376351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2016 starters

Taran

Re: July 2016 starters

I'm not cold capping either. Didn't fancy the cold or the added time being there. Plus I don't think I could cope with the stress every time of wondering how much more hair will fall out. I'd rather just accept it's going and once it's gone it's one less thing to worry about. Will probably not feel like that at all once it starts falling out, but at the moment I'm really sure of my decision. I find it so strange that I feel so well and know that it is only the treatment to make me better that is going to make me ill. Before diagnosis I was feeling the best I had for a long time after a difficult pregnancy and birth. Then was back to trying to recover from surgery and now feel the same as you that just as I'm feeling good again I'll be hit with chemo side effects!!xx
Bella boo

Hi Taran the picc line was decided after I spoke with my oncologist. There are lots of pros and cons to either but I felt the picc line was best for me. I don't have bad veins but I didn't want to be in a position further down the line that meant I would have to have one and risk any problems in what is supposed to be my good arm. I'm going wig shopping on Thursday and have a dentist's visit on Wednesday. I also have had my hair cut short and bought some headwear from annabandanna. I'm not cold capping couldn't cope with the cold on top of everything else. From what I've read anything ginger is the way forward so going to get ginger beer, biscuits and anything else I can find. I feel ready to start but as I'm just recovering from the surgery and starting to feel well and have energy I'm not looking forward to feeling rough again. I had one lymph node affected but am triple positive so have to have Herceptin and tamoxifen. The treatment so far has been first class and I can't fault it so I'm hoping the next stage will be just as good, on the caring side I mean. I'm still smiling but ask me again Monday morning I'm not in till 2.30 so a bit of a long morning ahead xx

Taran

Hi Bella Boo, I have my pre-chemo assessment Friday too. How have they decided to fit a PICC line? I'm not sure if I'd just prefer to have one from the start as I'm paranoid about them using my "at risk" arm for the chemo. But by bcn said they only do it if they struggle to get access. I've had WLE and ANC with 4 positive nodes. Am also having 3 FEC and 3 T. Think I'm as ready as I can be at this stage. Had my hair cut short, have bought my wig and got a selection of hats at the ready. Making my way through the hints and tips to make sure I haven't missed anything really useful!! How about you. Are you feeling ready to get started?xx
Bella boo

Hi Taran I have my first chemo on Monday 27th. I'm having 3 fec and 3 t. Like you I didn't know which thread to be on. I have had a right mastectomy with immediate reconstruction and a full ANC. I have my pre chemo assessment on Friday when I am having a picc line fitted. Currently reading top tips for my shopping list which I plan to do this weekend. Hope your feeling ok and ready to face the next few months. Xx

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Taran,

will be great to see you here - you might just like both threads, lol - depending how active this one becomes.

hugs

Sue xx

Taran

I might pop in on here as starting chemo 28th June, so not far off July!x
Sue H-S
Community Champion

July 2016 starters

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread, as there isn't one up yet and it is now the 20th of June. Some of you will by now know, that you are likely to start your Chemo journey through July.

I myself will have had my third FEC by the 1st of July.

You might find this thread of great help, as you start to prepare

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/Chemotherapy-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/1026233#M1324...

Otherwise we are always here to help and support you and answer any questions you may have to the best of our ability.

Hugs to all joining this thread

Sue xxx