cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined the club yesterday

23 REPLIES 23
Tussie

Re: Joined the club yesterday

Hi all brave ladies! Thank you for your comments, all this support all of a sudden is fab. Based on your thoughts I have decided to try part time work from mid next week and see how it goes. I hope everybody gets a decent weekend. I am thinking of you all! X
JETS

PS I'm waiting chemo now so no plans to go back to work yet .... Otherwise I was planning a reduced return at end of March - between 8-12 weeks post bilateral mx xx
JETS

Hi tussle - I worked post results and during numerous other tests until I got my final care plan. I had massive problems sleeping over a long period over 6 weeks ( I had lots of tests!) and this cumulated - I had a holiday over xmas and new year and had planned to work up to my op on 12 jan but when I went back after new year I realised I just couldn't concentrate anymore so left on a tues ( 3 working days off before op) Up until then I was dragging myself in exhausted and not sure if it was the right thing or not but was motivated fininacially really ~ see how u go but listen to ur body - it can b helpful to work to keep ur I'm d off things.
Hi to everyone else also x stay strong! Xx
Chez666

Hi Tussie, re work I think we are all different so it's probably about how you feel really. I had 8 weeks off, 4 before op and 4 after, started back last week on restricted hours 2/3 per day and I don't think I could do more at the moment. When I get home, I do have a sleep but I am definitely feeling a little like my old self with some normality. I am going to continue this until my holiday at beginning of March and when I get back start rads and will see how things go. Good luck and look after yourself x x
Chez666

I pressed post before I finished, still can't manage the simple things.....!! Anyway hope the new brand of tablets helps restore some of your va va com and look forward to the walks next week. I start my tablets tonight and have my plan for radiotherapy subject to wound healing love and hugs x x
Chez666

Hi Beryl, sorry to hear you are down today, not surprising given all you have been through but you have been so brave and have been brilliant in giving advice and support to others and I am sure the flooding in M&S is all sorted now👍
Tussie

Thank you so much for all your welcoming and reassuring comments. Husband is great but I rely a lot on my lovely cat to lend a listening ear and mop up a tear or two at the moment. Once I get the results next week, hopefully I will know what to do and get some treatment started and I will feel better or am I wrong in thinking this? Is it better to get back to work as soon as possible to take your mind of things? X
Matty2

welcome new members

It's a rotten club to have to join but we are all here to help and listen - good news and bad, low or not.

we have all been in denial but you do come to accept it in various ways - usually floods of tears at an unexpected time.

Mine was in lingerie dept of M&S.

Then you slowly build on your strengths and come through it stronger.

Sorry bit low today, but being on here is a great source of help and a boost to your morale.

beryl

storminadcup

Hi Cocolilly

I'm in total denial (see other post!) but so pleased to be on here and having such fantastic ladies to talk to. You take care and great to hear you

x

storminadcup

Hi Tussie

Really feel for you. I have my masectomy on 4th March at which point they will also do the sentinel nodes. Really hope they will be clear like yours.

Thanks for sharing on here that you are still in a daze helps me to know I am not alone

Ros

X

Cocolily

Thank you
13gerbera

Hi Tussie and Cocolily,

As Cheryl says, I'm sorry you've found yourselves here but welcome to the gang with the very best members. I'm glad you're both feeling relatively calm although I suspect that there will be a few tears along the way if you're anything like the rest of us!  These wonderful ladies are a source of great knowledge and wisdom and their advice really does help you to get through it.  No question is too big or too small, someone here always knows the answer and gives it with sensitivity and often a great big dose of dark humour which I've come to value very much.

I hope your journeys are smooth but if you need anything, even just a listening ear, post here and we'll all try to help you both.

xx

Sharon

Chez666

HI Tussie and coco lily, love your post names but sorry you have had to join the club. There are no hard and fast rules on posts, or if there are then I must have broken then all!! Good luck to you both, the forum is brilliaint as are the nurses on the helpline here. Take care, love and hugs x x x
Cocolily

Hi, I was diagnosed yesterday .. Not sure if I should have started a new post or not so just joined in in yours ... Grade 2 having lumpectomy 2 weeks and all L nodes out, chemo and radiotherapy ... Feel quietly calm after all the worrying. Thank God for this forum .. Hope everyone else is coping with their diagnosis x
Lucy_BCC

Hi Tussie and welcome to the BCC forums

You are in the right place here to share support and experiences with your fellow users, please also feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

You may find some of our other support services such as live chat and someone like me of interest , you can read about these and more via this thread along with lots of information about treatments which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Tussie

Hi all! I was diagnosed with a grade 2 cancer and was told of this 2 weeks ago. I have had numerous investigations, including MRI scan done due to bleeding nipple for the last 2 years, all was clear and it wasn't until the consultant did a biopsy recently that the cause of the bleeding was found. Had the operation last week, nipple and all removed, sentinal lymph node biopsy done and now waiting for result, hopefully next week all will be revealed. Trying to be outdoors as much as possible to take mind of things as there is a lot of irrational thoughts swirling away in the head. Haven't told everybody about this, don't want to worry people. Getting a bit confused, is this the right thread? My thoughts are with you all! X
milly2806

Thank you for your replies the support on here is amazing and I am so grateful
Storm in a d cup I will be holding your hand too and sending positive thoughts to you
Xxxx
storminadcup

Hi Millie. Surgery date is same as mine so must be special people day. Really pleased that we can go throufh this together. Holding you hand tight from afar xxx
giugi

Hi Milly, please get coming back to the forums and everyone can try and help you through this, I too have a grade 2 under 2cm lump, which I had removed 11 days ago,  along with some nodes removed.  Waiting for full results on the 27th. We are all here to help you and maybe help answer any questions you may have. Its sounds as though you have found it early, so please stay as postive as you can. Loads of hugs x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Milly and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find the support and shared experiences to help you during this difficult and worrying time

Our helpliners are also on hand with further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call and talk your concerns through

Here's a link to the treatments area of the site where you will find lots of information and support ideas which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

milly2806

I was diagnosed on Friday surgery on the 4th March ...I am so terrified .. Told its a very small under 2cm grade 2 lump , just can't feel positive please help xx
Matty2

Hi there

I'm in the same club, have had mastectomy and lymph nodes done also had immediate implant,

As so early stage haven't needed either chemo or radiotherapy. Do have hormone therapy for next 5 years though

Good luck - this is one of those sneaky ones that need to be caught early

B

loobylou111

Hello storminadcup,
Sorry you have had to join us but were all friendly on here and dont bite lol.
My cancer was a grade 2 with clear lymph nodes, I ended up having two lots of surgery and now heading down the radiotherapy road, but luckily escaped the chemo route. Hope your surgery goes ok for you and please pop on here anytime as we are all here for each other.
Take care,
Luv lynne xx
storminadcup

Joined the club yesterday

Well now I'm a member of the invasive lobular grade 2 club!

Masectomy booked for 4th March at which point I'll have the sentinel lymph node biopsy and the blue dye treatment! After that will find out whether its chemo or not ...

So I'll be a blue one boobed bird for a bit - heres hoping I don't vanish by spinning round in circles!