cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

July Radiotherapy Anyone?

Fee70

Re: July Radiotherapy Anyone?

Hi Helena,

Thank you, the boosters werent really explained to me so i wasnt sure. I did ask the other day as  i noticed my last 4 sessions were in a different room etc and was told that its a different machine they use that targets the tumour bed only.

Thank you Helena you always answer my questions and concerns xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Fee

You will have your set up for boosters at one of the last few regular rads sessions, the apt will take a little longer than usual.

Helena

ladybowler
Community Champion

Judeworth

How many sessions did your oncologist say you were to have as if you are having boosters they are part of this treatment.  I had 15 regular rads sessions and 5 boosters.  The 15 treatment the whole breast whereas the 5 boosters were aimed directly at the tumour site and followed on the day after I finished the 15.  Hope that makes sense, it is not that you have to go back at a later time to have them which I think is what you were concerned about. 

Helena xx

Judeworth

Hi Fee, I to have heard nothing about the boosters until i read about them on here, i do have reviews in place 1st one is on Monday, so will ask about the boosters hope I don't need them to be honest hooping this was the final leg of this journey!

tc xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Zoec

No problem xx  You are never alone when you have us lot here. 

Have you gone on to the Hormone Therapy section, Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cakes thread?  There are a lot of lovely ladies on there to chat with as well, we have a laugh, are very very silly at times currently the discussion is about floating poached eggs, but we also get each other through the "tough days", give it a try

Helena xxx

Zoec

Thank you for getting that sooo completely!!! Xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Zoec

Oh mate sending you a squidgy hug xx

You are absolutely allowed to have "off days" you are tired and probably fatigued from the daily grind of going to and from the hospital for your rads but it wont be long before you see that light at the end of the tunnel and we will be ringing the bells for you.

Yes you are super lucky, as I was, to have your lump found early but that doesnt stop you getting a little overwhelmed by it all. at times  I hated that my life was being controlled for nearly 5 weeks by that one apt each day, I felt I had lost control of my life and on one occasion burst into tears in the session, but it wont last my friend.

And of course you have had the issue of the bird would be enough to try anyone.

When I feel like that, and I do from time to time, I just go out walk in my garden, I find the fresh air does me the world of good and I come back in feeling soooo much better about things

It is difficult, in the early days after surgery you have so many visitors as everyone is wanting to make sure that you are ok but as you quite rightly say they have their own lives to lead.  Suggestion, why dont you give one of your friends/family a call and ask them round for a coffee, or even meet them somewhere for one, they might not realise that you could do with a bit of company. let them know.

Loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Surreyhillsgirl

Zoec, so sorry you're feeling down. Just hang in there. Try to get out, it really will help. Look forward to seeing your parents after their hols, can you go and see them?
The feelings will pass, rest when your body tells you to, try to eat well, drink lots of water, and try to get out in the sunshine... cloudy here this morning though don't know which part of the country you're in!! xxxxπŸ™‚
Zoec

Morning,
Really down at the moment.
I couldn't be more happy with how the hospital appointments are going, I trust they are the consummate experts.
I just feel like I am trying to stay super positive and it's hard. I've always told myself I am super lucky I found my lump early and that ultimately my treatment will be done in less than 6 months, lump find to a couple of weeks post radiotherapy. Not bad.
Except I feel down. I feel lonely. I got inundated with visitors after my op. They have now gone. Life has taken over. 6 months is a long time for others to stay by your side. I couldn't I don't think. I am up on my feet, had been back to work to get some human non hospital interaction but had to stop that now. I don't even feel like going out, tried to yesterday and went straight back home.
I think I've just had a tough week. I'll stop being miserable but this is where I am today. My folks are back off their hols tomorrow and should be easier!
The two day saga of the bird in the chimney hasn't helped, especially not the diy!!
Xxx
Fee70

Hi xx

I've now had 8 sessions but no review or anything, I've not been told I get reviewed but like you say each hospital has their own system I guess. I've not had any set up for the four final boosters either maybe that will get done nearer the time. I need to look into the McMillan groups etc no one has mentioned anything about them, I don't know what they do really, they have a drop in office in the hospital but unsure if they do classes or anything. I'll maybe just ask next week when I'm in.

Fee
Xxx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi All,

Hope you all have a great treatment free weekend.

Judeworth, hope your hot boob has settled down. 

Fee, I've got x5 boosts at the end of 15. Maybe different hospitals do it differently. My Oncologist marked up my breast today for the boosts after I'd had my 4th session and Radiotherapists review, so 3 appointments before 10am! Went to yoga at Macmillan centre after. First time in months! Want to do more exercise as chemo side effects lessening.

Sandra, good luck for TuesdayπŸ˜€hope it goes well.

Denise, when is your Birthday? Mine is on 28th July. 

Been enjoying watching Wimbledon, don't normally get the chance to see so much with work! I sometimes fall asleep & wake up to find they've changed the channel so miss the end of the match even when I've recorded it!

Great at having such lovely ladies to share with πŸ˜€xxx

Fee70

Hehe Judesworth unfortunately my drink at the moment is prune juice! 🀒 Hoping it will help with my other problems quickly lol xxx
Judeworth

Thank you hope you do to! Defo having a glass or two or red wine, I read it's good for you with radiotherapy in moderation !
An anti oxidant!
SandraSussex

Well done Fee!

