375970posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2016 starters?

Bubbles62

Re: June 2016 starters?

Hello lovely ladies, I survived the first chemo!! It wasn't easy I was completely wiped out with extreme nausea a cross between morning sickness, travel and sea sickness for 5 days. I had Emend and lots of other tablets but for a while nothing really helped. The steroids gave me horrible nightmares as well as a puffy bright red face. It was not a pretty sight!   I had not expected to feel quite so poorly, the chemo nurse rang every day with suggestions to tweak my meds and says next time will be easier.  I can see that some of you have also had a rough time, we will get through this,  together we are stronger. Now on day 10, my appetite has returned although everything tastes sweet not bitter, energy levels better than they were and I have even ventured out to the supermarket armed with my anti bacterial hand gel. The sun has been shining it's good to be alive😀  I cold capped during my chemo but am not sure whether or not to continue, my hair feels like straw  and as I am trying not to wash it so often it feels horrible on my head. I figure if it thins out I will still want to cover it up with a hat or scarf, what do you ladies plan to do?  The week before my chemo I had a wig consultation at a lovely salon which has a whole section devoted to hairloss and wigs.  They spent time discussing the reasons for my hairloss and had lots of practical suggestions. My sister came with me and I thought I would be upset but in fact I enjoyed every minute of trying on all the lovely styles and colours. I decided to stick with my usual style so that even if I didn't feel like myself I would at least look more like myself (if that makes sense?). The hairdresser suggested I have a slightly lighter shade as my complexion is likely to get a bit paler during my treatment.  I was even given instructions on how to care for it! Now it is ready when I need it and it's something I am in control of. I hope you all have a good day today, 

Belle

Hi Sonyacheet,

I think everyone is different in how they prepare, but like you, I wanted to do everything & know everything I could in advance.  I'm a great believer in knowledge is power and preparation alleviates anxiety - at least that's true for me.  If nothing else, it kept me busy!  

So, this is my list, hope it helps:

• I prepared home made ready meals for the freezer so we have a steady supply of good nutritious food on hand.  I tried to account for taste & texture changes - not easy - so went for a variety of things using chemo friendly cookbooks (library & bought The Royal Marsden Cancer Cook Book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Marsden-Cancer-Cookbook-Nutritious/dp/0857832328/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q... which I love).  I made soups, meals & lots of ice lollies.
  • I borrowed a juicer from a friend as I wanted a way of getting lots of veg & fruit into me quickly.  This was great in the run up but yesterday (day 3) I struggled to do it as so tired.  It is a good way of upping your fluids too though so if nothing else, I can see me using it in the run up to each cycle.
  • Like you, I organised my wig in advance.  I also did a HeadStrong session to learn about scarve tying which wasn't as good as I was hoping but the lady doing it was very flustered and spent a lot of time telling me the service was being cancelled.  Whether that was just hers, or nationally I don't know.  However, Sue H-S posted this site http://www.scarves.net/how-to-tie-a-scarf/head-scarves which is excellent.  I've ordered scarves from http://www.annabandana.co.uk and http://www.hats4heads.co.uk 
  • On the subject of hair, I it cut shorter over two visits until I now sport a very short crop.  As soon as it starts to fall out I have lined up a friend with a pair of clippers to come round and shave the rest off.  It's my attempt at maintaining some control.
  • Because of the discolouration, ridging and potential losing of nails (due to cell loss and UV light) I wanted to try and do something with my nails, so I've been painting them using OPI nail strengthener, a dark colour and a top coat.  Having never done anything but bite my nails before this has been quite a novelty.  Although a 5 year old could paint them better - especially as I now have the shakes!  I use OPI as it is one of the nail varnishes that doesn't use the chemicals that we are not supposed expose our skin to.
  • I investigated the use of chemicals in other skin products and now only use parabens and SLS free products such as Faith in Nature, Neals Yard, Happy Naturals (Sainsburys) and some of the Sanex Zero 0% range.  
  • My best friend had chemo for Lymphoma 3 years ago and another friend had it for breast cancer the same year so I picked their brains and they were very generous with their knowledge.  I've also found talking on here helpful and the Chemotherapy - Tips & Tricks thread https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/Chemotherapy-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/1017289#U1017... has been very useful.  Also in the Top Tips to get you Through Chemo thread, at the very beginning (page 40, I think) there's a list of other people's suggestions - I printed this off. https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/Top-tips-to-help-get-you-through-Chemotherapy/...
  • I have an emergency overnight bag packed in case of sudden trips to hospital.
  • I printed out my emergency numbers and stuck them on the fridge for all to see.  I also programmed them into my husband's phone.

