow its got huge,feels like a football on my chest. 3 weeks post op tomorrow and this Will be the 6th time,seems never ending and they won't let me start chemo till It's sorted.rant over. Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi buddies,
Not been on here for a while, just in limbo waiting for first chemo next Wednesday. Incidentally, I've been looking back through the thread and I think we forgot to say 'Welcome' to Moya and Cliff-Fan (on page 32).

Moya and Cliff-Fan: let us know how you are doing - we should be supporting you.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting results. Is this where we split onto different threads? This is where it gets complicated! We should just check-in every now and again to keep in touch. I'm in Starting Chemo in February, but look into the new March thread. See you there anyone?

Hugs and xxxx
Di

debh

Hello again,

Just wondering is any one here having FecT 3 of each, I just wonder why some have just Fec and others have FecT,

Deb xx

Margaret_May

Hullo All,

Oncologist today. He was really nice and explained everything very clearly but found myself getting more and more stressed!! Chemo to start in a couple of weeks time,6x FEC at 3 weekly intervals! Lots of figures and ratios and stuff but it sounds like too big a risk not to go with it with the results so here goes.
So looks like there's a crowd of us moving to chemo. Is there a new thread or are we staying put.
Sorry am not replying to you all individually but its so brilliant to come back again and again and know we are going through this together.
lots of love and hugs to all,
Maggie May XXXX
PS Also had a seroma drained for 1st time. Hope its the last!!

Guest user
Not applicable

hello everyone
have spent the day feeling sorry for myself, wood burner not working again, car headlight broken, breast still leaking lymph, but then I read about all you poor ladies who have got to go through worse stuff than me cos you've got to have further surgery or chemo so i've pulled myself together. Weather is better, valley is looking glorious, my husband still loves me....
hugs to all

Mary M

debh

Hi all,

Traceey, Sorry you have to go back for more surgery, but other results sound good.

Lydia, hope your sorness goes away soon. I know what you mean about hubby, mine is a bit the same I think its hard for them.

Sassy, hope your infection soon clears up.

Deb xxx

teabelly

hi Twinky
i was upset about having another but you have to just get on with it when do you have to have chemo im looking at end of march
we will get throught this
lots of love tracy x x