Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

559 REPLIES 559
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Jan 2012 Surgery Buddies

And I'm even further south - dont think I'm coming to England in July -thats when people visit me!
But if you do arrange a meet ...please let me know all about it!

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening to you all

I am finally starting my rads on the 19th April so should be all clear by June/July for a meeting. Living in Moray in the North East of Scotland so will have to travel down South as I suppose the majority of you will be bases further South.
Believe it or not we are having about 4 inches of snow at the moment and it is still coming down thick and fast. Roll on Spring

Wishing you all a nice Easter Break

Hugs from Alanaa and Fat Cat

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sassy

Just following on from before. I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne, but can easily get to Leeds, Birmingham a little more difficult.

I'm keen for a meet-up in July.

Hugs and xxxx
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

I am in Lancashire. I havent started chemo yet! Should be starting in next couple of weeks, hopefully be finished by end july, I think!!
Best wishes everyone
Mary P xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, well just got results from WLE and SNB nodes all clear, but have to have more tissue removed from breast, to make sure they've got all of it, surgery will be 23rd march, so not long to wait, hope all you ladies are doing ok xx Toni x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello

I'm in the Midlands to, not far from Warwick

Twinky x

mollie43

morning ladies,

Sassy i am on the south coast but happy to travel, i am starting chemo 22nd march so should finis beging of july. debbie x

teabelly

Hi Sassy
Im in the midlands as well Lydia would be great to meet all you brave ladies
tracyxx

chascat

Hi Sassy

Good news about the radiotherapy, soon all be over with for you 🙂

I'm in the Midlands, due to finish chemo all being well beginning of July, would love a meet up somewhere.

Love Lydia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sassy
Will you be joining some of us who are on the starting rads in March thread?

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there lovely ladies,

Oh, I hope you are all OK and managing treatment, recovery and ...waiting!

We haven't got any specific time/date/place for a meet up..I suggested July as hopefully we should all be well by then. We're so spread out but I'm thinking Birmingham or Leeds, it depends how easy it is to get there for you. Maybe you could all let me know your location and we can see where the majority of us are. I'm London!

Well I've had my rad planning meeting and am starting on 28March. OK about it except trying to fit everything in around it!

Started the tamoxifen and don't seem to be having any problems so far.

Good luck, best wishes, love & hugs to you brave and clever girls still enduring waiting and treatment planning.

Love & hugs

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Debbie - I know all this waiting is horrible! Its been 3 months since I was dianosed and all we want is for all this be over and done. It must be awful for you with your seroma, I really feel for you and hope you get your chemo done soon. I havent got a date yet! Onc says within 3 weeks and I also have to have a heart ultesound. They need to use as a baseline I believe as chemo can have an effect on your heart! Never ends does it. Work does look attractive when you are hanging around waiting. I have been back 3 weeks and it has kept my mind off things a bit. Good Luck.
Hope everyone else is ok?
((Hugs)) to everyone
Mary P xxx

mollie43

Hello lovely ladies,

Di i am so sorry that your news was not so good, hope you had your juicing today.Mine was put off because of my seroma, beem again today and it is slightly better only 350mls today feel like a cow being milked.
I have had another steroin injection and am hoping that i can finally start chemo on 22 march have to have a heart ultrasound monday.Iam really frd up and bored even missing work which i hate normally. love to everyone debbie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thinking of you Di hope you had your chemo ok today.
Big Hug
Mary P

Guest user
Not applicable

Had my surgery on the 20 January. Mastectomy and lymph glands removed - 8 affected. 2nd Chemo on Monday. Tried the cold cap but it didnt work for me. Just had hair cut really short. Its true what they say this does help - not such a shock. Feeling pretty good at moment.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Mary M and Alanaa and Fat Cat,

My Scampi-cat knows something is wrong with me, she just wants to sit on my keyboard all the time!
Spoke to the helpline today so I feel much better, also been to a naval do with OH this evening and that has cheered me up - always good wine at naval do's - Lol!

Yes, Mary M, I've got to have rads there too as well as the tumour site. I've been told that mine is NOT secondary, it's called recurrance. My dreaded cells moved to the neck rather that the armpit! I never do things properly anyway, even when I was pregnant I was different - I have a heart-shaped uterus!

How are you Alanaa anyway? Hope Fat Cat is still keeping you company - weren't you spending some time with your son? These threads are so long now I can't remember!

Here's hoping that my juicing WILL happen tomorrow!

Hugs and xxxx to all
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Di, no wonder you are feeling gutted. I am keeping you in a special corner of my mind and thoughts.

All our love

Alanaa and Fat Cat xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Di...
big hugs from me
i'm having rads to the sternum at the moment ...never knew there were lymph glands there..until a couple of weeks ago.

