68447members
360085posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the waiting room, feel a bit of a fraud though.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Joining the waiting room, feel a bit of a fraud though.

Hope your apt went well today, please let us know xx
Highlighted

Hope your appointment went well.  Shame the hubby wasn't more supportive, though sometimes someone acting casual can help in times of stress... I find it better than people blubbing all around me!! xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Hannah,

I did tell my husband in the end, I had to really as I needed him to look after our youngest while I'm there. As I suspected he was concerned for all of 5 minutes then dismissed it! I'm still convinced I'll be treated like a timewaster, it's how I was treated last time I visited the breast clinic (because of my age). But this is a different clinic, so hopefully they wont be so close minded. I am 99% sure there is nothing wrong with me, but I'm trying to do the sensible thing by getting checked so I don't want to be given any grief for it.

Whatever happens, this time tomorrow the appointment will be over and I can stop worrying about it!

Cat.

Highlighted

Cat no Cassie!!! Sorry, brain not working properly!!! xxx
Highlighted

Hi Cassie,
You are going through a tough time.... I suspect there's no good times for these things to happen though, damned if we do, damned if we don't!! I hope everything goes alright on the 31st. Maybe telling someone will help ease your anxiety??
Do let us know how you get on,
Lots of virtual hugs X
Highlighted

Thanks CassieB,

I was surprised the dr took it seriously, I expected him to have a quick feel and to send me away because he couldn't feel anything!! I'm still expecting the same to happen at the breast clinic!

I've got my appointment through for the 31st. I'm going to have to ask my mother in law to look after my youngest if shes not working because I don't have anyone else to look after him at the moment. So I'm going to have to tell someone what's going on. I don't want to, I don't want any fuss. I've got two job interviews coming up which are much more important to me right now and I want to focus on those instead.

Why do these things happen at the worst possible times?!

Highlighted

You're not being silly Cat - you're being very wise. If it's nothing to worry about that will be good to know; if there is something of concern then you've gone to the right place to have it sorted.

I had a false alarm about 20 years ago and then a routine mammogram spotted a lump 12 months ago. I've had that sorted and am back to being as 'normal' as I ever was.

You are obviously much younger than me so it's likely to be another false alarm but how would you feel if you'd ignored your fears and then a few years on you were confronted with a major situation. Good for you for finding out and good for your doctor for taking you seriously.

Do keep us informed - and as everyone says - the waiting is the worse part.

Highlighted

Joining the waiting room, feel a bit of a fraud though.

Hi everyone,

I've been here before, a few years ago I had a small lump investigated, turned out to be nothing, but I had all the symptoms, a lump, nipple discharge, inverted nipple, I really thought I was going to hear the worst and it turned out to be nothing. So this time, I'm not worried, but I know if I don't get this checked it will bug me.

About 18 months ago when I was pregnant I noticed that my left breast felt lumpier, there wasn't a distict lump, but it was different, so I thought I'd wait until my pregnancy hormones calmed down and see what happened. Now I've still got what feels like a very lumpy duct with a couple of lumpy areas around it. I can't say it feels definitely wrong, it just feels different from how it used to and different from the other breast.

I feel a bit silly really and like I'm wasting time because I don't have any concrete symptoms. I saw my GP yesterday who felt the breast and could feel the area I was talking about so has referred me to be on the safe side. I know the chances of them finding anything are tiny so I'm not worried but I feel so silly about it all that I haven't been able to tell my husband or anyone I know, which is why I'm here.

So now I'm in the waiting room too, hopefully it wont be a long wait!

Cat