cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jane Tomlinson

38 REPLIES 38
flisam

Re: Jane Tomlinson

A very brave lady that her family must be immensely proud of. She has been a huge inspiration to me and I would like to thank her and her family. May she rest in peace now.

Lisa x

KatieP

I was deeply saddened to hear of Jane's death, I have always run and in the difficult days of chemo last year for secondary cancer I kept myself going out with thoughts of , if she can do it so can I ! I have read both her books and she comes across as very realistic but determined not to give in. They are also an illustration of how normal family life goes on despite devastating illness. She was completely without self pity. I did wonder how her kids coped with the constant reiteration of the fact that her illness was terminal. She was a great role model for them. I hope that the fact that she touched so many people's lives is a comfort to all her family
Kathryn

IreneM

A wonderful. inspirational lady. Also, lets not forget the support she must have had from her friends and family, to allow her to acheive those amazing goals. I heard her husband in an interview once, and it seemed to me that he gave up a lot to support her, though I know he did this willingly and with love.

My thoughts are with you all, and I hope your good memories sustain you through these dark days ahead.

Love irene

catkin19

RIP Jane. i'm going to cut her picture out of the newspaper and whenever i start feeling sorry for myself i'll look at it and remember her message. deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

princess18

Just wanted to echo what so many others have already said.

Jane Tomlinson was a truly inspirational lady who certainly knew how to live life to the full.

I am so saddened to hear of her passing and my condolances go to her family, friends and all those who were fortunate enough to know her.

R.I.P. Jane, I hope you have gone to a much better place and are at peace, free from pain,

Kelly
-x-

Molennium

When I was diagnosed I really didn't want to start running, swimming and biking and I felt quite inadequate compared with the newspaper reports on Jane Tomlinson's achievements. Then I read her book, "The Luxury of Time" and I realised she really was a fantastic woman - it's a really honest book that tells it how it is. She isn't always lovely, her husband lets her down by going to the pub rather than being with her when he needs her, and she gets cross and pissed off with her family.

Yes she was a great woman and she has been a great role model, even if you don't want to be an ironman.

Jane - rest in peace, or go on running up in heaven.
Mole

aroma

what a lady, so inspirational to all who are fighting this awfull disease, she really was a fighter rest in piece ,my condolances to her family at this sad time, lynn (56. diognosed may 06)

Challsi

Was really sad to hear this news, her courage and dignity shone thru as did her love of life.

As with so many of you, my condolences to her family, they must be so proud of her.

Siggy

mearing

What sad news.
She was a true inspiration. If I only acheive a fraction in my life, of what she did in her lifetime, I'd be very proud.

Lisa x (Aged 28, Dx 1 yr ago)

mel999

A very sad day.
What a truly Insprational Brave Lady.
Sending my thoughts & condolances to her family and Friends.

Mel
x

Lynne

Very sad news - an inspirational lady - read her first book a couple of years ago after my diagnosis. Gave me a real boost and lifted my mood. Currently half way through her second book - will be hard now to finish given the news. My condolances to her family and friends. A great, spirited lady!!!

Lynne

alisoncamera

we all have our places in life, Jane was here to show us what can be achieved, and well, not a lot you can say really, except that all our love goes to her family and to let them know what a fantastic person she was, she never gave up the fight, as none of us ever should, no matter what the prognosis

lots of love

Alisonxxxxxx

Liverbird

RIP Jane, you were unique.
Thinking of her hubby and children. How i cried seeing the little guy shouting his mummy on when she was swimming.
I dont know if i could read her book, but i am sure it is wonderful.
Rx

daisypink

I am very sad to hear that jane has lost her battle.. what a truly amazing and inspirational lady.. one that will never be forgotten..I particulary found her books very factual as she told the truth with how this disease effects us bc sufferers..

rest in peace jane.. my thoughts are with your family..

Love jakki
xx

Sharon3

Just wanted to add my condolences to the others. May you rest in peace Jane xx

Sharon3

thistle

Jane was a very brave lady, she touched everyone and her family must be very proud of her. My prayers are with them. Rest in Peace Jane.

Thistle

olivia07

Jane - RIP - you have touched us all and are a total inspiration.

CeceliaL

Dear all

There is a report on Jane now on Channel 4.

Cecelia. x

ElaineT

I have just seen the news and am also very sad to hear of the death of Jane Tomlinson.
Her family must be very proud of all that she has achieved in the past 7 years.
I was diagnosed Jan 06, doing fine now but have not plucked up the courage to read Jane's book
which I have had for nearly a year but will now try and find out more about this remarkable person.