I'm sure there are other things but I can't remember them now!  Hope that's all useful.  I'm sure others can add their suggestions.  However, it's worth adding, that this was just the way I prepared.  For many, it will be equally helpful to do nothing and take everything as it comes.  I am not saying this is the right way, just the way that helped me.  So do what works for you.  And ask questions anytime.  Someone will be along sooner or later.

Good luck and glad you found us,

B x

kalimera

Buster1 I'm thinking of you and hoping you get out of hospital today. Sending lots of hugs xxx Had a very tired day yesterday, I keep waking up at 5am, but had an uninterupted sleep last night, so not too bad today - so far. Hope everyone has a good Sunday xxx 

buster1

Hi Sonya, the ladies on this thread are fab and are a great support. I'm in hospital at the moment hopefully going home tomorrow but am really struggling to reply to messages. You will hear from them tomorrow and ask anything you need to. I just wanted to reply so you know you're very welcome. Xx also B I have replied to you several times today but having problems sending so will sort it out tomorrow when I get home 👌 xx thanks lovely ladies for kind wishes
sonyacheet

Hi ladies
I start chemo on the 24th June so thought I would join if that's ok. I went to Christies and got my wig yesterday. I found the experience quite liberating as I feel that I'm taking charge before anything happens. I also looked at some beautiful head scarves and hats which I am planning to get on the 22nd when I am next at the hospital to have my bloods taken before chemo on the Friday. I've read all the information they have sent me and it all sounds so frightening but obviously because I haven't started I just don't know how to feel.
It feels very strange at the moment as I am quite calm about it all. I'm scared but not overly so. There is so much to take in and there is a lot to absorb. The patient support department were absolutely brilliant, making sure that I knew that they were there to support me through all my treatment. I have already been booked on the look good, feel better course next month.
My OH and I talked about everything really early this morning. I think it was about 2 o'clock this morning when he woke up and wanted to talk. This doesn't happen often. He surprised me by how seriously he is taking it all.
How did you prepare for chemo? Is there anything I need at this point to be ready to start?
Good luck ladies.
Love Sonya xx
Belle

Hi Millasmummy,

Still nauseous here but it does seem to be improving - phew!  Very tired and doing virtually nothing.  I'm eating little & often but am not sure if that's a general apetite thing or a managing nausea thing.  My mouth & throat were very sore earlier but have since totally recovered.  I slept all this afternoon as well as all night and am so very grateful I am not struggling with sleep.

Hoping day 4 brings more improvement on the nausea front.

B x

Belle

Hi Diana,

So sorry you're in this position too.  Bit of a crap club to belong too but I'm glad you're finding it helpful 'being' with others - I know I do.

When you get your start date, I'm sure there'll be a July group if it doesn't happen till then.  But do stick around, it's always good to hear from people.

Much love,

B x

dianabrew

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be able to read all these messages. I'm going to be seeing the oncologist soon. I had 6 / 15 positive nodes after my axilary clearance and lumpectomy on 3rd June. It has been so informative to read about what I should expect to go through. Diana.

Millasmummy

Hi all. Day 3 after chemo - appetite has changed a bit, seem to just want to nibble food, but often, and water tastes different but still drinking it. Wierdly my forehead feels bruised! A little bit of nausea this morning but seems to have gone now. Steroids are making me a bit hyper, but also given me energy I guess. I've just been for a walk but now need to lie down. How is everyone else doing, those who have and haven't started yet? X
Millasmummy

Hi Buster1, sorry to hear about your Hickman line I hope they can get that sorted ASAP so you can go home. It's unacceptable about the diet, you've got enough to think about and conserving your energy than to have keep reminding the staff whose job it is. I hope after their blunders they've now got your diet requirements firmly recorded for all catering staff to see.