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Why do we have to go through this?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

> inoperable but not untreatable
> chemo delayed to Friday
> oncologist on holiday
> absolutely gutted!

Hugs and xxxx
Di

teabelly

hi everyone
I go to Oncology on 28 th March so i wont be starting chemo till April i am sick of waiting for appointments i feel this will never end
I would love to meet up with you all if you dont mind me joining
Mary P im the same get to hospital with questions and come away forgot to ask hope you get your date soon
Spacehopper glad your is going so fast my appointment take forever and im getting more uptight daily about chemo
Sassy hope you are feeling less tearful and weird today i feel like that regularly hope your pains ease
Debbie i feel for you hope the steroids help you
Di good luck with your chemo hope it all went well
hope everyone else well and keeping happy
lots of love Tracy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Well had my oncology appt yesterday and chemo starts end of March when they have a slot!!! Whatever that means. I was a little disappointed as reading your posts you all seem to be in touch with chemo nurses and getting your wigs sorted, there was no mention of anything like that yesterday. Chemo was the only thing discussed but I was in a bit of a tizz so maybe I should have asked! I am having 6 sessions 3x FEC then 3x Texotare and the doc has said not to work on the 3 week breaks in between as my White cell count will be low and I will be susceptible to infection which I was a little disappointed about as like everyone else there is a financial implication.
Spacehopper - I have been back at work for 3 weeks first 2 on phased return and its been fine as I feel really well at the moment and work have been really good and supportive. They are also being supportive over my forthcoming abscence.
Di and Debbie - Good luck with starting your chemo.
Tracey - hope you are feeling better after your op.
Sassy - give yourself a break, its no wonder you are tearful with all we have to go through, you be tearful if you want to be!! (((Big Hug))) Did you get your perscription?
Twinky - so sorry you are having to go through this all again.
Thinking of you all and hope that I may join you all on the March Thread.
Would be good to meet up with everyone if you dont mind me joining?
((Hugs)) to everyone xx
Mary P

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies, hope you have a great day out together, wherever it may be, let the sun shine x.
Had that oh so well known sinking feeling when the post arrived and letter for my onc. appt for Monday, which I wasn't expecting for a couple of weeks. Its certainly moving fast, which is good.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Lovelies,

Tracey & Twinky hop eyoure both feeling better? Deb, good that their sorting out your seroma now, hope its ok.

Glad to hear youre feeling better Alanaa!

We havent decided yet where best to meet ...Ithink we're spread all over the place. Any suggestion: Birmingham is quite handy for transportation, Leeds possibly? I'm near London but it's a long way for some of you. Let me know!

Still haven't had my rad appointment and didn't realise that I had to get my tamoxifen prescription from the hospital so have to go back there tomorrow for that! I'm still quite sore and it's a month on from surgery now. Don't know if I'm doing too much driving and stting upright at a desk for too long makes it sore? Anyway still getting post surgery pains? I hadn't been taking painkillers as I'd felt so much better but have started again now.

Feeling strangely weird and tearful, very snappy with the kids at the moment. Can'y quite explain it!

Love to all

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
Debster, thanks, going to get my long hair cut to my shoulders so there's not so much to fall out.
Di thanks for the website links been through it all with doc (she'd rather I went part time, however meanwhile in reality no lottery win, 2 gorgeous dogs to support, she understands). Went to see boss, boo hoo'd over him and felt a fool! All very understanding and a phased return from 16th which we'll review.
Twinky, 2nd lot of chemo wow you are a very strong lady hugs and x, hope you had a great time out and had a good giggle.
Heading out for a nice walk in the sunshine with the dogs on salisbury plain.
Warm hugs to everyone and thanks for all your help and support love x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening to you all

Oh Debbie,you poor darling - you are still battling with your seroma. I am still waiting for my wound to heal but glad to say it is getting so much better now. Hopefully will be able to get the rads started sometime in April.

Twinky hope you are feeling a bit better this evening.

Sassy any update on the planned meeting re location, date etc.

Di Fat Cat is sending greeting - she is as cuddly and lazy as ever.

Hugs to you all from

Alanaa and Cat xxxx

mollie43

Afternoon ladies,

Well saw the consultant today,had 550mls drained and a massive steroids injection into the seroma,hopefully it will dry up now

,he says he has only seen this twice before.I have to go back Friday for a check up keep your fingers crossed for me.

I am starting my chemo 22nd all being well so will be posting in the march chemo as well.

Twinky hope you had a hood day with Claire and the other ladies,wait your up date later today.Claire is a real insperation to a lot of us I think.

Newc43 good luck for the chemo weds.

Hope everyone is keeping there chins up as we go down the rocky road Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi January Buddies

Haven't posted for a while but I do look at the thread to see how everyone is doing.

