Joint pains

Joint pains

Joint pains Hi, I finished 6 months of chemo and 15 sessions of rads 3 weeks before Christmas after a masectomy in April 06. I am only 40 but feel like an old lady when getting up out of a chair my hip and knee joint are painful. I am alright once I get going but was wondering if anybody else feels like this.
K. xxx

me too Hi
I am 41 and within 3 weeks of finishing chemo I was onto phone with breast nurse convinced I had bone mets as my right hip and ribs were really sore. They told me it was probably menopause but my right hip still aches now. I am not on tamoxifen so can only asssume it is menopause, or some sort of reaction to the chemo - I wondered if it makes joint fluid dry up or something. I still worry about my hip and will be bringing it up again when I go for my next 3 month check up.

I have talked to other friends some have had similar aches and pains and some havnet.

If you look around older postings lots of people have posted similar comments.

Hope this helps.

Me too !! I’m 44and finished chemo 3 months ago and although I do feel quite well in myself I do still suffer from the joint pains or more like stiffness really. It is mainly in my legs and hips and like you I feel and look about 90 when I get up, but am ok once I get moving. I was considering getting it checked out, but to be honest I have been thinking it’s probably the effects of chemo or dare I say old age!

K it is probably oestrogen deprivation- which is good if you’re ER+.
However tell your GP and ask him to send you for a hip Xray - hips are most likely places for bone mets which are the usual next sites for secondary ca.
Well worth the small bother as it either sets your mind at rest or leads to prompt treatment.
I didn’t do this when I should and am suffering much more than I would have been if I’d taken prompt action.
Best wishes and get it checked, dilly

I had joint aches and pains after my 3rd FEC 3 weeks ago - it felt like the aches you get with really bad flu. I’m 45 and my periods stopped with the first dose of chemo, so I’m not sure if it’s a side effect or the menopause. I don’t have any symptoms like hot flushes or anything, and the chemo nurses told me that the oncologist might want me tested to see what my hormones are doing.

Thanks for all you replys. I I am triple negative and had periods throughout chemo, so I am not putting it down to menopause. Although I am not sure about this, but I think I will make an appointment to see the Doctors just to be on the safe side.

K. xxx