Good news about your SEs though, not to horrendous. Hope your back home soon. Big hug x
buster1

Thanks Julie and B, I need a hug this morning. The supervisor did come to see me on Tues with an array of menus promising allsorts but then chicken arrives or something different from what I order. Depending who's in its a take it or leave it. Some are lovely and try to find something. My family do offer to bring anything I fancy, my89 yr old mum would love to send me veggies if I let her 😃. It all got a bit much yesterday with the chicken comment and everything seemed to be going wrong. I feel a bit calmer today, just waiting for a scan but they cant get a vein again. Never mind I have you lovelies sending me hugs. I'll perhaps give my hubby a list of treats id like, maybe !! xx lol
Nevyn

Thinking of you buster1.

Xxx
Belle

Hi Buster,

This is dreadful!  Can you get the staff to contact the catering manager?  Because it is totally unacceptable not to have a special diet provided for.  Or ask for a referral to a dietician.  There'll be one and as a cancer patient you're perfectly entitled to see one.  

In the meantime, is it possible for your family to bring in supplies for you?  Soup/stews in flasks?  Sandwiches, nibbly bits?  Anything you might fancy to keep you going?

And I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.  Don't feel you have to be strong for everyone else.  Just be yourself.  Let them carry you for a bit, they're probably all desperate to help.  Let them love and cherish you.  

Hugs,

B x

julie.galea

Hi Buster1.  Sorry you are having such a difficult time.  I can't believe the hospital doesn't cater for vegetarians.   How hard is it to make a nice jacket potato or even a nice chunky veg soup.  You need to build your strength up and that won't happen on cheese and crackers. 

I hope you get your white cells sorted and the hickman line so you can get home soon.

Sending you hugs and prayers.. 

buster1

Hi everyone, just an update. I came in hospital on Mon (had chemo on Fri 3rd) with suspected infection of the Hickman line I had put in on the 2nd 😞 really shivery but temp no higher than 37.7 (this centre not too worried if under 38). I felt weird but as just had chemo, what weird is expected? Anyway been on IV antibiotics since. Moved to solitary today as white cells dropped. Had a nightmare with food. As a vegetarian and a tad nauseous i was basically offered cheese and biscuits for each meal, some kind lady yesterday though managed to get me an omelette off the children's menu. I find some staff do really try to be kind. But after being offered chicken stew by someone else because"some people think of chicken as vegetarian as its not a mammal" I lost it a bit and almost cried. Getting frustrated not getting back to normal as id hoped, then low and behold they now suspect a clot on the lung and the Hickman is blocked after just a week 😞. I keep trying to pick myself up and be strong for the family but I'm getting increasingly scared. Having the Hickman line in in the first place was bad enough with having to try several times and now I dont know what they'll do. On a good note the SE of the fec were minimal in comparison. Similar to you after the initial few hours of nausea needing an antisickness injection, things settled well. I just hope they can save the line and get on with the next session without any more drama. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel because the staff see this every day some if them think you're a diva if you ask for anything different. But woman cannot live on cheese and biscuits alone not if I'm to fight this off. I'm glad you all seem to be comfortable and being the warriors you are. Big hugs Buster 1
julie.galea

Hi Ladies,  hope everyone is doing OK after your treatments.

Belle,  I had really sore mouth too, at one point it felt like my tongue was swollen (it wasnt but felt really strange)  getting better now, I found a taste for strawberry milkshakes and they definately helped and Ic e cream and Jelly.  Feel like im a child again.

Had my mid way check up today,  bloods only slightly down so that good, the injedtions they gave me to boost my immune system must have worked. 

I had a bit of a scare this morning, woke up at 2 am with really bad achy pains in my lower back and groin and shoulders,  took some pain killers and it seemed to ease but was a bit worried, been told it is normal side effects of both the chemo and the injetions they have given me, and also my kidneys may be irritated and to drink more, this was a side effect I didnt know about it.

My 2nd treament is booked in for the 22nd June. Just starting to feel human and its going to start all over again. 

Keep strong everyone. 