Spacehopper:
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/impact-breast-cancer/finances-practical...
I'm doing a phased return to work, here's the info from this website, there's also alot on the Macmillan site. You can also look at Department for Work and Pensions site where they talk about financial issues and employee rights.

Been for a PET scan this morning - 97 mile round trip! for the mobile scanner, when the hospital for my chemo is only a mile away!

Start my chemo on Wednesday, so you can see my 'progress' on the March 2012 Chemo thread.

Sassy: Can you tell me about the July meet-up again please, it's too far back on the thread to find. I seem to remember it's in the Yorkshire area? I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Hugs and xxxx
Di

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Made my hubby some food tonight after all his hard work with the housework. I feel better when I eat but the inbetween eating bits are horrible. Not eating very healthily but will address that after the chemo. More interested in keeping myself away from too much nausea to care about the waistline. Can cope with aches pains & tiredness...just hate the dead mouth! See...big woss me but I know it's for the best.

Will be lovely to see Clare & the gang tomorrow even if I don't stay long. I am the pudding fairy to lead everyone astray!

Twinky x

teabelly

hi Twinky i finally feel human again finally eating again i was fine after first op dont know what went wrong this time
hope everyone having good evening
tracy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lovelies,

Tracey, I also hope you feel better too.

Twinky, I admire you very much indeed for your courage in having to do chemo a second time. Hope you get to see Clare & gang and you stay healthy "Mrs" x

Peanut, good luck with Onc Tuesday

Spacehopper, I didn't even consider the cap, don't want any hiding up in my head to escape the radar. Silly of me I know.....

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon everyone
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tracy

So sorry to hear you were poorly after your second op. hope the tummy settles down soon & you start feeling lots better. Did you have trouble after your first op too?

Hugs

Twinky x

teabelly

hi ladies
had a bad few days had 2nd op on thu cant really remember much about waking up after just being sick all the time had to stay in still not feeling 100% and cant eat had a slice of toast in 3 days oh dear it must get better soon
hope everyone else feeling ok with there chemo you all seem so brave
lots of love tracy x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening

I was so brave going through my MX but I'm a real wimp on the chemo side. Had my first FEC dose & am on day 4. Wasn't sick but nausea has been challenging & my taste buds are already affected so I hate water now. Had a neulesta jab on day 2. They warned me there might be aches & pains but nothing so far. Last steroids day was today. Went to Tesco with hubby tonight & cooked him a steak but I'm lacking in energy. He just helped me change the bed too. Trying not to think about the next two cycles of the same regime. I had chemo back in 2006 & thought I got through that ok but it seems worse this time. My first one last time was just like a bit of a hangover. This time it feels much worse but I'm having a bigger mixture of drugs this time so it's not surprising. Hubby has been home with me this week but I dread him being away for the next two cycles. Wonder how I will cope. Need to think about planning friends on standby to transport me to the hospital in case I ever fall ill when he's away. It's not easy finding someone who isn't at work to take me. Just have to stay healthy then! Can't get an NHS ambulance to a private hospital. Probably feel a bit down due to the treatment. I shall probably be ok when I'm back on my feet. Hubby disappears Monday so I will miss him. Hoping to be well enough to go over & see Clare & the gang. That will cheer me up.

Good luck to all of you....holding your hand if you need me to x

Twinky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, well still doing ok and started massaging (suggested by BC nurse on Thursday) which is helping with the aches, tightness and to get some of the swelling down. I'm going through alot of body lotion.

Debster thanks x well done you! You must feel pleased first 1 done. Good to hear how the chemo is going that'll be my next step and I know everyone reacts differently (bit scary reacting to the anti sickness)Great to hear you've got it sorted. Did you try the cold cap? I'm getting ahead of myself no onc. appt yet. I have looked at the list on the chemo treatment thread and it covers everything (that's what I love about this site).

Hi Sassy, reflexology sounds good, did it get rid of the under arm pain?

Hi Peanut, how have you found going back to work? I'm going in to talk to them next week about how to manage it and what to expect with chemo treatments ahead - they've been great so far.

Take care everyone love and hugs, especially to those not feeling so great x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, 30nov66,I do have my other half spoiling me,which is great, I hope other girlies here have the same, for those that haven't we are all here for you 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

I am full of admiration for all you guys (i use that word advisedly) who are managing children and jobs.....i would be a blubbering useless wreck if i had to do that.....

hugs to you all

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone
Pleased to see lots of energy and positivity coming from you all. I have been back at work couple of weeks now and am well settled in, so much so that I keep forgetting about the BC!!! Then I look at my diary and remember I have an appt with oncologist Tues to discuss chemo!!Ah well!
Thinking of you all and will keep in touch as I would like to know how everyone getting on.
Hugs to all
Mary P xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovelies,

Had my first Chemo Monday, wasn't half as bad as expected, lovely nurse. I was allergic to the anti sickness pills they gave me so I just got worse and worse, made me suicidal and I didin't know quite what to do with myself. I'm on other ones now and feeling much better. I liked the ambulance ride but would have been more fun with the blue light just to get the curtains twitching 🙂

Spacehopper - so glad your feeling brighter, theres some lovely people on here to always cheer you up.

