Job Offer

Hi Everyone,

I have just been offered a job with a company that is my dream place to work as the people were so nice, but they were unaware of my diagnosis.  I did tell them and said I would be interested but feel I should say no (the project doesn’t start until next year) as I can’t guarantee my health.  I think they might have been thinking the same thing but were too kind to say so.

I feel I’ve put them in a difficult position as they need someone reliable.

Any advice/experience welcome

Tink x

Hi Tina

A few questions, which might help. Is it full-time? Long days? How flexible is the workload? If you think about how you are feeling now, do you feel like you could do the job today? If so, could you still accept the offer?

Yes, your health might get worse but who can guarantee how things will be for anyone in six months time. A person with no health issues could take it and then have a crisis or accident. I got a phone call out of the blue last night saying a friend had an accident.

I do know where you are coming from, I find it difficult to do any planning further than a few months because ofthe feeling of uncertainty.   I didnt go for a job that previously I would have loved to have because I know I would struggle with it now. Disappointing but the right choice for me. I havent told any employers of my diagnosis, only that I have a disability.

That sounds perfect Tink. Fingers crossed that it is acceptable. Xc

Tink, I’m sure you’ll find something else that suits you but I’m also sure Chocolates is right in what she says - they obviously don’t know what they’re missing though. Use your bit of energy wisely… on yourself!
LD x

Oh I’m also sorry you didn’t get the job Tinks, must say I also think everyone else is right about the reasons why you didn’t get it too. Their loss. Take care. X