Did you mean: 

JaneRA - a year already

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted

Re: JaneRA - a year already

Hi Seagulls, I do miss Jane. X
Highlighted

JaneRA was a remarkable woman who lived an honest life and really raised awareness of triple negative cancer. She had a pretty good idea her cancer would spread because of the size of her tumour but she was so clear thinking and faced the future head on. Now there seem to be some breakthroughs in understanding how breast cancer spreads so the focus on secondary breast cancer isn't just about managing pain but about stopping the process of spreading it

So some good has come since she died. I'm sorry she died before the latest research but sorry anyway because she was a special person.

Highlighted

Emperortooco.. I've just noticed your post and am so saddened and disappointed that you may have been diagnosed with the same.
Please post any worries or concerns you may have or questions and advice.
All of the lovely ladies here will be keen to help and encourage you...dont worry.
Find a thread on here that is best for you.
Sending you lots of love and hugs. Bev xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Lost my mum in October, miss her so much it hurts and now I,m going through the same journey as she did, not sure where this journey will take me but determined to fight, fight, fight

Highlighted

Re: JaneRA - one more year already

Yes I miss her too.
Highlighted

Re: JaneRA - one more year already

Coming on here for the first time in a few years and wanted to remember JaneRA one of the most inspiring people who I came to know when I was going through cancer treatment.

I wanted to be treated as an adult and not be patronised by the medical profession. She was the same. RIP Jane

Highlighted

it's two years now but I remember Jane with respect she told it how it was to her and to many women.

Someone admirable

Mole

Highlighted

do you know i was only thinking of jane this morning ! she was such a warrior for others and i must say i really miss the debates on this site ,hope her partner and family are doing ok .much love to them all .miss you jane xxx

Highlighted

Hi Christine, I often read a posting here and wonder 'what would Jane have said?' Best wishes to you, Rita and Jane's family and friends.

Highlighted

Wow, time does fly. JaneRA was really quite something. I was glad to see that the Guardian had an obituary for her. I still occasionally think about her even though I am so busy that I only logon about once every few months. Her death was a loss not only to the breast cancer community generally, but also to the triple negatives in particular.

Highlighted

I too really miss JaneRA, DippyKate, our lovely Teacup (Tricia) and also Anna who we spoke with briefly - it's just so hard to get your head around the fact that they were here and now they're not.

Love n hugs and comfort to all
Ruby xx

Highlighted

Dear All

How lucky we are to be here still. I miss Jane and Dippykate. They helped me and challenged me so much. And like Jo I am so aware that the anniversary of Teacup (Tricia's) death is very close.

Love and strength to all

Dilys
xxxxx

Highlighted

Just to join in saying that I miss them too - Dippykate, JaneRA and others. Their voices were so important to me as I went through treatment. I also miss Teacup who I communicated with a lot. It is almost a year since she died. Unbearably sad.
X

Highlighted

It is so sad to read this thread and realise how time has past since we lost so many wonderful people.
They all contributed so much...JaneRA was such a powerful contibuter to these forums....I miss her discussions.
Dippykate.....so honest and open about everything she was going through.
And too many more who also were wonderful people xx

Highlighted

I so agree with what msmolly and belinda have said about the pink fluffyness diluting the harsh reality of this disease.

I also miss JaneRA, although I didn't always agree with her, she was a fountain of knowledge. I also often think about DippyKate and Debsincornwall so it's nice to have a thread where we can 'offically' remember them.

Lets hope they are in a better place now.

Linda

Highlighted

So many missed, but never forgotten. Another year closer to a cure - hopefully x

Highlighted

Dawn, I often think of Annie, her family, her little boy.
Take Care..xx

Highlighted

It is shocking how quick a year goes, I cannot believe that it is a year since JaneRA and Debsincornwall lost their fight. We have lost so many in the past year, and it is so sad.

It was also 2 years ago last wednesday 15th, that my great friend Annie (Sixpen) died. I cannot believe that and just feel so sad that so many lovely ladies have gone.

Love
Dawn
xx

Highlighted

I remember JaneRA from 6 years ago, when I used to post after my first diagnosis. She was so straight-up, no-nonsense and wise. I was shocked when I returned in June this year to find she'd died with brain mets. Grim. I hope her partner is coping ok a year on.

Highlighted

Just to say I remember them and think of them often. It's also a year since Allicat died.
And to all of us still here, I send my love and wishes for a peaceful Christmas.
nicky

Highlighted
Not applicable

So many lovely women have lost their lives this year to this cruel vile desease,it makes me feel so sad and very angry ,i have been thinking about them all these last few days with such sadness.
I miss their voices on the forums too, they were all very special and they all touched our lives in a very special way, they will never be forgotten,
I too think that breast cancer seems to be getting more and more glossed over these days ,its not viewed as serious anymore by many people, maybe Jane was right, and its time to stand up and start makeing some noise .Will anyone listen?
Love to everyone
Linda

Highlighted

I suppose all there is to say is:
'we will remember them'
Val

Highlighted

so many lovely young women taken from us this year, so many families broken, partners left bereft and a huge hole left by their passing. When will we lick this horrible disease?
Caroline

Highlighted

All those names mentioned above, so many more and jennywren, my good friend Jenny who died this year. msmolly I really do believe there is far more of the 'pink positivity garbage' about than when I was first diagnosed in 2003. All the 'awareness' campaigns along with Pink October and (I feel) there's never been so much glossing over this serious disease.

Highlighted

What Alice said.
All of their voices and opinions are much missed. Along with those of women who have died recently.

Sick to the back teeth of this disease being underplayed as if it is no big deal. 16,000 dead each year. We must not let that reality become drowned out by all the pink positivity garbage.

Highlighted

Likewise she was a wise woman and a very real one even in cyberspace. Much missed as many other women, Debs from Cornwall, DippyKate... and many, more

Highlighted

Yes, I often think of her. She was a great help to me when I was going through tests, and then we spent time together with the lovely Kate. I miss her, although I hardly knew her. She was a BIG character!

Sass xx

Highlighted

Trying to get my head around it being a year already.

Snoogle
x

Highlighted

Yes me too. I miss Jane's voice here. Thinking of Rita and all friends and family of Jane's.
Belinda..x

Highlighted

JaneRA - a year already

A slightly belated thought of Jane. I can hardly believe it has been a year already - I read her "blog"/essays avidly and miss reading her wise postings.