Julie

Millasmummy

Hi ladies. My 2nd day has gone better than I expected. I've had a dry mouth, things taste a bit different and feel a bit tired, but nothing major, no sickness either yet. The nurse asked me if I was sick during pregnancy or got travel sick and I answered no to both, and she said you might not feel sick, and touch wood this has been true so far! I've also had my bone scan result which was clear. So that's one bit of good news 🙂 Xx
Foxy2104

Hi all, I'm OK yay!! 3 days in and just tired and the steroids have kept my head above water. Stopped taking the anti sickness today as I feel fine and I've rediscovered my appetite past few days too.
Feel shattered but not sleeping great but only 2 more steroids to take tomorrow then I'm hoping sleep will come.Kids at their dad's this weekend so a lazy day for me tomorrow chilling out on the sofa, bliss!
All in all not been too bad, slight constipation but not anything to be concerned about. X
kalimera

Not feeling too bad, had an early night, woke up about 5:30am then dozed for a bit...Managed to get up with the kids and do the normal routine, which was great because the younger ones have been pretty upset the past couple of days Smiley Sad. At the moment I would compare how I feel to the first trimester of pregancy, tired, a bit icky...Got out for a walk with my husband this morning too, but had to lie down when I got back! Just relaxing now and hoping for the best. My husband got me some mouthwash for dry mouth, which I use after every meal think its called Biotene and there's a gel also, which I haven't tried yet, as my mouth feels ok. Wishing all of you the best and lots of hugs xx

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Belle,

May be a good idea to keep an eye on your mouth - symptoms seem familiar to me - the moment you see white spots, you ought to go to your GP. It could be Mucositis, which I suffered from and I am watching out for now. I got antibiotics prescribed, which did the trick. 

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mucositis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Sorry to hear about the liquid exit, lol - for me it is the opposite - again....

You certainly got more sleep than me, lol - mind you the steroids are keeping me going, lol.

Ginger beer LOVELEY! - you might also wish to try some of the Rochester Ginger drinks - massive choice and with the Dickensian range you can make a wonderful array of 'cocktails' or teas. And they have proper Ginger root in them and are organic/vegan - Have a look on Facebook for Rochester Drinks - all on there - https://www.facebook.com/RochesterGingerholics/

Products can be bought in Holland and Barratt and some of the others on line.

For me - a live saver, lol

Hope your SEs get better soon.

Sue xx

Belle

How are people this morning?

I had a rough afternoon/evening.  Didn't actually throw up but was horribly nauseous.  Also diarrhoea, aches and feeling cold.  Didn't have too bad a night, slept till 1ish, dozed till 3 - discovered ginger beer at this point and oh my, it is sooo good!  Then got another 4 hours so pretty good all things considered.  My tongue is very tingly and mouth is constantly dry so I'm drinking plenty.  Still got diarrhoea (lovely!) but the nausea isn't so bad.  Planning a day of dvd watching I think.

B x

Belle

Hi Mollymay,

What a tough time you've been having, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Hope your treatment doesn't throw up too much for you to contend with.  Have you looked at the forums for others in your situation?  You might find those helpful too: https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/I-have-secondary-breast-cancer/ct-p/secondary_breast_cancer but you are obviously very welcome here.

much love,

B x

buster1

Sorry to hear that Mollymay. These decisions are so hard to make. I hope your treatment goes well and you have an easy ride. Big hugs
Mollymay

Hi, when I had a check up in July and it was obvious that the tumours where growing again my onc said if I was feeling well and enjoying a good quality of life I could delay further treatment for a time. Not an easy decision to make but a ct scan in August showed only slow growth so as I was working full time and felt good I went for that option. Things have gone slightly downhill in the last few months with the Lymphoedema- caused by tumour in armpit getting worse and the appearance of skin mets so back to chemo. First treatment yesterday went well and ok today, just waiting to see what side effects I'll get this time.

Millasmummy

Glad your ok Belle and Kalimera. I've just taken the dog for a walk and feel ok, sitting down now thou. I feel fine, but the colour has drained from my face, I definitely look paler. Anybody have this already? No sickness yet! But tired but nothing major. How are you feeling Foxy214? Thanks Netti37 and Buster for messages. Hope you all have a good night. Xxx
kalimera

Millasmummy and Belle, glad you're home and doing well...Mine went well too, have a slightly fuzzy head and plenty of sickness medication. But feel fine and glad to have the first one out of the way Smiley Happy xx

buster1

So glad you're back home and ok xx xx xx one step closer
netti37

Millasmummy and Belle. Good to hear your both home and things aren't too bad. Hope all other ladies are doing ok to. Xx
Belle

Nice to hear from you Millasmummy 🙂

Me too.  Got home about 20mins ago.  Took about 31/2 hrs because the Emend had to be given an hour before the chemo started and also because today was the day of the new pumps in the unit so they were all going bonkers as inevitably they didn't work like the old ones!  I felt very sorry for the staff - it was going to be  a long day there.