I'm thinking of all you lovelies having had or going to have extra surgery (as if is once isn'nt enough)

Also big hugs and good luck wishes to all those starting Rads

XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning lovely ladies,

Bike chic - glad your op went well. You feel great when you get home don't you. Get loys of rest and eat well...hope you have someone to spoil you!

How are you doing Tracey, did it go allright?

Alanaa - how are you feeling now, are you getting any better? Hows Fat cat? I hope you children have started on the hallway, it's nice of them to do that. Hope they take you out as well and get you a big yummy healing dinner! Glad that you have some company anyway, but don't go overdoing it!

Hi Mary, yes I'll be on rads in march. I don't have my appointment yet but I'm sure it will be through soon!

Well, I've been back back to work and just doing mornings. Find that sitting upright for too long makes by boob hurt and gives me back ache so I come home for a kip before the kids get home! My son had a great school report this week and my daughter got 100% for making choc & orange muffins! Small acheivements mean so much ..really gave me a boost! Their with their Dad this weekend, hate it when their away but it does mean I can do grown up things! I;m going to see the Marigold Hotel film tonight with some girlfriends who've all been so lovely lately.

Hope everyone is recovering and coping with what's on your plate.

Stay in touch Jan surgery buddies...July meet up looming!

Love & hugs

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm new on here, I had WLE and SNB on 29th feb, was home on the same day, and apart from the bruising all is good, I feel fine and looking forward to a good future, will have to have radiotherapy, but the support I've got from family and friends is amazing 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all, its amazing how some good news suddenly makes you feel you can do anything, I'm making the most of these great feelings and bouncing around. Results of 2nd op, they've got it all, they have the clear margins and now wait for onc appt to talk chemo been advised it'll be 18wks of it.
Teabelly - big hug - how you doing, hope your op went well and everything is crossed for you, be over nice to yourself you need it you've been through alot and you really need time to get over the ops.

Guest user
Not applicable

Sassy

Does that mean you will be joining us on the starting rads in March thread? Please do!

Mary M

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sassy

My son is coming home this Friday for the weekend. He and my middle girl are going to paper my hall for me, which should not take to long as I live in a 2 bedroom cottage and so will have lots of family time.

I am not having chemo either as the risk of compromising my renal transplant (from 16 years ago) is just to great. that treatment has been a no starter from the beginning, so will have 15 loads of rads once this darn wound has healed and was put on Femara for the next 5 years.

Love Alanaa and Cat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi lovely ladies,

How are you all getting on?

Alanaa I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better? Did your son come at the weekend and spoil you - I hope so!

How are you Chascat?

I've said no to chemo. Onc and surgeon both think it's overtreatment. Starting rads should be in about 3 weeks. Eeeek!

I had a complimentary reflexology session on Monday, (run by a local charity for BC patients) 2nd one I've had and I can't speak highly enough of it, it's a miracle! All my boob and shouler/back pains melted away! If you get the chance, have it!

Good luck Tracy, you can get it done now.

Love to all,

Sassy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Tracy glad you don't have to wait another week for your op and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hope you are feeling not to bad after your chemo today Twinky and get some cosy time tonight.

Thanks to all of you for thinking of me. Had the onc app yesterday and have to get bone scan (was put on Femara for 5 years) done and have to see him again in 4 weeks to establish the healing process of the wound and to get the rads timing planned.

Hugs to all of you from

Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx

chascat

Hi Tracy

Good news they've brought it forward, the waiting is the pits.

Love Lydia x

teabelly

good news i have got a cancellation for tomorrow for my operation so a week early bit nervous but least it will be over tomorrow
hope all are well
lots of love tracy x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon

Got a couple more scars now to add to my collection! Op went fine (I went for the knock out option rather than just sedation) & my portacath now ready for my chemo tomorrow! Just had a jacket potato & should be able to go home later this afternoon.

Glad you're feeling a bit brighter now Alanaa. Big hugs ( but delicate ones due to my post op soreness).

Twinky x

teabelly

hi everyone
im sat waiting for the 2nd operation on 8th march it feels like forever
spacehopper i was diagnosed same time as you had my first op on 18th jan and they didnt get clear margin im not looking forward operation as it delays chemo i wont be starting that till April hope you are feeling ok
Alanaa hope you are feeling a bit better it must be horrible for you
Good luck to everyone starting chemo soon
lots of love tracy x x