To her husband, children and family our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Elaine

landlady

Jane was a truly inspirational woman who fought her illness with much courage and dignity...A very brave woman.
God bless Jane.
Sincere condolences to her husband and children.

Caroline

karen

God Bless Jane a true inspiration to us all.
Sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Karen

fiona39

I can only echo what has already been said.

Jane was a real inspiration, I thought that before I was diagnosed with bc last month.

My heartfelt condolences to her family.

Fiona

Jeannie

I didn't know much about Jane Tomlinson until I read her book - The Luxury of Time. It was most inspiring. She seemed to cope remarkably, juggling cancer, work and family life. To me the greatest thing about her was her courage. When suffering great pain she seemed to push her body and spirit to the very limit. Thank you Jane for making me realise I am not the only one out there who has had poor GP care. But mostly, thank you for giving me the courage and hope that getting cancer doesn't have to mean you lie down and die.

My thoughts are with her family of which she had great support.

God bless.

Jeannie

busty1

RIP Jane, she was so inspirational. An amazing lady.

My thoughts are with her husband Mike and her three children

Ruthie xx

CeceliaL

Just wanted to echo everything said.

Condolences to her family, an amazing inspirational woman, she will be sorely missed.

Cecelia. x

belinda

Dear Jane, Rest in Peace.
Belinda.x.x.x

Julie41

What an amazing woman Jane was - an absolute inspiration to us all.

My deepest sympathies to her family, and friends.

Julie x

DilysP

Dear All

Indeed, I echo everything you have all said. She was an amazing lady and my heart goes out to her family and friends. She will be long remembered.

Community Manager

Lynne007

Ive just read - she was a true legend!

How sad! I pass my condolences to all who knew her.

Community Manager

kate67

Very sad to hear that this brave, inspirational lady has passed away. Condolences to her family, friends and all who knew her- R.I.P.

Community Manager

margaretw

Very sad to hear this. Condolences to her family, friends and all who knew her.

Community Manager

mammabee

She was a true inspiration.

Condolances to her family

Community Manager

Dahlia

Oh how sad to hear that this spunky lady has died.
Condolences to all who knew her.

pollym

I am very sad and shocked to hear of Jane's death, she has been through so much and achieved so much I almost didn't expect her ever to die from breast cancer although it was inevitable.

As someone who has been "a runner" for many years she always inspired me that I could anything, after all I didnt have breast cancer and secondaries to contend with too. Then when I was diagnosed with breast cancer her story helped me to believe that there is still life and to grasp it with both hands, hence I try to live every day to the full and try not to waste the time I have left worrying about what might be (although that is never easy).

My love to her husband and lovely daughters and son who she at least has seen grow up.

Pauline (44) x

mounties

Thank god for people like jane tomlinson, who has shown people you can live with breast cancer and still acheive great things. She has done so much work to rasie cash for charities even though she knew there was no hope of a happy ending for her and her family. She really has been a inspiration to everybody and my thoughts and prayers are with her family who must be devasteated but also so proud to have known such a brave selfless woman

lynnc

Hi

I can only repeat what has been said above, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

I was diagnosed at 28 and with secondaries at 29 reading about Janes life and seeing her attitude towards this horrible evil disease really helped me and pushed me to thinking i had a life still and to fight with everything i have! I will continue with this attitude and know Janes achievements will continue to encourage until this thing is beaten.

My love to all Lynnc (30)

fayjay69

Hi Nancy,

I too was very touched to hear the new about Jane.

She was a remarkable woman and a real inspiration.

My thoughts too are with her family.

Fay (38 undergoing chemo for secondary breast cancer)

AnneS

I completely agree with you Nancy. I was very sad to read of Jane Tomlinson's death also. She has achieved so much in her life in spite of this terrible disease and should be an inspiration to everybody with or without breast cancer. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time. I never knew her but was always interested and very heartened by her many achievements. She was an inspiration to us all.

Anne (37)

nancyg

Jane Tomlinson

I have just heard of Jane Tomlinson's death and I felt that I needed to say something. When I heard I cried, I didn't know Jane but thought that she was a real inspiration to all those affected by breast cancer. What a wonderful woman, my thoughts are with her husband, children and family at this time. If we could all do what she has done then a cure for this terrible disease would not be far away. Thank you Jane.

Nancy ( 33,diagnosed 3 years ago)