Have great treatment free weekend! I will definitely ask about boosts on Tuesday. My oncologist works at my local hospital and but based at Maidstone so it's possible she could be there! x
Fee70

Thanks Gill, I'll have a look tomorrow I saw an aloe Vera gel the other day in boots, I pick up a bottle so I've got it at the ready xx

Night night xx
Surreyhillsgirl

Aloe Vera gel is meant to be good for a hot boob. Have a good nights sleep!
Gill xxx
Fee70

Hi Gill xxx

Oh no that's a pain but I'm sure you enjoyed having a "day off" lol

I had day seven today and I'm looking forward to having a little lie in bed at the weekend (if my boys let me).

Judesworth

Glad you are doing ok and have a nice rest at the weekend if you can xxx

Sandra,

I'm 47 but I've to have 4 boost sessions at the end of my treatment, so 15 of the whole area and a further 4 just to the tumour bed.

Fee
Xxxx
SandraSussex

Well done Judeworth!

Enjoy your weekend! πŸ˜€
Judeworth

So far so good, got a hot boob tonight lol!

tomorrow will be my 6th then looking forward to the weekend off!

some lovely people on here glad I joined!xxxxxx

SandraSussex

Hi surreyhillsgirl

I will ask! I declined chemo because the benefit percentage was so small although it was advised but not required! I might be too old for a boost! x
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Judesworth,
It's a tumour bed boost directed at where the tumour was removed. It's over 4 or 5 extra sessions. Usually clips are left in at surgery to pinpoint the target area. How's your radiotherapy going? xx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Sandra, Radiotherapy is easy compared to chemotherapy. Yes, do ask about boost, I'm having it at the end of 15 treatments. My 4th was cancelled today due to equipment breakdown unfortunately, but it will be added on at the end. G xxx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Fee
Was meant to have 4th session today but got a call to say machine broken so cancelled. I'll have one extra at the end.
Gill xxx
Judeworth

What's a boost? Xx
Judeworth

Thanks at the moment I'm good no side effects but it's early days 6th one tomorrow!
How did your go? Xxx
Fee70

Hi judeworth,

Just thought I would check in and see how you are getting on?

Fee
Xx
SandraSussex

Hi surreyhillsgirl!

I hope you are getting on ok! I might ask about a boost when I start radiotherapy on Tuesday! I think it would be peace of mind for me. x
ladybowler
Community Champion

Denise

What date is your birthday ? x

welshlady66

Hi Denise1000 I had cellulitis after surgery and took three courses of antibiotics to get rid of, then after my third session of rads the cellulitis came back was given antibiotic and it soon calmed down and it didnt stop the rads and didnt make it any wore finished my rads yesterday x

Fee70

Hi Gill Xx

Day four today and it went fine πŸ™‚ I'm not sore I've had a few little twinges but nothing bad xx

I've not bought any creams or anything yet as I've been advised not to use anything unless I need to as I'm not used to using moisturisers or anything so was advised not to start unless I need to.

I'm having treatment in Glasgow. I'm 47 my birthday has passed this year so no birthday hot boob here lol

Fee

Xxx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Denise, I've also got a birthday on one of the sessions, so we'll both have a hot boob!!
I've had my first session today. Hoping you don't get cellulitis. xx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Fee,
Thanks!

Hi Fee, yes thanks it went well, are you feeling sore yet? I've bought E45 cream & Aloe Vera Jel just in case xxx

Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Sandra,
Thanks. First session went well, relieved my breath hold was enough. Saw my Oncologist first & she's agreed to give me breast boost πŸ™‚
I live in Ashtead but go to Redhill for treatment. xx
Denise1000

Hi everyone , I start my rads on 17th July feeling a bit apprehensive as I got cellulitis after my lumpectomy , so fingers crossed I will be ok with the rads , 15 sessions to do including my 60th birthday on one of the sessions , oh well hot boob on my birthday !!!
Hope everyone is doing well on this rocky road x
SandraSussex

Thankyou Jobey and Lizzy!

Jobey not long now! How lovely it's a little girl! 🌸

All the best for the Monday ladies! Counting the days to start! x
Judeworth

15 in total just back from the hospital. Drinking a big glass of water right now! Xxx  Feeling really positive just got fingers crossed side effects are not to bad. I have a Zometra treatment coming up tomorrow has anyone had this?

Thanks xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Judeworth

How many sessions are you due to have?

Good luck for tomorrow

Remember to moisturise, drink plenty of fluid and be kind to yourself xxx

Fee70

Good luck for tomorrow Judeworth xxxx
Judeworth

I start mine tomorrow 

Jobey68

How lovely Sandra, congratulations! My first grandchild is due in October, it's a little girl and after two sons we are beyond delighted to be buying pink!! πŸ’–πŸ’–

Lizzie

Congratulations Sandra - lovely news.
Fee70

Hi Gill,

Yes it went fine, I've had 3 so far, number 4 tomorrow.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow xxx

SandraSussex

Thanks Gill!

I live in Hastings but have to go to Maidstone for radiotherapy.

Good Luck for tomorrow! πŸ€ xx
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Fee,
Hope your first session went well. I have my first tomorrow xx
Gill
Surreyhillsgirl

Hi Sandra
Hi Sandra
Yes cake definately πŸ˜‹
Where are you having your treatment?
Congrats on you new grandchild by the way!

Gill x
SandraSussex

Thankyou MandR x
MandR

Ah, glad he's here and all is well. Congratulations! Xx
SandraSussex

Thankyou! πŸ˜€
Fee70