My take home goodies are: Emend (anti sickness); Dexamethasone (steroids); Cyclizine (more anti sickness); Domperidone (even more anti sickness!); Difflam mouth wash.

I've already drunk 2 litres and done a 'clense & detox' juice today so apart from the constant trips to the loo, I hope I'm helping the toxins out of my system while wishing them well in their quest to nuke any rogue cancers still lurking.

Generally feeling ok so far but already muddled headed (doesn't bode well!) and my mouth is tacky.

B x

Millasmummy

Just finished and back home now. It took 2 hours in total. Quite anxious at first but feel much calmer now I'm home and I know the first one is done. Just waiting now to see what side effects surface. I have a bag full of anti sickness so hoping it keeps nausea at bay. Hope the other ladies starting today have got on ok xx
Charissecarson

Good luck today new starter ladies. X
Nevyn

Take care all.

I didn't feel like eating (most unusual for me!) but I'm finding that little and often is helping me through and I'm feeling better for it.

Nev. X
julie.galea

Hi all

Thinking about all of you that are having your first session tomorrow. 

Its not nice but a means to an end.  Ive had my up and down days since my first session on the 1st June and admit that I have struggled but sharing on here and reading everyone elses posts have helped me along as I know that it is not just me.  I slept on and off for nearly 3 days from Saturday but have now managed 2 days back at work and feeling better all the time.  Its an uphill struggle believe we can all make it with a little bit of support.

Take each day as it comes and listen to your bodies.  See you on the other side.

Hugs

Julie

Millasmummy

Good luck ladies for tomorrow. Will update after. Belle that's a gorgeous bottle of Gin 👍 X
Belle

Just think of us as the three muscateers, Kalimera: you, me & Millasmummy 😄

I'm heading bedwards now, lack of sleep is telling on me.  And I just know that's going to get worse!  See you on the other side.

B x

kalimera

I am starting tomorrow too, I thought it was today, but just blood tests. Feeling pretty anxious this evening, the Gin is an excellent idea Belle! I might have to borrow that one. Well we'll see what happens tomorrow then...Good luck ladies xx

buster1

Thinking of you all and hoping its gentle on you. Not too gentle though its got a job to do but kind. Lots of hugs Buster1 xx
Belle

Hi Foxy2104 and Charissecarson,

Top tip re eating!  Will definitely try to remember that.  First one tomorrow.  Just packed a bag of bits to take with me: water (I drink like a fish); herbal tea bags (don't drink normal tea); sweets to suck; book; headphones; lipbalm etc.  Just about to update my phone with some listening material.  I've raided the the BBC iplayer app for downloadable dramas.  

As a treat to look forward to, I've bought a bottle of Stratford Gin (bit of a gin fiend!) which is going to sit on my dresser until after this is all over and I'm well enough to crack it open!  Looks pretty, doesn't it? 😄

DBP_5389lowres.jpg

Moved from anxious to Bring it On.  The sooner it starts, the sooner it'll be over.  

I know Millamummy is joining me in starting tomorrow - anyone else?

B x

Charissecarson

I felt like you when I got home, pretty normal then about 1800 started feeling really sick. I cried when my husband put a plate of food in front on me because the thought of eating it was horrendous! However I managed half a plateful and it made me feel ten times better so I suggest eating even if you don't want to. Lasted about 3 hours and then the sicky feeling kicked back in so went to bed and the laying down settled my belly enough to sleep. X
On a diversion

Hiya Foxy 2104,

Just popping in from the May starters. Just to say that your experiences sound very similar to mine after my first FEC. Listen to your body and rest as much as possible. Everyone seems to react differently. 

Following my FECs I have been prescribed dexamethasone, a steroid, I think it is to counteract the nausea but I find a side effect is it keeps me awake at night, which is rubbish when you know you need to rest and sleep! For nausea and sickness I also have onandestron to take regularly  and metoclopromide to take when needed (before meals in my case). if they haven't prescribed metoclopromide it might be worth asking for some just to help you get through. 

Because I couldn't eat after the first cycle I became very weak because I lost a lot of weight and was prescribed Emend for the second cycle which was a few days ago.  I believe they only tend to prescribe these if you have a bad experience the first time round. I have found it has helped. I have kept my appetite and not been sick once so far this time around. It might be worth asking for this next time. 

Hope you manage with getting the children ready for school xx

Foxy2104

Hi all,
Had my first chemo yesterday.Wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be, took 2 hours.I felt very lively for a few hours but then started with feeling woozy and ended up being sick twice. Had a restless night probably due to steroids, gutted as I feel shattered.
Struggling this morning, felt like i'dont been hit by a steamroller but probably due to the shock of chemo and no food.
Ate a little toast and had my tablets this morning and I'm slowly feeling a bit more normal.Looks like a day on sofa today. Just hard when you've got to get the kids ready for school.How did everyone else feel on the first night? X
Sissylw1980

Hi all, I'm from the January thread so finished chemo end of April. I had fec-t chemo and found that my brows didn't start to thin out until the T part of the chemo. I was lucky to keep some of my brows (though what was left went very fair) so I still had some shape which I coloured in with an eyebrow pencil and coloured wax. Good luck to you all starting this month xx
buster1

Oh Belle, I think we all have to go through the same emotions eventually just at different times. I dont think I took it seriously at first probably in denial. I keep saying this but allow yourself to feel and just put one foot in front of the other. You're fighting back so as my husband reminds me you are a warrior. Big hug
Belle

There's also the Look Good Feel Better days.  I've booked into one although not until 1st August.  I believe they teach you things like how to cope with eyebrows.

http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Milasummy,

Eyebrows

there are a number of things you can do. You could order some "eye brow wigs" I found some on Amazon. Although not tried yet, as they are still there at the moment. Or you could use Eyelure eyebrow stencils and a good eyebrow pencil and eyebrow shadow. Superdrug has quite a selection of stuff. However I found that the templates were too large and made my own. Off to Hobbycraft to get some acetate sheets - cut them into a rectangle a little larger than my brow area. Then stuck them on with tape - and drew the shape of my eyebrows with a permanent small tipped marker. Once done cut the coloured area out very carefully with a scalpel - and hey presto - my own customised eye brow stencil!

Sue xxx

buster1

Belle, I'm thinking we all must have to go through the same emotions as everyone else at some point. For me i was joking around at first not really taking it seriously looking back
or maybe in denial. I thought I was ok but then have wobbles along the way. I keep saying this but I think you gotta try and ride the waves a bit. Just allow yourself to feel whatever it is and put one foot.in front of the other. Its really hard and your fighting so remember your a warrior. Big hug
Belle

I came late to the eyebrow tattooing too, Millasmummy.  I spent much of Sunday googling to see if it was too late and the conclusion I came to was the same as the advice Buster's given.

I've just got back from the hairdresser's where I've gone for a really short crop.  They were so lovely.  I've been going to them for a couple of years so not long really, but they refused to charge me for this one as they know it's a pre chemo crop.  Aren't people kind?  I nearly cried.  

I'm having trouble sleeping again.  It's taking ages to drop off and when I do my dreams are filled with chaotic chemo units and horrific side effects.  Clearly I'm more stressed than I like to admit.

buster1

Hi mollymay,sorry to hear about your lymphoedema 😞. I didn't realise that you could leave such a break between fec and dox Was it a medical reason? Hope all goes well. Take care xxx
Mollymay

Enjoying my last day at work before starting steroids tomorrow, visiting the lymphoedema clinic and then hospital for medical photos and blood test ahead of my first dose of docetaxel on Thursday. Finished my epirubicin chemo in Jan last year so have had a good run without treatment but lymphoedema is pretty bad now so hope the treatment will improve that. All the best to everyone else starting chemo this week.

buster1

Hi Millasmummy, I looked into this quite a bit to preoccupy me. The tattooist that did me said that cosmetic tattoos dont have metal in them and when I ask in radiography during my scans etc they didn't seem concerned at all. But you'd obviously have to check with the specific,tattooist. As far as if its too late, I was told approx 6 weeks after my surgery which it was and as you have to have them topped up make sure there are 4- 6 weeks apart and fully healed approx 4 weeks before chemo because of the infection risk of exposed wounds xx